Subject: Megaco Work Item?

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:00:03 -0600

I have received a draft from David Cromwell, regarding a package for
advanced audio services as described in the abstract below.  Is there any
objection to making this a Megaco work item?  I haven't read the draft yet
myself -- I may have my own opinion after I have done so.

Abstract

   This document is a proposal to add a new event/signal package to the
   Megaco protocol to control an ARF (Audio Resource Function) which may
   reside on a Media Gateway or specialized Audio Server.

   This event package provides support for the standard IVR operations
   of PlayAnnouncement, PlayCollect, and PlayRecord.  It supports direct
   references to simple audio as well as indirect references to simple
   and complex audio. It provides audio variables, control of audio
   interruptibility, digit buffer control, special key sequences, and
   support for reprompting during data collection.   It also provides an
   arbitrary number of user defined qualifiers to be used in resolving
   complex audio structures.  For example, the user could define qualif-
   iers for any or all of the following: language, accent, audio file
   format, gender, speaker, or customer.

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- IPConnect Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961