Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

From: Praveen Shivaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:58:31 -0400

When trying to model GR-303 into the MG/MGC architecture i'm having
hard time trying to solve the problem stated below. Please advice,

1) As specified in draft-ietf-sigtran-gr303ua-00.txt, TMC/EOC/PPS is peeled
from the MG
    and backhaul to the MGC. Thats fine. But a resulting side effect is that
i'm not
    finding any reference that describes how to take care of this problem.

   Assume CRV 1 is a loop start line and CRV 2 is a ground start line and
CRV 3 is 
   loop reverse battery line. Let us say we have DS0-1 allocated for calls
originating
   from CRV 1,2 and 3 (each done seperately, but gets the same DS0).

   For CRV 1 we need to do LS signaling on the DS0, later when CRV 2 gets
the
   same DS0, we need to do GS signaling and so on and so forth. This calls
for
   applying the signaling model (like LS/GS/LRB etc) on the fly. How do you
plan
   achieve this?

   This is not addressed in the rfc-3015 or
draft-manyfolks-megaco-caspackage-02.
   In all the places it is assumed that the signaling model is
pre-provisioned. In case
   of GR-303, signaling model can be logically tied to a CRV and not a DS0
(as done
   for regular CAS lines/trunks). MG will not be provisioned with any CRV
information.

2) Also should a GR303 termination and a regular CAS termination be
addressed
    alike? Both are plain vanilla DS0's

3) Once we are done with the call there should be a way to shut off the RBS 
    detection/insertion  from the MG. How can the MG be instructed about
putting
    the channel(s) into IDLE state.

Appreciate your response.

Praveen Shivaswamy
Telica Inc

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:21:12 -0400

Comments inline.  [KJBII]

Remember, GR303 is NOT trunks -- it's lines.  Taking packages that are built
specifically for trunking and trying to shoehorn GR303 into the model will
most certainly be difficult at best.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Praveen Shivaswamy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 11:59 AM
To: [email-masked]'; Praveen Shivaswamy
Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

When trying to model GR-303 into the MG/MGC architecture i'm having hard
time trying to solve the problem stated below. Please advice,

[KJBII] For GR303, call control signalling should be backhauled.  Would this
not go over the SCTP link?

[KJBII] I know of no CAS lines -- CAS is for trunking.  I know of no
handsets that generate MF digits.  Therefore, it seems that this should be
modeled as lines, and whatever trunking is present should be handled
independently.

[KJBII] By addressed, do you mean network addressing for bearer?  If so, it
depends upon you implementation.  If you mean term names, then all terms
must have unique names within the MG.

[KJBII] Subtract the term.

Praveen Shivaswamy
Telica Inc

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:21:12 -0400

Comments inline.  [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Praveen Shivaswamy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 11:59 AM
To: [email-masked]'; Praveen Shivaswamy
Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

Praveen Shivaswamy
Telica Inc

---

From: Praveen Shivaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:14:45 -0400

Kevin,
 
thanks for the quick response. However here is my question.
 
Basic Analog line supervison package + Enhanced Analog line package
address the Loop start signaling requirements (as commented in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-megaco-enhalpkgs-01.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-megaco-enhalpkgs-01.txt>
). Which package addressess
other line side signaling models, like Ground start/Loop reverse battery
etc.
 
Also please see my inline response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 1:21 PM
To: Praveen Shivaswamy; [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [Megaco] (no subject)

Comments inline.  [KJBII] 

Kevin 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Praveen Shivaswamy [ mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 11:59 AM 
To: [email-masked]'; Praveen Shivaswamy 
Subject: [Megaco] (no subject) 

[KJBII] For GR303, call control signalling should be backhauled.  Would this
not go over the SCTP link? 
[Praveen Shivaswamy] Yes. That was my first statement. 

[KJBII] I know of no CAS lines -- CAS is for trunking.  I know of no
handsets that generate MF digits.  Therefore, it seems that this should be
modeled as lines, and whatever trunking is present should be handled
independently.
[Praveen Shivaswamy] I was referring to a scenario where we can have CAS
lines coming from an IAD (channel bank) to the MG. These would be considered
as lines. 

Praveen Shivaswamy 
Telica Inc 

_______________________________________________ 
Megaco mailing list 
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco>