Subject: [Megaco] Reuse of TransactionIds in Three-way handshake

From: "Anil Jangam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:21:07 +0530

Hi,

As specified in the RFC, point D.1.1:

The copy of the responses may be destroyed either LONG-TIMER seconds after
the response is issued, or when the entity receives a confirmation that the
response has been received, through the "Response Acknowledgement
parameter". For transactions that are acknowledged through this parameter,
the entity shall keep a copy of the transaction-id for LONG-TIMER seconds
after the response is issued, in order to detect and ignore duplicate copies
of the transaction request that could be produced by the network.

(Issentially it says that the TransactionIds shall not be reused untill the
LONG-TIMER associated with it is elapsed).

Whereas in point D.1.2.2 specifies that :

The "confirmed transaction-id ranges" values shall not be used if more than
LONG-TIMER seconds have elapsed since the MG issued its last response to
that MGC, or when a MG resumes operation. In this situation, transactions
should be accepted and processed, without any test on the transaction.id.

What confuses me here is that text in D.1.1 metions about when to reuse the
TransactionIds, where as text in D.1.2.2 doesn't really agrees with it. What
is the relation between these two???

====

Regards,
/anil

*********************************************************
Disclaimer

This message (including any attachments) contains 
confidential information intended for a specific 
individual and purpose, and is protected by law. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you should 
delete this message and are hereby notified that 
any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
message, or the taking of any action based on it, 
is strictly prohibited.

*********************************************************
Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco