Subject: Optional commands

From: Cliff Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:20:13 -0500

There are two sections in the standard that mention optional
commands.  When I read them, I understand two slightly
different things:

Section 8:
"optional commands may be executed even if a previous command
 results in a error"

 To paraphase--optional commands are not influenced by the
               execution of other commands.

 If we have commands A, B, C (optional), and D
 And command B fails, then we may choose whether or not to
 to execute C but we won't execute D.

Section 8.2.2
"If the optional command does generate an error, the transaction
 still continues to execute..."

 To paraphase--optional commands do not influence the execution
               of other commands.

 If we have commands A, B, C (optional), and D
 And A and B are good but command C fails, then we still execute
 command D.

Are both interpretations correct?