Subject: [Megaco] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 06:44:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Megaco/H.248v2 Gateway Control Protocol, version 2
	Author(s)	: C. Groves, M. Pantaleo et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-04.txt
	Pages		: 219
	Date		: 2003-4-3
	
This document describes the second version of the general-purpose 
gateway control protocol standardized as Megaco in the IETF and as 
Recommendation H.248 (now H.248.1) in the ITU-T.  It is common text 
with Recommendation H.248.1 (05/02), published by the ITU-T.  Megaco 
v2 includes the corrections to RFC 3015 which resulted in RFC xxxx 
[draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-02.txt], plus the following new 
capabilities: 
- ability to audit specific properties, events, signals and 
statistics 
- use of serviceChange to indicate that capabilities have changed in 
the Media Gateway 
- playing a signal on the Root Termination 
- limiting the number of repetitions of transaction pending 
- allowing topology to be set per stream 
- ability to audit context properties 
- new Nx64K multiplex type 
- provision for digit buffering when a digit map completes. 
In addition, the use of the Modem Descriptor was deprecated. 
A detailed list of changes from draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-
02.txt/H.248.1 (03/02) to this document is given in Appendix II at 
the end of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.