Subject: [Megaco] Purpose Of Implementors Guide Section 11

From: Ian Leighton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 16:44:53 -0400

Hi

Could someone please explain to me the purpose of section 11
(Implementation Clarifications For H.248) of the Implementors
Guide. This section does not reference H.248 wrt
adds/changes/deletes.

Will the clarifications be added to H.248v2?

It seems to me that if a clarifcations are warranted in the IG
they should become part of H.248v2 and therefore
should reference the actual H.248 text.

Regards
Ian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:12:11 -0400

As I was told by the previous editor, clarifications are considered
non-normative and do not cause a change in agreed text of H.248, but
rather capture group consensus on good practice.  I would imagine that
the editor of v2 would consider such items when making improvements but
they do not become normative when included in the IG.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla