Subject: Re: Error 433 behavior

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:45:50 -0400

Transaction=1 {Context=$ {Add = TDM123{....}}}

Reply=1{Context= ???? {Add = TDM123{errorDescriptor}}} or

Reply=1{Context = ??? {errorDescriptor}}     // Error 433: Termination ID is
already in a Context

I believe it should be the former.  In general, you want the most
specificity in error returns.  In this case, we clearly have no syntax
issues in determining that it is the Add which fails, for a specific reason.
Thus I think you get the error on the add.

What should the MG return for ContextID --  $ or the context Id that the
termination is in?

You get "Choose"

Should the Error Descriptor be in the command level or at the context level?

I think it should be in the command level since it is the Add command that
result in an error.

I agree, at the command level

 Brian

---

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:06:30 -0500

Thanks for the response Brian.

Can we specify in the Standard or implementor Guide that the MG returns
the ContextId that

the termination is already in instead of "CHOOSE"?

Therefore MGC does not have to do an audit to find out what context
that termination is already in.

Having MG returns "CHOOSE" does not buy MGC anything.

For a physical termination, the contextID is going to be either NULL or
created contextId, so I don't

think it would hurt to return that instead of "CHOOSE".

Either way can this be documented in the Standard or implementor Guide?

Thanks

Chuong

"Rosen, Brian" wrote:

Transaction=1
{Context=$ {Add = TDM123{....}}}

Reply=1{Context = ??? {errorDescriptor}}     //
Error 433: Termination ID is already in a Context

I
believe it should be the former.  In general, you want the most specificity
in error returns.  In this
case, we clearly have no syntax issues in determining that it is the Add
which fails, for a specific reason.
Thus I think you get the error on the add.

What should the MG return for ContextID --  $ or the context Id
that the termination is in?

You
get "Choose"

Should the Error Descriptor be in the command level or at the context
level?

I think it should be in the command level since it is the Add command
that result in an error.

I
agree, at the command level

Brian

--
Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
**** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****