Subject: Responses to Commands.

From: Shalini Philip <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:43:28 +0530

Hello all,
    In the mail sent by Tom Taylor on "Summary of Issues Raised On the
List", there was an item in the section on "Errors for which corrections
are stated" :

   D.1        Even in the case of handoff     In the last sentence of
              or failover, the originating          the first paragraph,

              MGC needs confirmation that   delete the excepting
              its command was received.       clause, so that the
                                                              sentence
reads:
                                                              "Responses
must be sent
                                                              to the
address and port
                                                              from which
the

corresponding commands
                                                              were
sent."

    I think we are right in saying that the response to handoff/failover
should be sent to the originator of the command. However we also need to
add the information of what to do about the responses to outstanding
commands when an MGC performs a handoff. They should be sent to the new
(to which handoff happened) MGC only. Thus IMO, the above sentence
should be changed to :

"Responses must be sent to the address and port from which the
corresponding commands were sent, except in the case of outstanding
commands after a handoff, where the responses must be sent to the new
MGC".

Regards,

Shalini Philip
Ficon Technology
E-Mail : mailto:[email-masked]
Web    : http://www.ficon-tech.com

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:18:27 -0500

Sounds like a good possibility.  Any further comments?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shalini Philip [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 9:13 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Responses to Commands.
>
> Hello all,