Subject: Liaisons to ITU-T and ETSI.

From: Westermark Leon Karl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:41:40 -0700

Greetings,

I hope this email is not inappropriate. I am doing research for a graduate
class at the University of Colorado entitled "Telecommunications
Standards". I am interested in the IETF and liaison activity. Your Working
Group seems to be one of the most active in terms of liaisons. For Mr.
Taylor in particular, or anyone else, any thoughts on the following two
questions would be appreciated.

1. What is the extent and nature of your liaison activities, particularly
with ITU-T SG16 and ETSI/TIPHON? Mr. Taylor, I noticed that you spoke at
the ITU-T SG16 meeting in Chile last May. Was this a productive meeting
for you?

2. How effective do you perceive these liaison activities to be? What
could you change to make them more effective?

Regards,

Leon Westermark
[email-masked]
303-554-5878