Subject: [Megaco] Re: Wildcarded Context Ids.

From: "Sean Leahy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:19:50 +0100

Further to Andrew's question:

Please can we have a ruling on the following:

Can it be guaranteed that if Error Code 433 is returned, the Context Id in which
the Termination already exists will always be returned as part (or all) of the
text in the Error Descriptor as described in Annex L ?

Or is it still optional to return Error Code 433 with an empty error descriptor
?

Sean Leahy

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Chuong N. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:58:29 -0500

Even if ContextId is returned in the Error descriptor, I am not sure how one would
always be able
to extract the ContextId correctly from evey MG implementations since the Error
String can be
formatted/written in any format.

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:07:27 +1000

Hello Chuong,

I believe that there is guidence on how to encode this information.
See: Annex L.4.1 "Parameters included in the error text shall be coded
according to the principles as specified in Annex A or B. If more than
one parameter is included they shall be included in the order defined in
this annex and separated by a comma."

The rest of L.4.2 specifies what is to be included for a particular
error.

So I don't it correct in saying that the information can be in any
format.

Regards, Christian

"Chuong N. Nguyen" wrote:
> 
> 
> Even if ContextId is returned in the Error descriptor, I am not sure
> how one would always be able
> to extract the ContextId correctly from evey MG implementations since
> the Error String can be