Subject: [Megaco] Query on "Call between Residential Gateway and Trunking Gateway"

From: "Sudhir Kumar Appana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:26:37 +0530

Hi Madhubabu,

I have a query regarding the "Call between Residential Gateway and Trunking
Gateway" given in
section 2.2 of your file "Megaco/H.248 Call flow examples".

In this example, you has not assumed any specific signaling to the other
side of the Trunking Gateway to
make call flow simple and independent of the type of signaling.

Once RG notifies the Digit Sequence (example "2992") to controling MGC, can
I expect Address Information
from MGC to RG in the form of DTMF tones on a particular Termination. I hope
any one of the Trunking package
(for example: bcas) need to be realized on that particular Termination (for
example: Trunk1/Line1).

For Example, can I expect the following message from MGC to RG:

Modify Trunk1/Line1 {
Signals { bcas/addr { ds = 2992 } }
}

It was given in bcas package that address signals can in the form of either
DTMF, dial-pulse or MF-tones.

Assuming address signals are in the form of DTMF tones, how can the above
packet will be represented.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco