Subject: Use of ServiceChange

From: Harpreet Singh Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:42:19 +0530

Hello Brian, John,

1. In the v12 draft, it has been mentioned that MGC can use ServiceChange to put
terminations out of service. (section 7.2.8, first paragraph)

"The ServiceChange Command allows the Media Gateway to notify the Media Gateway
Controller that a Termination or group of Terminations is about to be taken out
of service or has just been returned to service. The Media Gateway Controlle may
indicate that terminations/s shall be taken out of or returned to service."

How is this different from the ServiceState in the Termination State Descriptor
? The ServiceState can also be used for putting terminations out of service. Why
do require an additional method for doing the same thing.

2. Use of the "Disconnected" Service Change Method is not clear. Is the usage of
this method similar to the "disconnected" restart method in MGCP ?

If yes, then do the MGs have to follow the "Disconnection procedure" as
specified in MGCP ?

Regards,
Harpreet

_________________________________
Harpreet Singh Anand
Ficon Technology
E-mail :  mailto:[email-masked]
Web    :  http://www.ficon-tech.com

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 18:32:04 -0500

> do require an additional method for doing the same thing.
There is a difference between "blocked" and "out of service"
I'll let the telephony experts define it precisely.  They insist that
these are two separate things.
> this method similar to the "disconnected" restart method in MGCP ?
Similar (loss of communication between MG and MGC)
> If yes, then do the MGs have to follow the "Disconnection
No