Subject: [Megaco] ServiceChange on Root termination

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:08:11 +0200

There seem to be some restrictions on valid combinations of ServiceChange
parameters, but I don't see it spelled out systematically.  For example, I
am interested in what methods are valid for a ServiceChange on Root sent
from MGC to MG.  Can the MGC send Restart, Graceful or Forced method for the
Root termination?  If so, what do they mean for individual terminations?

Raphael Tryster

---

From: Rajesh N <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:09:12 +0530

Hi Raphael,

ServiceChange Request/Command generated by MGC can have one of the 
following methods.

a) Handoff - on ROOT meaning the current active MGC wishes to redirect the 
MG to another MGC.
b) Forced on specific termination, meaning MGC wishes that the 
termination's servicestate be changed from Inservice to OutOfService
c) Restart on specific termination, meaning MGC wishes to bring the 
termination back to service.

But not sure what happens if MGC sends a Service Change with
i)   Forced method on ROOT
ii)  Restart on ROOT
iii) Graceful on ROOT (or) Graceful on specfic termination.

Thanks

At 06:08 PM 2/4/02 +0200, Raphael Tryster wrote:

>from MGC to MG.  Can the MGC send Restart, Graceful or Forced method for 
>the Root termination?  If so, what do they mean for individual terminations?
>
>Raphael Tryster

Regards,
Rajesh N

---

From: Rajesh N <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:09:12 +0530

Hi Raphael,

Thanks

Regards,
Rajesh N