Subject: TerminationID in ABNF

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:54:13 -0400

I noticed in the current version of ABNF, the TerminationID cannot be
encoded as per RFC 822.  For example, 11/4/[email-masked] is not a valid
TerminationID according to ABNF in Version 11.  I believe what is missing
is the "@" symbol (or a reference to the addr-spec ABNF in RFC822).

Chip

--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:50:52 -0400

I dont care much if terminationid has [email-masked]. However, wildcards would have to
be restricted to the pre @ string and the post @ string  would be optional.
Otherwise,  it would be a miss.

Abdallah

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:56:13 -0400

Right now the ABNF seems to be a free text string with no structure.  The
only thing that really needs to be added is the ability to include a "."
and "@" in the text string.

Unless you want to have the syntax of RFC822 encoded in the ABNF which is
not what I was proposing.

Chip