Subject: EventDescriptor handling

From: Harpreet Singh Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:14:35 +0530

Brian, John ,

A few queries on the handling of EventsDescriptor:

1.  MG listens for the events as specified in the EventsDescriptor. When an
event with an action as Notify occurs, then MG reports the event to the MGC and
clears the signals.

What happens to the Events - will the the MG continue to listen on the events ?

Basically, what happens during the "quarantine" period (after a Notify has been
sent and a new EventDescriptor is received) ?

2. What is the difference between the BufferedEventProcessingMode as "Process"
and the event action "Accumulate" ?

What will happen if the BufferedEventProcessingMode as "Discard" and the event
action is set to "Accumulate" ?

Regards,
Harpreet

_________________________________
Harpreet Singh Anand
Ficon Technology
E-mail :  mailto:[email-masked]
Web    :  http://www.ficon-tech.com