Subject: Adding Streams

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:02:42 -0500

Suppose you create a context and add two terminations to it with
StreamId=1.  Then you add a third termination and specify
a media descriptor with StreamId=2.

Is the third termination connected to the other two on StreamId=1?

Are the first two terminations connected to the third on StreamId=2?

I think the answer is yes to both questions.

Brian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 12:48:58 +1100

The answer is ABSOLUTELY NO to both questions !!!!!!

Stream IDs relate the different streams on terminations.

Extend this a little:
T1 and T2 have streams 1 & 2. Add T3 with stream 3. Should stream 3 be
connected to 1 or 2? The MG can't possibly know. If you send down 1 or 2
it is completely unambiguous. The very reason we had stream IDs was for
this relation.

Christian