Subject: [Megaco] How MGC to Put a Trunk Group out of Service Gracefully?

From: "Zhang, Yuyong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:26:33 -0800

Hi Folks,

I have a question about how a MGC to put a Trunk Group out Service
Gracefully.

There are two options I see as the following:

Context = - {
                  ServiceChange = TG1/* {
                        ServiceMethod = Gracefully}
               }

Context = * {
                  ServiceChange = TG1/* {
                        ServiceMethod = Gracefully}
               }  

Since it is the graceful, that means MGC want to put the trunk out of
service as soon as all the contexts are cleared on this Trunk Group.

My question is that some of the CICs in the Trunk gourp has an active
context, some of them doesn't. Therefore the first option above doesn't take
care of those who have active contexts, the second option doesn't take care
of those who doesn't have active context. 

What is the solution here? Oh this kind of graceful blocking a trunk group
is not supported in MEGACO.

Please give your comments.

Regards,

Yuyong

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco