Subject: Conformance Test Specifications for SCTP

From: Sunil Mahajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:49:36 +0530

Hi All,

As the need for Interoperability for all new protocols and standards
is high, we at HSS are working on producing conformance test
specifications for new VoIP protocols (which includes SIGTRAN
and MEGACO).

As first step in that direction, attached is the document (PDF) presenting
conformance test specification for SCTP (draft 07) protocol. The test
specification include tests required for SCTP implementation conformance
against standard definition, except tests for calculation of timer values
(related to congestion and retransmmiting) which will be added with
the next release of the document (this will also include tests for
SCTP draft-09).

This specification can be used for conformance testing of implementations, plus
all the tests or a part of it (subset) can also be used for the planned bake-off
testing
(5-9th June).

The same specification will be submitted as text file (IETF draft) to IETF soon.

Regards,
Sunil Mahajan
HSS VoIP Group

(See attached file: Sctp07ConformanceTestSpec.pdf)