Subject: [Megaco] Calls involving Mux Descriptor

From: "gokulc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:05:11 +0530

Hi,

How does the MGC determine the Mux to be used for the call under setup(eg.
H.221, H.223, Nx64...).

I hope this information is conveyed to the MGC via the Signaling gateway
using signaling protocols like
H.225, H.245. Does the MGC determines the Mux to be used based on the bearer
capability information
received in the signaling protocols.

Else any pointers to such information would be helpful.

gokul

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 04:37:58 -0500

The information can come in various ways.  The most straightforward is
through the user interface or by the fact that a given application (e.g.
H.320 MCU) is running.  It can come in call signalling.  For instance, when
the call signalling protocol is Q.931, the necessary information may be in
the Bearer Capability IE (e.g.) Nx64 is signalled by Information Transfer
Rate set to "multirate", and H.221 and H.223 are signalled by the User
Information Layer 1 Protocol parameter.  The third way it can come is
through in-band negotiation.  This is how H.226 is signalled, over V.8bis.

-----Original Message-----
From: gokulc [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 7:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Calls involving Mux Descriptor

Hi,

gokul

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 04:37:58 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: gokulc [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 7:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Calls involving Mux Descriptor

Hi,

gokul