Subject: see RFC 2705

From: Ruppelt Christian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:40:21 +0200

It's informational

---

From: Undetermined origin c/o LISTSERV administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:58:03 -0400

> It's informational

Informational indeed. And a quantum leap in the right direction. Would
anyone be interested in extending the abstract API of RFC 2705 to a
concrete API implemented in Java? For an example, download the public
draft of the Java/JAIN SS7/TCAP API at:
http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr011/

Apologies for using a telco-oriented example but it's the OO
methodology, not the application, that counts. Note that I've resisted
the temptation to sermonize on the value of TINA methodology in
general. The IETF would be wise to adapt it to the Internet-specific
context. For all I know, there may be enough members of the TINA
Consortium and/or Java Consortium on this list to initiate a Java API
for MGCP. Feel free to contact me offlist if you're interested.

Corrigendum: in the IESG note near the top of RFC 2705, for "ITF-T
SG16" read "ITU-T SG16" (the ITU Study Group for multimedia services
and systems).

--
-----------------------------------------------------------
Tom Nelson Scott             Phone: 1-419-354-5700
The Veda Home Company        Fax: 1-419-354-5705
1411 Sheffield Drive         Email: [email-masked]
Bowling Green OH 43402       http://veda-home.com
-----------------------------------------------------------