Subject: Comments on App. G examples

From: Al Varney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:16:16 -0500

Nancy, Brian, John, etc.,

   If you have time (unlikely), you might consider the following "editorial"
changes to Appendix G (nee Annex G).  These comments refer to
MegacoH248v11.pdf

G.1.2 - remove second paragraph, duplicates first

G.1.2 (p. 70), step 14 explanatory text reverses the result of the Ring and
RingTone signals.  The message seems OK.  Replace the last 2 sentences with:

   The signal Package1/Ring put on A5555 makes MG2's phone ring.  The
   signal Package1/RingTone on the new termination (A5556) sends audible
   ringback tone to MG1 (and thus to the caller) via RTP.

G.2.3 - Would horizontally-flipping Figure 8 (DS0 on the left) agree
        with flows that typically have the call start on the right?
        (On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with having it the
         way it is.)

G.2.3 - Move the Step 3 label to the prior paragraph (The MGC creates...)

G.2.3 - Step 7 explanatory text -- add to the end:

   ... and sends another MODIFY command to return audible ringback tone to
   the SCN caller on DS0/13/2:

  Change command to add:

      },
      Modify = DS0/13/2 {
        Signals { Package1/RingTone {variant=NorthAmerica}}

G.2.3 - Step 8 then needs another MODIFY in the Reply:

    Context = 2000 {Modify, Modify}

G.2.4 - Step 11, two items.  This is setting A4445 to "sendrecv", but it
   was already set to that in Step 3 when it was created.  So either
   change Step 3 to indicate "a=recvonly" for the Local SDP, or remove
   the duplicate action in step 11.   (I'm not clear why this isn't
   done via LocalControl/Mode like the first example, so I may be
   off in left field on this.)

   Second item is to add text ( ... and turns off ringback tone) and
   a MODIFY to the command to do that:

      },
      Modify = DS0/13/2 {
        Signals { Package1/Clear}

G.2.3 - Step 13 then needs another MODIFY in the Reply (assuming the
        MODIFY = A4445 stays in Step 11):

    Context = 2000 {Modify, Modify}

-----------
   Sorry to be so late with the comments.  This Appendix is probably the
least of your concerns at this point.
Al Varney - Lucent Technologies  +1 630 224-7493    [email-masked]