Subject: IPfax package comments re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-megaco-h248f- 00.txt

From: Jean-Francois Mule <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:09:46 -0700

1. Editorial comment on 10.4.1 Pages Transferred:
How does this relate to fax pages retransmitted?  are those included in
this counter?  if yes, a quick note in the text would be benefitial.

2.  Comments about the IPFax package (section 11 of the I-D):
- the i-d should clearly point to the reference where the session
attributes for t38 are defined (use the term "session attribute" or at
least "attribute" which is not used once in the text;  at least point to
IANA);
- an informative section with the possible value attributes allowed for
t38 fax in the descriptors would be appreciated
((a=<T38attribute>:<value>;  <value>  = value1 | value2);  the
informative example in 11.5.4. is somewhat eluding to it; could you give
the same info given to IANA to register those SDP names (name, type of
name, possible values, explanation)?
- if those definitions have been included in a t.38 annex (annex d for
e.g.), it is critical for implementers to have access to those defs.
Otherwise, the informative example is using attributes coming from
nowhere
>     a=T38FaxRateManagement:transferredTCF
>     a=T38UdpEC:t38UDPFEC

Jean-Francois
--------------------------------------------------------------
Jean-Francois Mule'
Clarent Corporation
T: +1 650 481-2835
[email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tom-PT Taylor [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 8:34 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-megaco-h248f-00.txt
>
>
> This note is to announce WG Last Call on H.248 Annex F, which
> deals with
> packages for FAX and text conversation.
>
> Tom Taylor
> Lead Standards Developer