Subject: Re: Multiple SDP descriptors in Local (Remote) descriptors

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:50:33 -0600

At the originating MG, there may be a need for multiple session
descriptions in Local to describe mutually exclusive alternatives as
current capabilities of the MG, in accordance with the procedure
Christian Huitema laid down.  The terminating MG and MGC select one from
amongst these alternatives.

I've been told that an example would be useful to aid further
discussion.  I will try to prepare one for later today.

        -----Original Message-----
From:   Harpreet Singh Anand [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:   Thursday, November 25, 1999 7:27 AM
To:     [email-masked]
Subject:        Multiple SDP descriptors in Local (Remote) descriptors

        Brian / John,

        With reference to section 7.1.8, (Local and Remote Descriptors)
in v12 draft:

        "When multiple session descriptions are provided in one
descriptor, the "v=" lines are required as delimiters; otherwise they
are
optional."

        When do we require to send multiple SDP descriptors in one
descriptor ?

        MGCP required using v=0 as a delimiter between Local and Remote
Descriptor.
However, MEGACOP already has separate descriptors for Local and Remote
and there
should not be any need for specifying multiple SDP descriptors in  Local

(Remote) Descriptor.

        Regards,
Harpreet

        _________________________________
Harpreet Singh Anand
Ficon Technology
E-mail :  mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Web    :  http://www.ficon-tech.com <http://www.ficon-tech.com>