Subject: Re: Auditing of ephemerals

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:14:06 -0400

You audit packages.  For example, if the MG implements RTP, then
it implements the RTP package.  Same with ATM.  You audit packages of
the whole gateway, of course.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Flemming Andreasen
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 7/25/00 6:20 PM
Subject: Auditing of ephemerals

Once upon a time, we had quite a lot of discussion about how to audit
ephemerals at startup time. We even had a suggestion in the Base Root
Package aimed specifically at solving this, however it was removed later
on and I can't remember if we ever came up with an alternative, hence my
question:

How does an MGC figure out what ephemerals an MG supports ?

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen                Phone: +1 732 452 1667
Cisco Systems                     Fax:   +1 240 359 5839

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 23:28:10 -0400

> the whole gateway, of course.

That doesn't sound particularly foolproof - who's to say I want to implement
*the* RTP package or *the* ATM package, etc. Nevertheless, it still leaves
me with a couple of questions:

1. How do I figure out the naming scheme used for these ephemeral
terminations, e.g. "rtp/{1,2,3,4}" ?
2. If I have more than one type of ephemeral termination supported, how do I
figure out which one support what packages (without instantiating one of
course).

-- Flemming

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:04:59 +1000

G'Day Flemming,

By auditing rtp/* and asking for a wildcard response it will give you
the packages and properties for that class of termination without the
need for instantiating each of the euphemeral terminations.

Naming schemes can be provisioned to a certain extent and then auditing
can give you the characteristics of named terminations.

Cheers, Christian