Subject: mistake in section 7.2.8 in v12

From: Wai-tak Siu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:35:42 -0800

Hi,
    In section 7.2.8 Service Change, in the paragraph "A ServiceChange
Command specifying the "Root" for the TerminationID is a registration
command...", it says that "the ServiceChangeMethod shall be "forced" for
this usage". It is in conflict with section 11.2 Cold Start, where it
says "upon a cold start of the MG, it will will issue a ServiceChange
command with a "Restart" method." I think section 11.2 is right, and
section 7.2.8 should be corrected.
    Thanks.
Waitak
Cisco Systems

---

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:14:41 -0600

I have mentioned this twice and my co-workers have also written to the list
about this too.
But for some reason, we never got a response on this issue.
If we do not get a response, I guess we have to implement both
ServiceChange Methods as registration
if the terminationID is root.

Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****