Subject: MIBs

From: "Petros N. Mouchtaris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:52:49 -0400

I looked into the MIB document (draft-ietf-megaco-mib-00.txt). It seems to me
that the document is very narrowly focused. I think it only addresses the
requirement on statistics on quality of service on the control and signalling
backhaul interfaces. None of the other requirements are addressed adeqautely.

I think that part of the problem is that the MIB requirements section is
probably one of the weakest sections of the requirements document. I'm
personally unclear on what we are trying to accomplish there. For example two of
the requirements in the requirements document describe the following
requirements:
*    The protocol must provide information on: statistics required for traffic
engineering within the MG.
b.   The protocol must allow the MG to provide to the MGC all information the
MGC needs to provide in its MIB.

It is unclear to me how these requirements can be addressed.

I agree with Nancy's comments that more discussion would be very useful in this
area.

Petros

P.S. By the way, MGCP and SGCP need to be added to the list of media gateway
protocols since IPDC and Q931+ are already in the list.

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:00:17 -0700

As I said in my introduction of the MIB on this list, the current MIB draft
is very, very rough and we have plenty of things to add to it after the
D.C. meeting. Your comments will be saved.