Subject: Questions on TransactionReply

From: Ashok Khuntia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:31:03 -0500

Hi Brian,

I got two questions on section 8.2.2 TransactionReply of MEGACOP V11
document:

1. Say, there are 3 commands in an action. Commands 1 and 2 are valid
(parsed
correctly) but command 3 is not valid (not parsed correctly). What
should one do?
Process the first two commands and send an error descriptor for the 3rd
command OR don't process any command and send one error descriptor. What
is the correct behaviour?

2. The last paragraph says "If the receiver encounters an error such
that it cannot determine a legal transaction, it will return a
TransactionReply with a null TransactionID and a single error
descriptor." What is the purpose of the error descriptor if you don't
know the transactionID? How does one use such an error descriptor?
--
  Alcatel USA                         Email:
[email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075   Phone: 972-477-7073
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA ****