Subject: Megaco/H.248 reqs -07

From: Nancy-M Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:17:22 -0500

Please find the latest requirements draft at:

ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/latest/draft-ietf-megaco-reqs
-07.txt

It should soon be available from the public Internet-drafts directory.

The main differences between reqs-07 and reqs-06 are:
- section 5.3 Media Transformations, on what is meant by analyzing DTMF from
audio streams and what can be done with it, has been reworded, and

- section 11.2.9 IVR Unit has been renamed ARF Unit, or Audio Resource
Function Unit, and includes requirements for these functions: Play Audio,
DTMF Collect, Record Audio, Audio Conferencing, Speaker Verification, and
Voice Recognition. (In fact the last two still need requirements to be
listed.)

The changes in section 11.2.9  are in response to Michael Ramalho's request
for Voice Enabled Gateway functionality. Instead of making a separate
section for this, we have incorporated it into the IVR Unit section, and
renamed it Audio Resource Function Unit section. These changes still need
discussion on the list.

There are also some wording changes for clarification.

See
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/latest/draft-ietf-megaco-reqs
-07CHGBARRED.pdf to see this draft change barred against reqs-06.

Nancy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nancy M. Greene
Internet & Service Provider Networks, Nortel Networks
T:514-271-7221 (internal:ESN853-1077) E:[email-masked]