Subject: Re: [Megaco] Wildcard in ContextId

From: "Sean Leahy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:16:16 +0100

One concern about the interpretation of a wildcarded Context Id translating to
information (terminations) in all non-null contexts is the following:

There is a requirement to be able to audit to discover what context a known
termination is in, after the MGC loses this information.

i.e. An audit request with Context Id=* and Termination Id=KnownTerm Id.

It is expected that the response will be the context the MG knows the
termination to be in, however in a lot of cases this would be the null context
and this should be reported (indeed what else could be returned ?).

Does this contradict some of the proposals for handling Context Id=*, Term Id=*
or is it acceptable that the Contex tId=* is treated inconsistently depending on
whether Term Id=* or Term Id=KnownTerm Id ?

Sean Leahy

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "VYACHESLAV LVIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:29:51 -0400

Sean,
I hope future version will have ANY ContextId to resolve situation you've described.
As of now you can send something like:
T=1 {
    C= - {O-AV=T1/1 {AT{..}}},
    C= * {O-AV=T1/1 {AT{..}}}
}
Reply will indicate what context termination is in including Null context.

Regards,
Vyacheslav Lvin

---

From: Ian Leighton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:14:47 -0400

Hi Sean

Some comments below <il>.

Regards
Ian

> whether Term Id=* or Term Id=KnownTerm Id ?

<il>I'm not sure if I understand the inconsistency.

If ContextId=*, TermId =specific and the contexts don't match then error 435
"TerminationId Not In Specified ContextId." could be returned. For example

P=1 {
    C= * {AV=T1/1 {ER = 435 {"TerminationId Not In Specified ContextId."}}}
}

If ContextId=*, TermId = * and all terms are in the NULL context  then the
same error can be returned. For example.

P=1 {
    C= * {AV=* {ER = 435 {"TerminationId Not In Specified ContextId."}}}
}

If ContextId=*, TermId = * and some terms are in active context's  then the
terminations that are returned will indicate the contexts that thay are part of.
The
terminations not returned are in the NULL context or as Vyacheslav has suggested
the NULL context could be used in another transaction/action.