Subject: ephemeral Identifiers

From: Madhu Babu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:50:06 +0530

Hi Brian
     I have some queries on the Ephemeral identifiers

1) Considering the virtual MG case where the network interface is shared by more
than one MGC, If two different MGCs specify the same ephemeral identifier to be
added to context what is the action to be taken at MG? Is it that one MGC
request is processed and for other MGC an "terminationId is already in Context"
error message is generated?

2) What is the method of differentiating ephemeral termination identifier with
the physical termination identifiers, without looking into the body of the
message.

Regards
B.Madhubabu
Gateway Group
Hughes Software Systems

---

From: Harpreet Singh Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 18:18:08 +0530

Hello Madhubabu,

Although it is addressed to Brian, I am giving my interpretation of the things. Hope
it helps.

> error message is generated?

While adding ephemeral terminations to a context, CHOOSE termination id is used, MG
creates the ephemeral termination and gives the exact termination id in its reply to
MGC. As specific ephemeral ids can not be specifed in the Add command, therefore, it
will not be possible for two MGCs to specify the same ephemeral id in the "Add"
command.

> the physical termination identifiers, without looking into the body of the

Since termination ids are assigned by the MG, there can be an implementation
dependant way of differentiating ephemeral termination ids from the physical
termination ids based on the name / structure of termination id.

Regards,
Harpreet

_________________________________
Harpreet Singh Anand
Ficon Technology
E-mail :  mailto:[email-masked]
Web    :  http://www.ficon-tech.com