Subject: [Megaco] Query on "Call between Residential Gateway and Trunking Gateway"

From: "Sudhir Kumar Appana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:26:37 +0530

Hi Madhubabu,

I have a query regarding the "Call between Residential Gateway and Trunking
Gateway" given in
section 2.2 of your file "Megaco/H.248 Call flow examples".

In this example, you has not assumed any specific signaling to the other
side of the Trunking Gateway to
make call flow simple and independent of the type of signaling.

Once RG notifies the Digit Sequence (example "2992") to controling MGC, can
I expect Address Information
from MGC to RG in the form of DTMF tones on a particular Termination. I hope
any one of the Trunking package
(for example: bcas) need to be realized on that particular Termination (for
example: Trunk1/Line1).

For Example, can I expect the following message from MGC to RG:

Modify Trunk1/Line1 {
Signals { bcas/addr { ds = 2992 } }
}

It was given in bcas package that address signals can in the form of either
DTMF, dial-pulse or MF-tones.

Assuming address signals are in the form of DTMF tones, how can the above
packet will be represented.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:23:31 -0500

HI Sudhir,
In case of MGC indicating call towards an Analog termination, forwarding the
called party number is not necessary. The MGC will have mapping between the
called party number and a termination Name. But in case of some other type
of termination, the MGC may need to send the information towards the Media
Gateway.

Considering the case of MG (Which is no more residential if it realizes this
package) that realizes "bcas" package,  yes the address signal is used for
this purpose. I remember a recent discussion to identify the type of coding.
The thread with subject "Megaco CAS" I didn't follow the thread completely
and hence not able to reply in complete. You can refer at the latest draft
of CAS package for the syntax and semantics. Hope this helps.

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Sudhir Kumar Appana
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 9:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sudhir (E-mail)
Subject: [Megaco] Query on "Call between Residential Gateway and
Trunking Gateway"

Hi Madhubabu,

Modify Trunk1/Line1 {

Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:23:31 -0500

HI Sudhir,

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----

Hi Madhubabu,

Modify Trunk1/Line1 {

Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir