Subject: [Megaco] Usage Of ContextId Wildcard

From: "Andrew Russell-laing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:56:18 +0100

Hi,

In section 7.2.5 of RFC3015 it states that  ContextID  ALL does not include the
null context.

When using an AuditValue command with  ContextID = ALL and TerminationID =
specific, we could have
the result that the specific termination is present in the NULL context.

Can anyone confirm that the correct MG response for this case is to return a
transaction that specifies the NULL
contextID with an AuditValue reply containing an errorDescriptor with ErrorCode
= 435 (TerminationID is not in
specified Context).

It could be argued that this is not a true error situation and that the
transaction response should specify the NULL
context with an an "empty" AuditValue reply.

Any comments.

Thanks

Andrew Russell-Laing
Marconi

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Chuong N. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:28:25 -0500

I would like to know too and have been asking too.

If Null is returned then I want to know if t1/1/1 is already in a context what
should be
returned for the following - the contextId that termination is already in.
C=${Add=t1/1/1.....

There were a lot of discussions on this and I think the outcome is NO since Annex
L
specifies the following

Error Code # : 433 Name: TerminationID is already in a Context
Definition: A TerminationID specified in an Add command already exists within an
active context and therefore the command is disregarded.
Package: -
Reference: -
Error Text in the error Descriptor: The TerminationID is included in the error
text in the error descriptor. The contextID, of the context in which the
termination is located, is returned.

But if someone wants to consider it as not a true error situation, then why
shouldn't MG also returns
AuditItem too instead of Null context?

Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****