Subject: ammsreply ABNF error

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:25:04 -0400

The ABNF production for "ammsReply" is shown below:
ammsReply = ( AddToken | MoveToken | ModifyToken | SubtractToken )
         ( commandError | ( [EQUAL TerminationID] [terminationAudit] ))

I believe there should be a media descriptor in there instead of
terminationAudit.

The rough equivalent from Berlin before all the reply changes is:

ammAccept = ( AddToken / MoveToken / ModifyToken ) [EQUAL
terminationIDList] [LBRKT mediaDescriptor RBRKT]

--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:00:30 -0400

I believe that this has been discussed before on the list as what reply returns.

ammRequest can audit any descriptor,

ammRequest = (AddToken | MoveToken | ModifyToken ) EQUAL TerminationID
             [LBRKT ammParameter *(COMMA ammParameter) RBRKT]

ammParameter= (mediaDescriptor | modemDescriptor | muxDescriptor |
          eventsDescriptor | signalsDescriptor | digitMapDescriptor |
auditDescriptor)

auditDescriptor = AuditToken LBRKT auditItem  *(COMMA auditItem) RBRKT

auditItem = ( MuxToken | ModemToken | MediaToken |
                      EventsDescriptorToken | SignalsDescriptorToken |
                    DigitMapToken | StatsToken | ObservedEventsToken |
                    PackagesToken )

Hence, rather than restricting the reply to mediaDescriptor, it is general to
audit any requested descriptor. Same thing goes for subtract.

The reasoning behind this is that in certain scenarios, auditing before/after
a  particular command creates discrepancy between the actual and
the reported values.

Abdallah Rayhan