Subject: Ability To Synchronize Streams

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:09:11 -0400

This is to remind you of an oversight arising out of our multimedia
discussions last spring.  We need a way to indicate which streams are to be
synchronized (e.g. synchronization of voice with video) on exit from the MG.
My proposal was that such synchronization would be indicated at each
termination by including a "synch=StreamId" property within one stream
descriptor to point at another stream to which it should be bound.  On
second thought, it may be that we actually want to do this at the context
level, which means that the whole thing should be deferred for version 2
like the bridging context property has been.

Comments?

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- IPConnect Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:35:01 +0200

Tom,

My deadline for white draft submission is today.  I will be glad to get
acceptable text for events and signals in.  Stream synchronization will
have to wait a little while.

John

> Tom-PT Taylor wrote:
> discussions last spring.  We need a way to indicate which streams are
> to be synchronized (e.g. synchronization of voice with video) on exit
> from the MG.  My proposal was that such synchronization would be
> indicated at each termination by including a "synch=StreamId" property
> within one stream descriptor to point at another stream to which it
> should be bound.  On second thought, it may be that we actually want
> to do this at the context level, which means that the whole thing
> should be deferred for version 2 like the bridging context property
> has been.
>
> Comments?
>
> Tom Taylor

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954