Subject: Conferencing!!!

From: Medha Vedaprakash <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 08:41:05 -0400

In the case of a three way calling feature, does the following accurately
describe the sequence of operation, for a single Context approach ?

Single Context Approach :
step 1: endpoint1 calls endpoint2 via the MGC. MG adds two
terminations, say T1 and T2 in a Context (ContextID = 22)

step 2: endpoint1 presses flash.The MG puts endpoint2 on hold. Does this
mean that a new Context is created and Termination, T1 moved to it (Say,
this new Context has ContextID=33)???

step 3: endpoint1 now calls endpoint3. The MG adds a Termination T3 to
Context 33.

step 4: endpoint1 presses flash again. The MG, moves endpoint2 (which was
on hold) to Context 33. Hence, it implicitly deletes Context 22. It
connects the three endpoint to the ports of a Conference bridge since
there are now more than 2 Terminations in the Context, ContextID=22.

Multiple Contexts Approach :
The case of having one context per leg , would be create a Context and
place, Termination T1 and one of the ports of the Conference bridge,
Termination TA in a Context. Repeat the same with all the three endpoints
and define a package for the mixing and switching properties specified in
the Local Control Descriptor.