Subject: HTML-ized ABNF from APC-1711

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 00:22:13 -0400

I've attached a zip file containing a html version of the ABNF from APC-1711.
APC1711 contains ABNF generated from the ASN.1 specification proposed by
Lucent and Tech-Know-Ware for specifying H.248.

I'm currently attempting to code up a simple H.248 message using both the
APC1711 version of ABNF and the latest IETF megaco WG draft version of ABNF
to see what the differences are.

Hopefully the attached (and Tom's HTMLized megaco ABNF he sent out earlier)
will make it easier for you to do the same comparison.

One exercise I think would be worthwhile before the current SG16 meeting is
over is for everyone to go to their respective corners (or hotel rooms) and
code up a basic call setup and teardown.  Then come back together and see
how close we all are.  If we come up with widely divergent encodings then
we have some work to do.  I think the spec is at the stage where this
should be possible (at least for the text encoding).

Chip

Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:07:51 -0400

The examples reported in MEGACO/H.248 are consistent with ABNF248.
It would be a good idea if you use them in your APC1711 encoding.
At least it would making comparing the output of each easier.

Abdallah Rayhan

Chip Sharp wrote:

>   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                        Name: ABNF_1711.zip
>    ABNF_1711.zip       Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed)
>                    Encoding: base64
>
>   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------