Subject: SEP vs. LWSP

From: Nissim Buskila <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 14:31:25 ASIA/TEL_AVIV

Do we really need both the SEP and LWSP tokens??? The SEP token is only used
twice in the whole ABNF. IMHO we need to consolidate them into a single
token.

Nissim.

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1

---

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:40:49 -0400

The answer is yes, we need the two. There is difference between LWSP and SEP.
LWSP means zero or more space, and SEP is at least one space. Why at least one ?

Because between authenticationHeader and message there is no separator.
You find separators in "=", ":" ,"}" ," {" , "," , etc. Between the header and
message
there is not one like that, therefore we need to insert the space to do it.
Otherwise you can not tell where the header ends and where the message starts.
Same thing applies to Version and mId.

regards
Abdallah