Subject: service change

From: Jennifer Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:51:35 -0500

I have the following questions regarding service change method:

1. During forceful service change (service_change_method=forced), for
example caused by transmission/equipment failure,  how will MG handle
the cleanup of resources (i.e.  context and terminations that are
related to a call)??  I did not find an answer from the
MEGACO standard,  but it seems that there are three possibilities:

     1).  MG cleanup resources before service_change is sent to
     MGC.
     2).  MG cleanup resources after receiving service_change_ack
     from MGC.
     3).  MG does nothing until receiving subtracts from MGC.

Which action is the correct one?

2. When a network has transmission problem, for example, bouncing
circuits,  suppose MG sends out a service_change graceful to the MGC
with timer set to 5 mins.  But then within that 5 mins,  the problem is
resolved, since the timer has not expired yet (means nothing has been
done yet to cleanup),   is there a way to cancel/clear the previous
service_change command??  This way, none of the connections will be
affected.   (We cannot send service_change with restart since that will
cause all the calls be torn down and put all circuit to idle state).

3. Can one service change method has multiple service_change_reasons?
My impression is yes, since for example, for failover case, we could
have "failed MGC" and "failed MG".

Thanks,

Jennifer