Subject: AuditCapability for an octetString parameter

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:59:48 -0500

How does one return the possible values for an octetString valued
parameter in reply to AuditCapability?  For example, in the nas package
there is a session identifier property nas/sessid whose type is "octet
string suitable for use as the value of the RADIUS attribute
Acct-Session-Id ..."  RADIUS defines this as a string that "should"
contain UTF-8 characters and has no maximum length.  If the MG receives
AuditCapability = <some nas termination> {Audit { Media}}
Then it must return the possible values for nas/sessid along with other
properties.  How does one express this range of values.
nas/sessid > ""  ??

It is not even clear that an octetString typed property can be set in
text-encoding where it must be a VALUE which consists of a sequence of
SafeChar or a quotedString which contains only SafeChar, RestChar or
WSP.  Some octet values do not occur in either SafeChar or RestChar,
e.g., %x07 or all those > %x7F.  VALUE can only contains the "printable
ASCII" values.

Am I missing something or were properties never intended to hold
octetStrings.

--
------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Pager:800.759.8352 pin 1704572   [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies/ Voice Over IP Access Networks/ Applications Grp
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla