Subject: [Megaco] Descriptor state after out of service

From: "Harry Suede" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 05:41:56 -0500

Hi list, Tom

PL ignore my previous mail. By mistake I have written "out of service" in place of "in service" in the last line.

What is the state of descriptor of a termination in a non-null context when termination is put "out of service" by MGC or MG? Does the descriptor remain on termination database but inactivated or does they are total flushed. Thus if this termination is put "in service" by MGC or MG then what will be the state of descriptor i.e. they are reapply/reactivated on the termination or not.

regards
harry
-- 
_______________________________________________
Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Meet Singles
http://corp.mail.com/lavalife

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:58:32 -0500

I don't believe the ServiceChange action does anything to the descriptors on its 
own.  It is up to the MGC to reset them if necessary.  I do have the feeling that we 
might want to analyze the situation and possibly refine it.

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:58:32 -0500

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:57:32 +1100

G'Day,

I think you should concentrate more on the method associated with the service
change that put the termination into the Out of Service state. The result of
Forced or Graceful will be that terminations are subtracted - thus if subtracted
the descriptors will be affected according to H.248.1 sect 7.2.3.

Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:57:32 +1100

G'Day,

Christian

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 11:12:53 -0500

You have me a bit confused here.  ServiceChange simply changes the state of the 
termination -- did you mean that the same Action would contain a Subtract, if issued 
by the MGC?

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 11:12:53 -0500

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:18:16 +1100

G'Day Tom,

Servicechange change does not "only" change state. Depending on the method there
are certain procedures around the Servicechange. ie. for Servicechange =
Graceful it is expected that the MGC should subtract the termination when a call
if finished or expiry. When this happens according to graceful the terminations
will be put out of service.

Cheers, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:18:16 +1100

G'Day Tom,

Cheers, Christian

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 07:49:26 -0500

We're on the same page, then.  I was worried you were saying the ServiceChange 
itself was doing a subtraction.

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 07:49:26 -0500