Subject: [Megaco] A simple question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:43:04 +0900

hi,
In Section 7.1.11, RFC 3015,
"Signals are defined as proceeding from the Termination towards the exterior
of the Context unless otherwise specified in a package"

Would you please explain above definition in detail.

TIS.

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:12:43 -0500

The two possibilities are that the signal is directed toward the exterior (i.e. the
remote device represented by the termination) or it is directed inward toward the
context and hence toward all the other terminations.  One of the the H.248.x
announcement packages (used to be H.248 Annex K) includes a direction parameter so
you could effectively broadcast a signal from one termination to all the other
terminations in the context.

> Would you please explain above definition in detail.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:12:43 -0500

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:38:04 +1100

See Q.1950 Annex A for an example usage.

Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:38:04 +1100

Christian