Subject: RE: [Megaco] Problem?

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:05:35 -0500

This has been discussed before.  It is possible for the MG to monitor the
status of the MGC by various means, such as sending periodic ServiceChange
requests which always say it is in service.  It is desirable for the MGC to
be able to control how often those requests come in, to prevent overload.
This too could be done in various ways.  Christian Groves has proposed
establishing a signal on ROOT which sends periodic test messages.  This is
being legalized in H.248v2.

-----Original Message-----
From: zhangzhong [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 4:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Problem?

Hi all,
How can MGW found the MGC is failure if MGC can't send Out of service to
MGW.

For example:
Transport over UDP:
After MGW register, and receive SUCESS from MGC.
If no any message received from MGC later, how can MGW found it should
register to another MGW again?

Whether can we add some standard methods like heartbeat to protocol ?

I think it is a big problems if in network supporting DUAL HOMEING ,MGC
ruin, if MGW has no message needed to send to MGC, MGW will stay there all
the time. And even another server finding problems and take over the MGW,
but it will can't control it because it is still wait for the first MGC's
message .

Thanks and regards
Zhangzhong

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco