Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

From: "kris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:31:12 +0530

hi all,

could anyone tell me where i can find implementor's guide for megaco.

regards
kris

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:51:43 -0400

I set the suffix to give the date of approval.  In other words, this is the
version approved at last June's meeting, which may otherwise be thought of
as v2.  These things don't come as deltas -- they're cumulative, so the 0106
version supersedes the 0011 version.

I still have to put together a merged document showing ImpGuidev2 applied to
H.248.

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Cauble [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 12:05 PM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B881:EXCH]
Cc: megaco
Subject: Re: [Megaco] (no subject)

> 
> It's available on the Megaco FTP site at
>
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/Approved/H248_ImpGuide_0106_M
SW.zip
> or
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/Approved/H248_ImpGuide_0106.p
df

Ug, I've lost track.

Is ImpGuide_0106 the combination of the November ImpGuide, "v7",
and the Additions to the Imp Guide "v2" ?

-troy

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:54:40 -0400

The answer to question 1 is that if a termination goes out of service, the
MG sends a
ServiceChange.  So if "on/off detection" is the same as "out of service",
then
you do "round the clock on/off detection for all its terminations".
 
The answer to question 2 is that you Audit the MG.  AuditCapabilities tells
you what
capabilities the MG has, AuditValues tells you the current state.  You can
think of
AuditCapabilities as "what are the possible values" and AuditValue as "what
is the
current value".  Obviously, the current value would be one of the possible
values.
 
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: krishna n [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 5:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

hi all,
 
i want to have some clarifications regarding the following.
 
1. Is it necessary for an mg to perform a round the clock on/off detection
for all its terminations as it is done in a pstn or is it done only when it
is notified by the mgc(for the first time).
 
2. If an handoff occurs from one mgc to the other , how does the new mgc
know the details of all the terminations pertaining to a particular MG which
was under the control of the older MGC(previous).

regards
kris

  _____  

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
<http://explorer.msn.com>