Subject: Local Connection Options

From: S Arun Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:14:08 +0530

Hi,

        I had a question about local connection options.
        Local connection options can have different
        parameters like encoding method, packetization
        period, bandwidth etc.

        L: a:G723, p:30, b:8, s:off

        1. If we have to specify multiple encoding algorithms
           and its associated parameters then how should the
           local connection options be encoded?
           For eg. G.721 with p=30, b=10 and s is on.
                     G.722 with p=40, b=20 and s is off.

        2. Is it possible for L to have multiple occurrences of
           the sub-parameter? like,
            L: a:G.721, a:G.723

        3. Also is multiple occurrences of L allowed within the
           same MGCP command? If so, then which of the local
           connection options should be chosen?

        4. If the CA specifies a range of encoding algorithms
           rather than a single value, then which value should
           Gateway use for the connection?

Regards,
Arun