Subject: [Megaco] call control during auditing the MG for failure

From: Susumu YAMAMOTO <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 11:14:24 +0900

Hi all,

I have a question about an implementation problem of the MGCs.

According to RFC3015, when a MGC receives a ServiceChange message
with disconnected method, the MGC should audit value of all the
terminations of the MG to synchronize the status of the terminations
of the both MGC and MG.

This is a question whether the MGC should continue operating new call
setup during auditing the MG or not in the case of detecting a failure
like disconnected method.

I suppose that the answer is no.

I think that the MGC should stop operating any call setup during auditing.
If not, it takes a much long time to synchronize the status of the both MG
and MGC.

All call control should be suspended during auditing in the case of failure.
Is it right?

Similarly MG had better stop accepting new transactions when ready to
send disconnected message, I think.

Please give me comments.

Thanks,

Susumu

-*-*-*
SUSUMU YAMAMOTO, NTT Corporation

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 23:21:37 -0400

This depends on your implementation philosophy.  Certainly it is an old
principle that when resources are scarce calls already in the system should
take priority over new calls.  Your auditing focus should be on identifying
those existing calls, hence you should start by identifying the active
contexts and the terminations in them.  Then you must audit the terminations
themselves, particularly to see what events are outstanding and what signals
are in progress. Once these priority tasks are completed, it becomes
possible to consider accepting new calls while lower-priority audit tasks
continue in the background.

-----Original Message-----
From: Susumu YAMAMOTO [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 10:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] call control during auditing the MG for failure

Hi all,

Please give me comments.

Thanks,

Susumu

-*-*-*