Subject: draft-megaco-atm-imp-00.doc

From: Sophia Scoggins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:57:20 -0400

The draft-megaco-atm-imp-00.doc will be put on the ietf ftp site soon.

This document proposes mechanisms needed to address issues associated
with connection oriented packet networks such as an ATM network or an
IP network using some form of network path reservation.

An end-to-end call identifier (EECID) is needed to uniquely identify a
call within a network segment.

First, this document contains several alternatives to address the setup
and tear down of a connection oriented packet network path, that
provides the necessary wait state during path setup. Each alternative
has some pros and cons. We make a recommendation among the alternatives
to reduce the number of possible implementations and interpretability
scopes.

Second, this document proposes a unique end-to-end call identifier
(EECID) to uniquely identify a call within a network segment. The
EECID is passed between the two MGs that allows for correlation of a
network path with a specific request or call attempt. The various
EECID formats, possible fields and value in different protocols are
discussed. The description is specified in SDP.

Third, this document contains a description of the events and signals
specific to connection oriented packet networks and proposes an
event/signal package used in the Megaco/H. 248 protocol.

Regards, Sophia

---

From: Sophia Scoggins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:40:45 -0400

The correct file name is draft-scoggins-megaco-atmimp-00.txt.
The file has been submitted.

Regards,
Sophia Scoggins
Nortel Networks
[email-masked]
(919)991-2182