Subject: Context Id in Service Change

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:34:26 +0200

Hi List,

Which Context should the MG use when generating Service Change Command?

Revital Malka
Voice Over IP
E.C.I NGTS
Tel: 03-9287516
Fax: 03-9287010

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:07:52 +0300

Hi Revital,

An MG can use any Context, depending on what is the purpose of the
Service Change command.

For example, if the MG sends ServiceChange to "register" itself to the
MGC, the NULL Context will be used, but if the ServiceChange is sent to
indicate that terminations have been taken out or service (or put back
in service) you can use an ANY-wilcarded ContextId value or a specific
ContextId value.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland