Subject: [Megaco] Protocol Version Negotiation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:39:06 +0530

Hi,
      Rfc3015 section 11.3 states that :

   "The first ServiceChange command from an MG shall contain the version number
of the protocol supported by the MG in the ServiceChangeVersion parameter. Upon
receiving such a message, if the MGC supports only a lower version, then the MGC
shall send a ServiceChangeReply with the lower version and thereafter all the
messages between MG and MGC shall conform to the lower version of the protocol.
If the MG is unable to comply and it has established a transport connection to
the MGC, it should close that connection."

     I have a doubt regarding the behaviour of MGC if MGC supports only a lower
version which is not supported by MG. How does MGC know that MG is unable to
comply with the lower version sent in the service change reply ?

Please clarify.

regards
Rakhi

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:41:34 -0400

It knows there's a version mismatch because it never hears from the MG
again.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 8:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Protocol Version Negotiation

Hi,

   "The first ServiceChange command from an MG shall contain the version
number
of the protocol supported by the MG in the ServiceChangeVersion parameter.
Upon
receiving such a message, if the MGC supports only a lower version, then the
MGC
shall send a ServiceChangeReply with the lower version and thereafter all
the
messages between MG and MGC shall conform to the lower version of the
protocol.
If the MG is unable to comply and it has established a transport connection
to
the MGC, it should close that connection."

     I have a doubt regarding the behaviour of MGC if MGC supports only a
lower
version which is not supported by MG. How does MGC know that MG is unable to
comply with the lower version sent in the service change reply ?

Please clarify.

regards
Rakhi