Subject: RE: Event = ALL and Package E.6

From: Dave Sclarsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:58:19 -0500

Christian,

I'm not sure what the 'desired behavior' is.  An MGC could send something
like events=1{dd/*{DigitMap{x}}}, which would avoid the error.

There is another problem with dd/*, which already makes it dangerous - using
it will cause the MG to send at LEAST 3, and up to 5 notifies for detected
digits!  This is because dd extends tonedet, which defines std, etd and ltd.
So, each digit (take '1' for example) is guaranteed to generate 3 notifies
(dd/std{tid=d1}, dd/etd{tid=d1} and dd/d1).  It could also generate
dd/ltd{tid=d1}.  With the digitmap I specified above, it would also generate
dd/ce{ds="1",meth=fm} for the first digit (which deactivates the digit map,
so subsequent digits get at most 4 notifies).

Given this, I guess it isn't so bad for just plain dd/* to return an error!

DaveS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Groves [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 9:56 PM
To: megaco ietf
Subject: Event = ALL and Package E.6

G'Day, 

It has been brought to my attention that the correction 6.38 in the
implementors' guide has a side effect on the use of wildcarding events
ie. event=dd/*.

With the current clarification in the H.248 Implementors' Guide 6.38
which states that a DM must be specified on the setting of DigitMap
completion event. That means if you specify event=dd/* (to get all the
digits) you will get back an error and it won't be executed because you
don't have a DM.

Is this the desired behaviour event for event=dd/*?

Cheers, Christian