Subject: [Megaco] Auditing a signals descriptor

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:29:00 +0200

Does the value of a signals descriptor change over time as the signals are
played by the MG?  The practical significance is that when an MG receives an
AuditValue command asking for the signals descriptor, should it return the
last value of the signals descriptor as sent by the MGC, or the set of
currently playing and future signals, which may be empty if all the signals
have completed?

If this is still an open question, I would vote for the latter alternative,
because:

Perhaps this is related to the case of auditing a descriptor that had over-
or under-specified parameters.  I expect that in this case the MG would
return just the values it has chosen, and not the entire original
descriptor.

Raphael Tryster

---

From: "Kevin Boyle"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:48:35 -0500

This has been discussed in the past, and the latter alternative (that is,
the current value of the descriptor) was agreed to be the proper response,
if my memory serves.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 8:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Auditing a signals descriptor

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:48:35 -0500

Kevin