Subject: [Megaco] EventBuffering and DigitMap completion event

From: Safa Mohammad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:16:22 -0700

I need help to clarify this situation:

   1) MGC sends EventBufferControl equals LockStep to MG.
   2) MGC sends EventsBufferDesciptor asking the MG to buffer flash hook

   event and digit map completion event (with digitmap parameter equal
   "22**")

   3) MG detects flash event. The event is buffered
   4) MG detects dtmf event "2".

   According to the protocol this event should be ignored, because
   there is no active digitmap on the MG, so the digit map procedure
   explained in 7.1.14.5 will not take place.

   What is the expected behavior ?

   Thanks,

 Safa

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:03:50 -0400

>    event and digit map completion event (with digitmap parameter equal
You don't set the parameter, it is in ObservedEventDescriptor.
>    3) MG detects flash event. The event is buffered
No, the event might be Notified, IFF the EventDescriptor had the
flash event set.  It isn't buffered because the EventBuffer is empty.

>    What is the expected behavior ?
Since the DigitMapDescriptor was not loaded, the event is ignored.  
If etd or std was in the EventDescriptor, it also would be ignored,
because you Notified the flash event, and didn't get a reload of
EventDescriptor.  There is one outstanding Notify, and that means
events are processed against the EventBufferDescriptor into the
EventBuffer.

If you had loaded DigitMapDescriptor, then there would be an
active DigitMap and it would have processed it. 

Brian