Subject: [Megaco] Event Descriptor and Event Buffer descriptor

From: "Zhang, Yuyong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:38:53 -0800

G'Day Tom and List,

Some clarification needed for the event processing as the following:

If the EventBufferControl is on, detected events will be either queued in
the event buffer 
if it is specified in the EventBufferDescriptor, or discarded if it is not
specified in
the EventBufferDescriptor regardless the active Event Descriptor. 

[Question]
    What if the EventBufferDescriptor is not set for a termination, but the
EventBufferControl
    is set as "on", how to process the detected events?

The queued events will be processed when a new EventDescriptor is activated.
If the queued event is specified in the new EventDescriptor, it is notified
to MGC, otherwise it discarded.

[Question]
    Does the notify contains all the queued events which are specified in
the Descriptor? If it 
    is true, that means after sending out a Notify, the event buffer should
be empty.

[question]
    If the EventBuffer Control is OFF, and there is no activated
EventDescriptor yet, how to 
    process the detected events, queue them or not? If it is not, is it true
that if
    EventBufferControl is OFF, then there will be absolutely no event
buffering.

Regards,

Yuyong

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:53:10 -0500

Answers below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhang, Yuyong [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 11:39 PM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:B800:EXCH]
Cc: Megaco
Subject: Event Descriptor and Event Buffer descriptor

G'Day Tom and List,

[Question]

[PTT] Assuming no default events have been configured in the
EventBufferDescriptor by provisioning, none are recognized and all are
discarded when they are detected.

[Question]

[PTT] The processing logic is described in section 7.1.9 "Case 1" step 2.
Only one event is notified.

[question]

[PTT] Assuming no default events have been configured in the
EventBufferDescriptor by provisioning, none are recognized and all are
discarded when they are detected. 

Regards,

Yuyong

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:53:10 -0500

Answers below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhang, Yuyong [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 11:39 PM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:B800:EXCH]
Cc: Megaco
Subject: Event Descriptor and Event Buffer descriptor

G'Day Tom and List,

[Question]

[Question]

[question]

Regards,

Yuyong