Subject: Washington Issue 9 - Wildcards in SDP

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:26:29 -0500

A number of issues were raised in the Washington meeting that
were "send to the list".  This is one of these issues, with the
problem and my suggested fix.

Problem:

It may be desirable to allow a wildcard in SDP, which would
be filled in by the responder.

Proposed Solution:
Allow ={value,value...}, or "$" or "*" in the SDP

Please note: this is a real syntax change to SDP.
It may be better to suggest that the work be done in MMUSIC

Brian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:22:28 +0100

G'Day all,

I support the use of wildcarded (ie. CHOOSE) in properties.

I gathered this was the underspecified property which is supported in
the binary
version of the protocol.

I'm not sure of the use of '*' ALL though. Any examples?

Cheers, Christian