Subject: Digit Map clarification required

From: Chakravarthi PSK <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:22:41 +0530

Hi,

    I have one doubt regarding digits received while processing digitmap.
    If digits 0 and 1 are invalid at digit position 7, but digit 0 or 1 is
received at digit position 7, will MG forwards the invalid digit (0 or 1) in
the digit string to MGC?  If not, how MGC will know which invalid digit is
dialed.  This is required if MGC needs to takedifferent actions based on
invalid digit value.

Regards
Chak

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:39:29 -0500

This has been a point of discussion between me and Flemming Andreassen on
the list.  The current situation is this: the extra digit is held back and
the current dial string is reported, typically as a partial match.  The
extra digit is then processed against the next event descriptor to take
effect.  To get the extra digit back to the MGC, that descriptor can include
either another digit map or a request to report the raw digits as they come,
depending on requirements.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chakravarthi PSK [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 9:53 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Digit Map clarification required
>
>   Hi,
>