Subject: [Megaco] Primary MGC related query.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:58:12 +0530

Hi list,
I do not receive any reply for this? So I am re-sending the mail.
Does root/normalMGExecutionTime, root/normalMGCExecutionTime and root/
ProvisionalResponseTimerValue has only one value among the virtual MGs and can
only be read/write by primary MGC.
Does this is acceptable to list?

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Siddharth Sharma/HSS on 09/13/2002 06:50 PM
---------------------------

[email-masked] on 09/06/2002 05:40:37 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Siddharth Sharma/HSS)

Subject:  [Megaco] Primary MGC related query.

HI list,
As per section 11.1 of RFC "If recovering from the event requires manipulation
of a physical interface's state, only one MGC should do so.  These issues are
resolved by allowing any of the MGCs to create EventsDescriptors to be notified
of such events, but only one MGC can have read/write access to the physical
interface properties; all other MGCs have read-only access". Is there any
package which contain the above said "physical interface properties".

Also does the root/normalMGExecutionTime, root/normalMGCExecutionTime and root/
ProvisionalResponseTimerValue is only read/write by primary MGC (in other words
does these properties have only one value for all virtual MGs)?

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:48:02 -0400

It is possible that two different virtual MGs could have different execution
and/or response times, based on how resources are partitioned among them.  I
do not believe that this assertion is valid.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 9:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Primary MGC related query.

Hi list,
I do not receive any reply for this? So I am re-sending the mail. Does
root/normalMGExecutionTime, root/normalMGCExecutionTime and root/
ProvisionalResponseTimerValue has only one value among the virtual MGs and
can only be read/write by primary MGC. Does this is acceptable to list?

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Siddharth Sharma/HSS on 09/13/2002 06:50
PM
---------------------------

To:   [email-masked]

HI list,
As per section 11.1 of RFC "If recovering from the event requires
manipulation of a physical interface's state, only one MGC should do so.
These issues are resolved by allowing any of the MGCs to create
EventsDescriptors to be notified of such events, but only one MGC can have
read/write access to the physical interface properties; all other MGCs have
read-only access". Is there any package which contain the above said
"physical interface properties".

Also does the root/normalMGExecutionTime, root/normalMGCExecutionTime and
root/ ProvisionalResponseTimerValue is only read/write by primary MGC (in
other words does these properties have only one value for all virtual MGs)?

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information  and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus.

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information  and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus.

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:48:02 -0400

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 9:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Primary MGC related query.

Hi list,

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com

To:   [email-masked]

HI list,

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:48:43 +0530

Does this means that there is no property in Base root package or any other
packages, which has only one value among the virtual MGs? Is this not a good
suggestion to identify the property in package definition as read/write by
primary MGC or by any MGC.

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma
web: www.hssworld.com

"Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]> on 09/13/2002 07:18:02 PM

To:   Siddharth Sharma/HSS@HSS, [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  RE: [Megaco] Primary MGC related query.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 9:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Primary MGC related query.

Hi list,

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com

To:   [email-masked]

HI list,

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:48:43 +0530

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma
web: www.hssworld.com

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 9:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Primary MGC related query.

Hi list,

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com

To:   [email-masked]

HI list,

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

web: www.hssworld.com

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:05:15 -0400

Seems like a reasonable proposition to me for the MG properties, assuming
that these all relate to performance of the same processor, but maybe I'm
making unwarranted assumptions about the gateway architecture.  The MGC
property must surely be set by the controlling MGC in each case. 

> I do not receive any reply for this? So I am re-sending the 
> mail. Does root/normalMGExecutionTime, 
> root/normalMGCExecutionTime and root/ 
> ProvisionalResponseTimerValue has only one value among the 
> virtual MGs and can only be read/write by primary MGC. Does 
> this is acceptable to list?
> 
> Regards,
> Siddhartha Sharma
> 
> web: www.hssworld.com
> As per section 11.1 of RFC "If recovering from the event 
> requires manipulation of a physical interface's state, only 
> one MGC should do so.  These issues are resolved by allowing 
> any of the MGCs to create EventsDescriptors to be notified of 
> such events, but only one MGC can have read/write access to 
> the physical interface properties; all other MGCs have 
> read-only access". Is there any package which contain the 
> above said "physical interface properties".
> 
> ProvisionalResponseTimerValue is only read/write by primary 
> MGC (in other words does these properties have only one value 
> for all virtual MGs)?
> 
> Regards,
> Siddhartha Sharma
> 
> web: www.hssworld.com
> 
> DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software 
> Systems Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of 
> the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  
> privileged or confidential information  and should not be 
> circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is 
> intended. If you have received this message in error, please 
> notify the originator immediately. If you are not the 
> intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly 
> prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the 
> contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for 
> loss or damage arising from the use of the information 
> DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software 
> Systems Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of 
> the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  
> privileged or confidential information  and should not be 
> circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is 
> intended. If you have received this message in error, please 
> notify the originator immediately. If you are not the 
> intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly 
> prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the 
> contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for 
> loss or damage arising from the use of the information