Subject: On Megaco Requirements

From: Udaya Shankara <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:22:17 +0530

Hi,
      I am new to this list and my question is very basic. The Megaco
Requirements  tells that  " ... an MG realizes point-to-point connections
and conferences, ..."
      My question is what  the conference here means. Does it have anything
to do with the conferences which are established among 3 or more end point.
Managing such a conference  falls under the purview of a Gatekeeper, right?
When we refer to the conference in Megaco requirements , are we talking
about incorporating Gatekeeper functionalities in the MG?

      I request those who are clear about this, to enlighten me.

Thanks and regards,
Udaya

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:45:05 +0200

Udaya,

Conference does indeed have to do with multipoint sessions.  This does
not imply that GK functionality is incorporated: H.248/MEGACO deals with
the _media_ connections, not the call signaling.

Regards,

John Segers

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954