Subject: Washington Issue 19 - Arbitrary Wildcard

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:17:07 -0500

A number of issues were raised in the Washington meeting that
were "send to the list".  This is one of these issues, with the
problem and my suggested fix.

Problem:
The ABNF for TerminationID does not allow "*" or "$" to appear anywhere in
the string.  Constructions of the forms "foo*baz" would not
be allowed.  In many cases it would be useful to allow this
construction to match the TerminationIDPattern construction.

Proposed Solution
Allow CHOOSE and ANY anywhere in a TerminationID

Brian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:30:06 +0100

G'Day all,

I agree that this should go in. The mechanism exists in the ASN1 if we
add SEQUENCE before the OPTION for the wildcard OCTET.

Cheers, Christian