Subject: One termination & multiple contexts

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:11:39 -0400

My apologies that my memory ist nicht so gut, but can someone remind me why
H.248 doesn't allow a termination to belong to more than one context?

Thanks,
Chip

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 CTO Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
http://www.netaid.org
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:05:56 -0400

It isn't necessary, for one thing -- you can get whatever effects you need
through manipulation of terminations and switching them between contexts as
necessary.  The main reason, though, was that it would really mess up the
whole model -- you'd have a bunch of extra rules to figure out the source
and destination of the media flows through a multi-context termination.  The
decision was made before we introduced streams, so it is possible we would
make a different decision now that we have them.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chip Sharp [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 9:12 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      One termination & multiple contexts
>