Subject: [Megaco] Megaco List Administration Policy

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 06:25:26 -0500

I thought I would give a brief explanation of my list administration rules,
so people know what is going on if they lose their subscription to the list.
In theory, you all have access to an user interface to manage your own
subscription, but I know I've had complaints in the past that passwords
don't work.  As a last resort, send a message to [email-masked] and I
can straighten things out.

Anyway, people's accounts get disabled in two ways.  First off, I have set
up some bounce rules in mailman, and some accounts are automatically
disabled this way.  If this happens, I keep the account for two weeks in
case someone checks back to see what happened, then delete it.  In truth,
people very rarely ask me to reestablish their account.

For whatever reason, a sizable number of bounces reach me each day rather
than being processed by mailman.  My general rule is that an account that is
unreachable for three days in a row gets deleted.  I retain a record of the
bounces for a week in case someone checks to see what happened.  That has
happened once or twice.  I exercise discretion in my deletions: overflowing
mailboxes get up to a month, in case the person concerned is on vacation,
and some addresses show up regularly but not consistently, so I figure
they're just hard to reach.

Hope this information is useful.

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco