Subject: RE: Are There any Packages proposed for invoking scripts at MG fr om MGC.

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:43:17 -0500

Scripts in general were left as a v2 issue.  The problem is that you
probably want a script to involve multiple terminations.  That puts it
beyond the reach of packages -- you need an extension of the base protocol.
If someone wants to put together a proposal, it can be discussed and worked
on on the list and at SG 16.

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhu Babu Brahmanapally [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 11:43 AM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B881:EXCH]
Cc: megaco
Subject: Are There any Packages proposed for invoking scripts at MG from
MGC.

Hi Tom,
Are there any packages proposed, for invoking scripts at MG from MGC? Do we
have a way to support the IN Capabilities.
 
best regards
Madhubabu

---

From: CHATRAS Bruno FTRD/DAC/ISS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:50:57 +0200

The answer to that question probably depends on the meaning of "scripts". In
the context of IN Capabilities, a script is a set of predefined elementary
instructions which can be invoked using a single command (INAP CS2 feature)
by IN Service Logic Programs. The script logic is known by the Intelligent
Peripheral. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

With an MGC/MG architecture, the INAP interface will sit above the MGC. The
MGC/MG can either be used to decompose of a stand alone Intelligent
Peripheral or a Service Switching Point that includes an internal SRF. In
both cases, two kinds of solutions can be envisioned to support the script
capability :

   i) The script logic is known by the MGC, in which case there is no need
for any significant H.248 evolution, beyond a few enhancements to Annex M.

    ii) The script logic is known by the MG. 

If the script logic is in the MG, the script invocation may require an
extension of the base protocol. Alternatively, scripts could be defined as
signals of a new package, although I see this a as violation of the original
notion of signals. However, this notion has already been violated by a
number of packages ... so I don't know what to think about this... In the
absence of genuine script invocation capability, a script that involves
multiple terminations can probably be handled using the signal direction
parameter, although I also consider this as a violation of the original
notion of signals...

It is also important to note that the second option (script logic in the MG)
is of limited interest if the scripts are service specific. I strongly think
that service-independent scripts need to be defined if this option is
implemented. However, IN Recommendations do not place any constraint on the
scripts characteristics.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Tom-PT Taylor [mailto:[email-masked]]
Envoyé : mardi 27 mars 2001 18:43
À : 'Madhu Babu Brahmanapally'
Cc : megaco
Objet : RE: Are There any Packages proposed for invoking scripts at MG fr om
MGC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhu Babu Brahmanapally [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 11:43 AM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B881:EXCH]
Cc: megaco
Subject: Are There any Packages proposed for invoking scripts at MG from
MGC.

Hi Tom,
 
best regards
Madhubabu