Subject: [Megaco] "Showering line" handling

From: John Stock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:47:11 -0700

Hi all,

I was wondering about handling of excessive origination (a.k.a. "showering
line") handling between the MGC and MG, where the MG is an
Access/Residential Gateway.  I haven't seen any discussion of it.  Should it
be the responsibility of the MGC or of the MG to declare a line
out-of-service due to excessive originations (as required by GR-505)?  I
know this isn't so much specifically part of the Megaco protocol, however it
does involve partitioning of responsibility between the two entities on
either side, and as such I think should be addressed somewhere.  If not as
part of the H.248 spec, I'd at least be curious as to some opinions, or if
maybe it's addressed in some other NG spec.

In other protocols it's done different ways.  In GR303 it's done in the IDT
(equivalent of the MGC), but in V5 it's done in the RDT (equivalent of the
MG).

Thanks.

John Stock
Systems Engineering
Advanced Fibre Communications
[email-masked]
707-792-6249

And now for the standard disclaimer (don't lawyers just make life fun?):

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the
named addressee(s), and may contain information that is legally privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the original sender
immediately by telephone or by return E-mail and delete this message, along
with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco