Subject: [Megaco] EventsDescriptor and EventsBufferDescriptor

From: Safa Mohammad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:35:15 -0700

Hi,

Can somebody help with this scenario:

1) MGC sends EventsDescriptor asking to listen to off hook event
2) MGC sends EventsBufferDescriptor asking to buffer off hook and on
hook events
3) MGC sends EventBufferControl equals LockStep to MG.
4) MG detects off hook.

Now what the MG is supposed to do (to buffer the event or to send a
notify immediately to the MGC) ?

Thanks,
Safa

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:16:11 -0400

> notify immediately to the MGC) ?

Assuming nothing in your event buffer to start with, you would send
a notify (*then* start buffering).

Rereading the doc, I found section 7.1.10 misleading.  Perhaps you
did too:

	"The EventBuffer Descriptor contains a list of events, with
	 their parameters if any, that the MG is requested to detect
	 and buffer when EventBufferControl equals LockStep (see 7.1.9)."

"EventBufferControl equals LockStep" is not all that is required.

You need to buffer an event if "Lockstep" AND (things in the buffer
OR waiting for a new EventsDescriptor because of a Notify).  This is
covered in 7.1.9.

Do we need to change 7.1.10??

-troy

---

From: Safa Mohammad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:46:32 -0700

> Do we need to change 7.1.10??

I agree with you. Section 7.1.10 is not giving the complete explanation.
I think it will be nice if you can change this section.

-Safa