Subject: Sequences of Signals for announcements - was RE: Signals Operatio n

From: Nancy-M Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:11:28 -0500

Chip Sharp writes:
> > > 
> > > > 3)   There is a desire to support sequential signals (e.g.,
> outpulsing 
> > > > digits).  The way this seems to be handled today is that outpulsing
> is 
> > > > defined as a signal with a parameter containing the digits to 
> > > > outpulse.  The semantics for this signal are defined in the 
> > > > package (e.g., 
> > > > outpulse signals are sent sequentially).   Outpulsing digits 
> > > > (e.g., DTMF, 
> > > > MF, etc.) was the only application we could think of for sequential 
> > > > signals.  Let us know what some others are. 
> > > I do believe that limiting to one package is not good enough.  I'll 
> > admit to 
> > > not being able to come up with an example right now, so maybe it is. 
> > 
> ><MB> As if said before, I do still prefer the idea of defining signals to
> do 
> >sequential play, such as outpulse, within the package that needs it. 
> 
>       An outpulse signal in the package defining  outpulsing digits would
> be a 
> simple solution to the major application.  No one has chimed in with an 
> application for sequential signals other than outpulse of digits.  BTW, if
> 
> DTMF is used shouldn't this be "outtoned"? ;-) 
> 
> 
[Nancy] For more advanced announcements, an MGC will likely want to send
down a series of segments, as parameters to a playlist for announcements. It
would go to one termination that would subsequently play the announcement
segments as a series of signals. 

For example,

Signals {
   AdvancedAnnPkg/PlayList {ann {id=1}, ann{digits="1234567"}, ann{id=2}, 
      ann{digits="7891234"}, ann{id=3}, ann{digits="7778888"} } 
}

where 1 is stored in the MG as "The number", 2 is "and", and 3 is "have been
forwarded to".

In this example, the "advanced" announcement pkg would have a signal ann
that accepts either an announcement id, or a string of digits to be spoken.
ann then plays that announcement as a signal externally to the termination,
back to the user. This is just an example - the "advanced" announcement pkg
hasn't been written yet...

Nancy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nancy M. Greene 
Internet & Service Provider Networks, Nortel Networks
T:514-271-7221 (internal:ESN853-1077) E:[email-masked]