Subject: MGCP RFC

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:52:12 -0400

The following extract from the minutes of the Aug. 12 IESG meeting will be
of interest:

"14. The IESG had no problem with the publication of Media Gateway
    Control Protocol (MGCP) <draft-huitema-megaco-mgcp-v1-02.txt> as an
    Informational RFC, but requested that the following text be included
    as an IESG Note:

        This document is being published for the information of the
        community.  It describes a protocol that is currently being
        deployed in a number of products.  Implementers should keep aware
        of developments in the IETF Megaco Working Group and ITU-T SG16
        who are currently working on a potential successor to this
        protocol.

    Steve to notify RFC Editor."

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- IPConnect Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961