Subject: Re: Signals

From: Peter Blatherwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:59:22 -0500

More...

> I hope you are saying that on-hook and off-hook have duration.  That is,
> they are OO events.  This is why OO events should only be turned off
> explicitly.
>
What I am saying is immediate Signals take effect immediately.  Once the
transaction the Signal was part of is ACKed, MGC can assume its done.  Have
duration in the sense they stay in the set state until explicitly turned off
or otherwise changed, but don't have duration in that they don't time out or
anything like that.  This is compatible with the OO wording of the brand
spanking new Megaco/H.248  v11 (section 7.1.11).

> BTW, there should be very few OO events.
>
Don't know about that.  I think we'll find there are lots.

> Sounds like what you are calling "immediate" is what I am calling "OO".
>
Yes, I think so.

-- Peter