Subject: Creation of Contexts

From: CHAPRON Jean-Emmanuel CNET/DAC/ISS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:43:14 +0200

Hi,

I have a few questions about creation of contexts. 

In the following case:

Transaction = 10000 {
        Context = $ {
                Modify = A5263 {....
                }
        }
}

an error probably occurs, even if A5263 does exist in another context. Which
error code will be returned? 

Is a new context created? 
If yes, we have an empty context. What does it become?

If no, which ContextID is returned in "Reply"? It is specified that a
ContextID in a "Reply" may be specific or null, but not "unspecified"
(section 8.2.2)

Thanks for your help.
                                 ```
                               (o o)
-----------------------oOO--(_)--OOo-----------------------------
Jean-Emmanuel CHAPRON
FRANCE TELECOM 
CNET/DAC/ARS
38-40 rue du général Leclerc
92794 Issy-les-Moulineaux Cedex 9 - France
Tel: +33 1 45 29 64 50
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:28:08 -0500

This is interesting.
First can you have a $ for Context when using a Modify command?

If no, then by the 8th paragraph of section 8.2.2
"If the receiver encounters an error such that it cannot determine a legal
Action, it will return a TransactionReply
consisting of the TransactionID and a single error descriptor." which requires
no contextID.

If answer is yes, see below

> error code will be returned?

Error for using Modify with Context $ or error because A5263 exist in another
context?
What kind of error are you indicating here?

> If yes, we have an empty context. What does it become?

The answer should be no context created because response to command is an
error.
Otherwise how does one remove an empty context.  I guess you could do a
Subtract on Context XXX with
terminationID set to ALL.
Or MG return some Context ID and MGC can do a MOVE or ADD any legitimate
termination to that Context.

> ContextID in a "Reply" may be specific or null, but not "unspecified"

Either change section 8.2.2 to include unspecified or just return null.  IF the
response is an error as described by
the 8th paragraph of Section 8.2.2, no ContextID is needed in the Reply.
IF you are talking about some other kind of error (which I am not sure what it
is here), returning Context ID of Null
should be ok.  What difference does it make for an error Reply whether Context
ID is Null or unspecified.

Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****