Subject: RE: [Megaco] Re: drft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-00.txt

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:29:45 -0500

The respondent must execute the transaction before responding.  However,
"execute" is defined to cover only what can be done immediately.
Specifically, executing an Events descriptor means activating event
detection, not actually detecting an event (which could happen hours later
in some cases).  Similarly, executing a Signals descriptor means starting
signals, not completing them.

-----Original Message-----
From: YH [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 4:58 AM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:B800:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Re: drft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-00.txt

Thanks Tom for the information.

My another question:

In the three-way handshake, for example,  an MG receives an add request
from an MGC, then the MG sends a response message to the MGC, which one
of the following scenarios is correct?

1. MG receives the message then responds the MGC immediately to confirm
that the message has been received.

2. MG receives the message, then it implements the command, if it is
succeed, it responds with a success message, otherwise, it responds a
failure message.

I am sorry I did not find the detailed response message formats in 3015
and the draft.

PS: Are there any commercial products (or open source) of Megaco and
MGCP available? Please send the information directly to my email
address.

Thank you.

Tom-PT Taylor wrote:

>
>
> We work together closely with ITU-T Study Group 16.  All going well,
> they will approve H.248v2 in the coming two weeks.  There will
> undoubtedly be changes from what I recorded in
> draft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-00.txt, so I'll up-version that document.
> Then we'll put it through Last Call so we can turn it into an RFC
> obsoleting RFC 3015.
>

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco