Subject: Re: [Megaco] Wild Cards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:52:56 +0530

Hi Suman,

In the given example Tid contains 1byte for trunk group, 1 byte for trunk within
the group and one byte for circuit in same order. That means Tid has three level
( trunk group, trunk within the group and circuit).

RFC 3015 say that "Bit 6 of the wildcarding field specifies whether the
wildcarding pertains to one level in the hierarchical naming scheme (bit value
0) or to the level of the hierarchy specified in the wildcarding field plus all
lower levels (bit value 1)."

In first case, since the bit 6 in wildcard is 1, that means wildcarding pertains
to the trunk within the group level and circuit level.

While in second case, bit 6 in wildcard is 0, indicates that wildcarding
pertains to the trunk within the group level only. So the wildcard field may not
result the same as of case 1. MG will try to the value from  0000001 xxxxxxxx
01001001<some junk value in third octet> and return the specified termination Id
if any found otherwise return the failure response to MGC with error code = 431
- No TerminationID matched a wildcard.

To get the similar result in case 2 , the wildcard fields should be: 00001111
followed by 00000111.

Regards,
Amaresh

Suman Choudhary <[email-masked]> on 02/02/2002 11:56:43 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Amaresh Ram/HSS)

Subject:  [Megaco] Wild Cards

Hi All,

    I am not very clear of the significance of the
bit 6 in the wildcard field.

As stated in RFC3015,(assuming Tid to be 3 octets)

A CHOOSE-wildcarded name with the highest level of the
name equal to 00000001 is specified as follows

     wildcard field: 01001111
     Termination ID: 0000001 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Would this be the same if the wildcard field is
changed as follows ?

     wildcard field: 00001111
     Termination ID: 0000001 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Can anybody give some more examples to make things
clear for me?

Regards
Suman

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send your FREE holiday greetings online!
http://greetings.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco