Subject: [Megaco] Re: Wildcarded Context Ids.

From: "Andrew Russell-laing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:53:38 +0100

Brian,

Further to the discussion on what contextID is returned in an auditReply when
error 435 is encountered, I agree
with the solution.

I would like to extend the question to another scenario on dealing with
contextIds in responses, as follows :-

A transaction request containing an Action with a CHOOSE contextID  and a
specific Fixed Termination in an ADD command.

In the situation where that Fixed Termination already resides in an active
Context we would expect to get back
an errorDescriptor at the "deepest level" (ie. against the command), with
errorcode 435.

What value goes in the ContextID field of the Action in the TransactionReply.

I would expect the CHOOSE or possibly NULL to be returned, with the ContextID
where the fixed termination resides being reported in the text string of the
errordescriptor.

Section 8.2.2 of RFC3015 para 3 implies that the ContextID field of the Action
must be "specific" or "null", (ie. not
CHOOSE).

Any comments ?

Thanks

Andrew Russell-Laing
Marconi

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:30:49 -0400

A transaction request containing an Action with a CHOOSE contextID  and
   a specific Fixed Termination in an ADD command.

   In the situation where that Fixed Termination already resides in an
   active Context we would expect to get back
   an errorDescriptor at the "deepest level" (ie. against the command),
   with errorcode 435.

   What value goes in the ContextID field of the Action in the
   TransactionReply.

   I would expect the CHOOSE or possibly NULL to be returned, with the
   ContextID where the fixed termination resides being reported in the text
   string of the errordescriptor.

   Section 8.2.2 of RFC3015 para 3 implies that the ContextID field of the
   Action must be "specific" or "null", (ie. not
   CHOOSE).

   I'd like the answer to be "contextId the termination is already in".
   That doesn't seem to be what you
   would expect based on what we have been saying with ALL.  So, despite
   8.2.2, I think you probably
   do get "CHOOSE" in the error reply.  Probably need an IG note when we
   decide.  If we decide you
   get choose, then the wording in 8.2.2 has to be modified.

   Brian

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:05:43 +0530

Hi Brian

I think the same question was discussed earlier also. And it was decided to have
context Id = Choose in the reply. But at that time someone had a doubt that, how
would you handle the same thing if you have two add commands in the action, and
first add command was processed successfully, but the second add command failed.
I that case what would be the context Id in the reply.

Regards
Vivek

[email-masked] on 09/15/2001 12:00:49 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:   [email-masked] (bcc: Vivek Bansal/HSS)

Subject:  [Megaco] RE: Wildcarded Context Ids.

   Brian