Subject: [Megaco] Question regarding event buffering.

From: Safa Mohammad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:10:43 -0700

Hello,

I have the following question.  regarding event buffering.

Scenario 1:
1) MGC sends an event buffer descriptor asking the MG to buffer on hook,
and off hook events
2) MGC sends EventBufferControl equals LockStep to MG.
3) MG detects On Hook. The events is buffered
4) MGC sends event descriptor containing On Hook to the MG.
5) MG finds this event in the events buffer, so it does send a notify
command to the MGC.
6) MGC send the following event and digitmap descriptor to the MG:
    Events=501{ dd/ce{DigitMap=DialPlan0} },
    DigitMap=DialPlan0{(2xxx|x.T|#x)}
7) After receiving these descriptors the  MG detects an event that
matches a digit map symbol . But it is not asked to buffer it.
    This event is ignored. Even the server asked as to recognize this
event.

Is it the expected behavior or I miss understood the protocol.

Scenario 2:
1) MGC sends an event buffer descriptor asking the MG to buffer on hook,
off hook events and  { dd/ce{DigitMap=DialPlan0} }.
     In the same message the MGC send a digit map descriptor :
DigitMap=DialPlan0{(2xxx|x.T|#x)}
2) MGC sends EventBufferControl equals LockStep to MG.
3) MG detects On Hook. The events is buffered
4) MGC sends event descriptor containing On Hook to the MG.
5) MG finds this event in the events buffer, so it does send a notify
command to the MGC.
6) MGC sends a new event descriptor containing  {
dd/ce{DigitMap=DialPlan0} }.
7) MG detects an event that matches a digit map symbol . It does buffer
this event. And wait to get a new events descriptor.
8) The user type the hole phone number, but get no reaction from the MG,

     because the MG buffer all this event s and is waiting for the new
events descriptor.

Is it the expected behavior or I miss understood the protocol.

Thanks,

Safa

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco