Subject: Washington Issue 20 - Is TerminationID always returned

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:22:15 -0500

A number of issues were raised in the Washington meeting that
were "send to the list".  This is one of these issues, with the
problem and my suggested fix.

Problem
In the ABNF, if a command request does not specify a wildcard
in the terminationId, then the response does not include the
terminationId.  If the request does have a wildcard, the
terminationId is returned.  In the ASN.1, it is always returned.

The original specification did not return tid when there
was no wildcard because there was no ambiguity, it was
the normal case, and the size of the reply was short.

Proposed Solution
Either both ASN.1 and ABNF say you always return tid, or
they both say you return tid when a wildcard is used.

I personally favor the original - no tid unless wildcard.

brian

---

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:25:15 -0500

Returning the tid always is what I would prefer.

Abdallah