Subject: [Megaco] Incoming ring

From: "Marcu, Matia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:00:57 +0200

Hi all,
Please help me clarify a few points concerning incoming ring.

1. Concerning E.9.3 (Analog Line Supervision Package - Signals) ring cadence
parameter. Let's assume that an MGC - for application reasons - is required
to support the following two ring patterns:
a) 1s on, 3s off
b) 0.5s on, 0.5s off
    0.5s on, 0.5s off
    0.5s on, 2.5s off 

This MGC is expected to transmit the second pattern as "500, 500, 500, 500,
500, 2500".

According to the cadence description text 
"list of integers representing durations of alternating on and off segments,
constituting a complete ringing cycle starting with an on",
this MGC should send the first pattern using the minimal encoding - "1000,
3000".

Will it always do so or are there MGCs which use an encoding "aligned" with
the most complicated pattern they have to send - which would be "1000, 3000,
1000, 3000, 1000, 3000"? Or is there no rule at all?

I know that an MG - as the good obedient slave it's supposed to be -
shouldn't make any assumptions concerning MGC behavior. I'd just like to
know whether there is a forum consensus concerning this point, since it
would save some work in our particular implementation.

2. What is the status of the draft-boyle-megaco-alerting-02 "Enhanced
Alerting Packages for Megaco/H.248" (its expiration time is January 2002)?

Thank you,

Matia Marcu
System Engineer
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco