Subject: Re: reserveValue & reserveGroup Q

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 12:11:38 +1100

G'Dat Troy,

I believe that the ABNF should be fixed to remove the optionality. The
procedural text talks about true and false. It does not talk about when
"reserveGroup" or "reserveValue" is missing. If you have optional, true,
false you have a tri-state value.

So I propose to remove the optionality from the ABNF.

Cheers, Christian

Troy Cauble wrote:
> 
> These two items are not OPTIONAL in the ASN.1 spec.
> Should they be?  They seem to be optional in the text spec.
> 
> -troy

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 11:22:06 +0200

Hi,

The spec says that the DEFAULT value for these parameters is FALSE.
Doesn't this mean that this is the value that will be used if the
parameters are missing (which they may be if they are optional)?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 12:26:16 +1100

Yep, missed that. I didn't read down far enough. I'll make the change.

Christian