Subject: Re: ammsReply

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:17:39 -0500

v12, page 57, Binary Encoding Appendix: 
-- The following code differs from the ABNF of Annex B, where the 
-- terminationID is optional in case a terminationAudit is returned. 

Can we just make the terminationID not optional so the Binary and Text
encoding are the same? 
Or does it make any difference if Binary and Test encoding are not exactly
the same?  

While we can go back and change decisions that have been made, we decided
that you don't get a terminationID unless you use a wildcard or choose.  We
probably should make them the same,

John Segers - what shall we do?

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:06:06 +0100

> >      Can we just make the terminationID not optional so the Binary and text encoding are the same?
> >      Or does it make any difference if Binary and Test encoding are not exactly the same?
>
> While we can go back and change decisions that have been made, we decided that you don't get a terminationID
>      unless you use a wildcard or choose.  We probably should make them the same,
>

Brian,

Why don't we get rid of the optionality?

John
--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954

---

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:48:09 -0500

My preference is to make TerminationID mandatory. It is just a cleaner way of
doing things, not to mention consistency between requests and replies.

Abdallah