Subject: [Megaco] RE: how can I understand DigitString syntax

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:53:01 -0500

Hi.

-----Original Message-----
From: toni.yang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 7:18 AM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:B800:EXCH]
Subject: how can I understand DigitString syntax

hi,Tom PT Taylor!
While researching DigitMap syntax, I come up against some questions. Can you
give me hand?!
1)As a DigitString's possible value range from 'A' to 'K', as we know '0~'9'

A'~'F' are DTMF signal which represent frequence. 
When will 'G'~'K' take place?

[PTT] Whenever someone applies digit maps to a signalling system with more
than 16 signals.  I don't know of such a system, but I'm really only
familiar with North American signalling.

2)this is the example shown in H.248 
0                              Local operator
00                            Long-distance operator
xxxx                         Local extension number (starts with 1-7)
8xxxxxxx                  Local number
#xxxxxxx                  Off-site extension
*xx                            Star services
91xxxxxxxxxx            Long-distance number
9011 + up to 15 digits  International number

(0| 00|[1-7]xxx|8xxxxxxx|Fxxxxxxx|Exx|91xxxxxxxxxx|9011x.)
If MG mapped to 9011x., I think that it will collect 19 digits as its
maximun.
And "up to 15 digits" is negotiated by MG and MGC before that. But if I want
to define a new DialPlan (1011x.)(1011+up to 10 digits), how should I tell
MG?

[PTT] Spell it out exactly.  That is, 1011xxxxxxxxxx

3)the 'Z' duration modifier

I have no idea that when we should place this charactor in the digitstring.

[PTT] It comes before the position where duration of the signal matters.

What if MG found it in the DigitString, what should MG do!? I read 7.1.14.5
DigitMap Procedures for times but few can I understood. I need examples

[PTT] If the MG finds the Z at a certain position, in a pattern that is
still a candidate, that means it has to apply a timer to the length of the
next digit received.  If the length of the digit exceeds the threshold AND
it's one of the possibilities after the Z, then the pattern remains a
candidate.

[PTT] OK, an example.  Suppose you have collected 1011 so far.  Your two
possible patterns at this point (new example, no relation to what's above)
are "1011Z67" and "1011x."  Notice that these two patterns overlap as far as
the actual digits are concerned.  The differentiator is that fifth position:
if the tone is a long "6", then the first pattern is the one you stay with.
If the tone is a short "6", then the second pattern is the one you keep.

Best Regards
Toni Yang

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:53:01 -0500

Hi.

-----Original Message-----
From: toni.yang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 7:18 AM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:B800:EXCH]
Subject: how can I understand DigitString syntax

hi,Tom PT Taylor!

Best Regards
Toni Yang