Subject: [Megaco] Megaco As MIDCOM Protocol

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:04:25 -0400

MIDCOM is still at the requirements stage, but we thought we would get
discussion going on the use of Megaco as the protocol vehicle for carrying
control messaging from MIDCOM Agents to Middleboxes.  The basic idea is just
to use the Megaco protocol shell -- the information carried defines flow
filters and actions to be taken on flows matching them, rather than
manipulating individual flows directly.  Hence the properties defined in the
proposed MIDCOM packages are all carried in TerminationState, and no Media
descriptor is used.

Two drafts have been submitted to the IETF:
  -- draft-sct-midcom-megaco-00.txt is an applicability statement,
describing how Megaco fits the current MIDCOM requirement set
  -- draft-sct-midcom-megaco-pkg-00.txt defines packages needed to let
Megaco do the job

Until they are available at the IETF site, they may be obtained at
www.obsidian97.com/draft-sct-midcom-megaco-00.txt 
and
www.obsidian97.com/draft-sct-midcom-megaco-pkg-00.txt

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco