Subject: FW: Last Call On H.248 Annexes G Through K

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:32:09 -0500

Resend.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B901:EXCH]
> Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 8:58 AM
> To:   megaco
> Subject:      Last Call On H.248 Annexes G Through K
>
> I have submitted H.248 Annexes G through K as I-Ds.  I declare WG Last
> Call on them, effective as soon as they appear.  These are the "White
> Document" versions, which are the ones being submitted to ITU-T members
> for their equivalent of last call before decision in November.  Each
> document is named similarly to the following:
> draft-ietf-megaco-h248g-00.txt.
>
> I propose to take these through the full process so we can publish them as
> Proposed Standard RFCs.  Any Last Call comments will be fed back to SG 16
> for input to their decision meeting.
>
> I will be issuing Annex F shortly -- it just became available.
>
> Tom Taylor
> Lead Standards Developer
> Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961
> E-mail: [email-masked]
>

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:20:23 +1000

G'Day Tom,

I agree with taking these through the standards process.

I have a few comments to Annex K "Announcement Package" which we'll
probably be putting in also as a contribution to SG16 on but haven't had
the chance to specify text.

The main points:
o There probably should be some text in the procedures section stating
that a transaction reply  for a command thats affect the announcement
signal should be received by the MGC before it sends "additional data"
to the announcement. As nothing guarantees in sequence delivery of
transactions this is needed to ensure that the announcment played with
the right sequence of data.
o Some introductory text mentioning that "announcements" could be
realised by the MG as different sorts of messaging ie. text on a
display, audio announcement etc. This package is generic enough for it.
o Number of Cycles has value 0 added to it which means that the
announcement keeps repeating until explicitely stopped. There's
currently no capability for it.
o Announcement Completed Event is largely superflous as we now in the
core protocol have the capacity to say when a signal has been completed.
o Would like to add direction a as parameter to the signals
"x-announcement play".

Cheers, Christian