Subject: [Megaco] Query regarding the wildcard response feature

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:17:18 +0530

Hi Brian/Tom/List,
I was going through the previous discussions on the mailing list for the
wildcard
response feature. I am still not clear at which level the clubbing of the
responses
should take place. Following are the excerpts of Brian's and Tom's mails.

Brian:
"I would do something like the following:-
     Enumerate the set of terminations covered by the command
     For each descriptor covered by the command
          For each potential item in the descriptor
               Determine the number of dissimilar values for each of
               the terminations
          Emit one descriptor
               For each item that is expressed as a property=value,
                    use the ALTERNATIVE construction to show all
                    dissimilar values
               For each item that is a simple list, show all values
                    in the list"

Tom:
"On a close reading of this last, however, I am inclined to believe that it
is the descriptors which are repeated.  The phrase "UNION of all the
individual responses" suggests a logical operation on fully-formed responses
rather than something done by disassembling and reassembling them.  In other
words, I think I was wrong earlier."

It appears from the above two mails that what Brian is suggesting is to do a
clubbing
on the leafmost level i.e. at the individual item level. On the other hand Tom
is suggesting
a clubbing on a descriptor level. Could you please clarify what is the final
word on it?

Regards,
Chintan...
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco