Subject: Re: MG Service Change w.r.t. TCP as transport

From: Titty Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:54:42 +0530

Hi,

    see  the queries below,

Thanks

        Titty Thomas

"Rosen, Brian" wrote:

> > Q1: Is MG allowed to include ServiceChangeAddress parameter
> > in case of TCP
> > as a transport?
> Yes, but it would be pretty unusual.
>
> > Q2: If answer to Q1 is yes, then is MGC supposed to establish
> > connection
> > back to MG on
> >       the changed address?
> No, I think the MG would have to do that.
>

[TT] Consider the scenario where MG sends a service change request with
the service change address included.

       Q.1) In this case when will MGC start accepting the transaction
requests through the new TCP connection?.

       Q.2) Is it after MGC has sent replies for all transaction requests
(including the service change request) it has

                received through the old connection?.

        Q.3)  When will MG establish the new TCP connection with the
MGC.?  Is it after it has got the reply for the

                servicechange request it has sent?

        Q.4) If the answer to Q.2 is true, then what is the error
MGC should return if MG  sends a request

                before it has got a reply to servicechange request?

>
> >
> > If Q1 and Q2 hold, then MG needs to has to implement a TCP Server.  I
> > remember the discussion
> > along the line of MG implementing Server and MGC initiating
> > connection did
> > not reach any
> > conclusion.
> I don't think the MG needs a TCP server
>
> Brian
> >

---

From: Vikas Salota <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:11:26 +0530

Please see inline comments with VS.

> requests through the new TCP connection?.

VS> In case of a TCP connection, its the responsibility of MG to establish
connection on the new address. MGC simply waits for messages on the
established connections (as soon as they are established by MG) and responds
back on the same connection.

>                 received through the old connection?.

VS> See above comment.

>                 servicechange request it has sent?

VS> MG establishes a new TCP connection with MGC on the new address after
receiving a successful reply to the service changes request it sent. Moreover
its the responsibility of MG to close the previous TCP connection with MGC.

>                 before it has got a reply to servicechange request?

VS> Although its not usual for MG to send messages to MGC when its expecting
a new connection, Its not an error for MG to do so. MGC should reply to
messages received on the "old" TCP connection even after it had sent a
successful ServiceChange reply for a different address. For that matter
should continue to do so until the connection is closed by MG.