Subject: RE: [Megaco] Auditing the active Contexts

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:45:53 -0400

Yes but that takes a change in the base syntax.
 
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuong N. Nguyen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 10:57 AM
To: 'Megaco_IETF (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Auditing the active Contexts

From Standard 
   +-----------+---------------+--------------------------------------+ 
   | All       | Root          | List of all ContextIds               | 
   +-----------+---------------+--------------------------------------+ 

I prefer a more compact reply. 

P=4{C=*{AV=ROOT{contextlist{.....}}} 

We already have the precedent of the following: 

   auditReply           = (AuditValueToken / AuditCapToken ) 
                          ( contextTerminationAudit  / auditOther) 

   contextTerminationAudit = EQUAL CtxToken ( terminationIDList / 
                          LBRKT errorDescriptor RBRKT ) 

   terminationIDList    = LBRKT TerminationID *(COMMA TerminationID) 
   RBRKT 

So Dan from your earlier email, the Reply example #3 could have been 

P=4{C=*{AV=C{t1,t2,t3,...}}} 

This is also based on Section 7.2.5 

Specifying an empty Audit Descriptor results in 
   only the TerminationID being returned.  This may be useful to get a 
   list of TerminationIDs when used with wildcard.  Annexes A and B 
   provide a special syntax for presenting such a list in condensed 
   form, such that the AuditValue command tag does not have to be 
   repeated for each TerminationID. 

The only thing that bugs me is that most MG implementators do not seem to
get the above 
and keep wanting to return a Reply like Dan's example #3. 

If this is true, either we need some clarification in IG or remove the
contextTerminationAudit 
syntax. 

Chuong 

Nurit Shenhar wrote: 

Hi Dan 

Our implementation of the all/root is: 

MEGACO/1 [10.2.229.18]:2944 
P=4{ 
C=1{ 
AV=ROOT}, 
C=2{ 
AV=ROOT}} 

I know that ROOT is considered to be in the NULL context, but it also 
represents the whole gateway. And besides, when somebody sends this command,

he shouldn't care what the termination is. He should only check the context 
number. 

Nurit 

Dan's email 
>     > 
>     > 3) Action Request: 
>     >       Context = * {AuditValue = ROOT {Audit{}}} 
>     >    Action Replies: 
>     >       Context = 1 {AuditValue = Line/1, 
>     >                    AuditValue = RTP/1}, 
>     >       Context = 2 {AuditValue = Line/2, 
>     >                    AuditValue = RTP/2} 
>     > 
 <http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco>   

 <http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco>  

-- 

  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]

  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613

  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****

---

From: Dan Linton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 13:37:10 -0400

Hi,

This is actually a response to Chuong's email. See comments
below.

"Rosen, Brian" wrote:

> Yes but that takes a change in the base syntax.Brian
>
>      The only thing that bugs me is that most MG implementators do not seem to get the above

Our interpretation of the above is that it is optional and that it is
reference to the TerminationID being wildcarded. Furthermore, our
assumption (see other thread) has been that ROOT is not a
wildcarded TerminationID. If the above statement from the spec
is not optional, I'm all for making it optional.

>      If this is true, either we need some clarification in IG or remove the
At least it should be optional.

Dan

---

From: "Chuong N. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 13:23:47 -0500

> wildcarded TerminationID. If the above statement from the spec

<cnn>  The ABNF indicated that this special syntax is optional.

              Does this mean that MGC has to be prepared to receive 2
different syntax reply
              for the same info?

              Or how can MGC tell MG that it wants the Reply the long
way - multiple AV commands
             instead of the short way - 1 AV command w/a
terminationIdList.