Subject: Meaning of an ACK from Media Gateway to CA

From: S Arun Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:38:46 +0530

Hi,

        I have a very basic question.

        When the GW receives an RQNT and sends an ACK, does it
        mean that the actions requested in the RQNT have executed
        successfully in the GW

        OR

        does it mean that that the GW has received the message and
        the transaction is complete. The requested signals may or
        may-not have executed successfully.

Regards,
Arun

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:41:43 -0500

Well you seem to be mixing some MGCP terminology in here.

You get a reply from a transaction request.  It should indicate
that the command was EXECUTED, although clearly it means
things like signals were started and media cut-through was
enabled, and not the signal is completed and media is flowing.

The requestor send the ACK when it gets the reply if you are
using UDP/ALF transports.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: S Arun Kumar [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, November 19, 1999 8:09 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Meaning of an ACK from Media Gateway to CA
>
>
> Hi,
>