Subject: Re: Add *

From: Nancy-M Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:52:58 -0500

Ok, let's be clear on what happens then. As many adds as are matched by the
* are attempted. Some fail, some succeed. If one or more fails, the Add
returns a failed return code, and the MGC needs to issue an AuditValue with
terminationId=*, or with context=contextId given in the Add, to actually
find out what happened. The ones that succeeded are not rolled back in any
case.

Note that this discussion applies to Subtract *, and Modify * as well.

So text something like the following needs to be added to the descriptions
for Add, Subtract and Modify:

If an Add with a wildcarded termination is used, the command fails if one or
more terminations failed to be added to the specified context. The MGC may
issue an AuditValue with the given context to find out exactly which
terminations now exist in the context.

Nancy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nancy M. Greene
Internet & Service Provider Networks, Nortel Networks
T:514-271-7221 (internal:ESN853-1077) E:[email-masked]

> ----------
> From:         Brian Rosen[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:         Wednesday, September 01, 1999 7:57 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Re: Add *
>
> I agree with Tom's analysis.  If MyTerm* matches
> MyTerm1, MyTerm2 and MyTerm3, and I do Add=MyTerm*{...,
> then unless all three Terminations are added, the command fails.
>
> Bria
>
>