Subject: mid clarification ?

From: Titty Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:03:57 +0530

Hi,

The megaco draft says

    mid can be either domainAddress / domainName / mtpAddress /
deviceName.

        domainAddress can be either IP v4 address / IPv6address

    And I think domainName is like this  -  [email-masked].  Am I correct?.

    Can anyone give examples for mtpAddress and deviceName?

Thanks in advance,

        Titty Thomas

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:35:32 +1000

G'Day,

An mtpAddress is an addressing concept from SS7 signalling networks for
the MTP part under ISUP. The format of the mtpAddress is given in the
encoding sections and consists of a pointcode and network indicator.

Cheers, Christian