Subject: Service Change Methods

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:49:04 -0400

Chuong Nguyen [[email-masked]] noticed
problems in the ServiceChangeMethod.  Some are
simple errors (Registration should use Restart, not
Forced, Failover is not defined in the list of Methods).
I will fix those in the next revision.  A couple need list
discussion.

One is that we should have a list of Reasons, and there
should probably be an IANA extensible list.  Please email me
reasons you can think of for the starting list.

In Section 11.4, Failure of an MGC, it states that the MG
should send a ServiceChange with a "Forced" Method
to the new MGC.  However, Forced is defined as the specified
Terminations were taken abruptly out of service and any
established connections associated with them were lost.
In the case of a failed MGC, connections have not been lost.

Should we instead use "Failover" for this case?

Brian