Subject: Configuration information of MG in MGC

From: Prakash R <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:58:17 -0400

This query is regarding the configuration information of MG which the
MGC is supposed to be aware.

1) What minimal configuration information should the MGC know about
   MG and vice-versa before they can start interworking?

2) Since the termination ID can be a string, how does one ensure
   that a MG and a MGC from different vendors agree upon the
   terminationIDs? (eg., If the MG calls terminations as tdm/1/1,
   tdm/2/23..etc, and the MGC from another vendor calls the as
   termA, termB... or uses simple integers, how will interwork?)

   Shouldn't a recommendation freeze the way terminationIDs are used?

Will there be some profile documents which will specify how to refer to
TDM terminations, RTP terminations etc?

--
Prakash R
Co-ordinating Engineer, Internet Telephony Group
===========================================================================
C-DOT (Centre for Development of Telematics)
71/1, Sneha Complex, Miller Road, Bangalore - 560052, India
Email:[email-masked], Phone:+91-80-2263399, Fax:+91-80-2263256
===========================================================================