Subject: Questions on megacop

From: Ashok Khuntia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:58:56 -0500

Brian,

Got a few questions on "draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-05.txt" or v11 of
megacop document:

1. Section 7.2.8, Page31, it says "The profile includes the version of
the profile supported.". Is it referring to the version of the megacop
stack? If so, it is already there in every message.

2. Section 7.2.8, Page31, it says "A ServiceChange Command specifying
the "Root" for the TerminationID is a registration command by which a
Media Gateway announces its existence to the Media Gateway Controller.".
Is this a true statement ? One could specify "ROOT" in the ServiceChange
Command to take all terminations out of service.

3. Section 8, Page 34, the 2nd paragraph "Applications SHOULD implement
an application level timer per transaction. Expiration of the ......".
This paragraph was not there in v10 of the document. It has been addded
in v11 of the document. Is this referring to the timers in the stack
(for ALF)? Or is it some other timer to be implemented by applications
that sit on top of the stack?

Would appreciate a response.

Ashok Khuntia

--
  Alcatel USA                         Email:
[email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075   Phone: 972-477-7073
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA ****