Subject: Changes to wording on Terminations in Berlin draft

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:11:57 -0400

Changes were made in the Berlin draft under "Terminations Overview" so that
the text now reads:

>Terminations representing physical the corresponding Subtract
>command. In contrast, when a physical Termination is Add'ed to
>or Subtract'ed from a Context, it is taken from or to the null
>Context, respectively.

The wording that was deleted had to do with defining physical
terminations as permanent, and ephemeral terminations as created
on Add and destroyed on Subtract.  I'd like an explanation of
why this wording needed to be changed, and what the wording is
now supposed to convey.

Brian

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:01:08 +0300

I have one question.

In the document, it says that we can add, and create new, terminations (using
the Add command). It also says that we can remove a termination from a context
(using the Subtract command), and it will then be a part of the null context
(not belonging to a context). My question is: how do we, if it's even possible,
remove ("destroy") a termination completely? For example, if we have a
termination representing a RTP stream, after we've ended the call we might want
to remove the termination from the MG, and not having it "hanging around" in
the null context, and then create a new RTP termination next time we set up a
call.

Thanks,

Christer