Subject: [Megaco] Megaco CAS support

From: Brad Steinka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:34:28 -0400

There were several RFC draft document that described various packages to
support CAS, R1, R2, BCAS, etc.
Most of these drafts have expired.

Can anyone tell me what the latest RFCs are that support CAS calls and where
they are in the standards process?

Thanks

Brad Steinka
Director - Software Engineering
734 Forest Street, Building G, Suite 100
Marlboro, Ma.   01752
Tel:  508-480-0909  x154
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Web:   www.telica.com <http://www.telica.com>

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:54:28 +1000

G'Day Brad and Karl,

I believe the intention is to move the CAS work into the ITU. The contributions
containing the latest drafts can be found at:
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0302_San/

AVD-2312	MF Tone Generation and Detection Packages
AVD-2315	Basic CAS Packages
AVD-2316	International CAS Packages
AVD-2317	Enhanced Analog Line Packages

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:54:28 +1000

G'Day Brad and Karl,

Regards, Christian

---

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:30:01 -0400

Hi Christian,

Then why are these brand new revisions of drafts were just recently submitted?

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-r2package-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laha-megaco-cas-mntc-00.txt

More over a quick look through reveals that some of the package items in icas
(ITU) the same as in r2 (IETF) up to the extent of exactly the same wording.

Same AVD-2316 ITU doc mentions "CAS Blocking" package in summary which
does not seem to be defined in the document and also "conflicts" with above
IETF "CAS Maintenance Package".

There is also reference to r2 package in AVD-2316 nowhere found in ITU.

Also basic CAS packages draft still available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manyfolks-megaco-caspackage-02.txt
but it is slightly different (outdated?) from AVD-2315 ITU version you have 
specified.

The recent submission of the above drafts had lead me to believe that CAS
work is still quite "up and running" in IETF. This is all very confusing.
When was it decided to move the work to ITU? Could someone point me out
to some references (in IETF) of that please?

My two cents on this topic: CAS is not an isolated package and in my opinion
it would be much more productive to keep it on both channels (ITU and IETF)
and in sync, similar to some other items done so far in H.248/MEGACO.
What other folks think about it?

Also in any case can the authors of ITU and IETF CAS related packages work
together to come up with some kind of game plan and post it to the list to 
avoid
any further confusion and inconsistencies?

Thanks!
         Aleks

---

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:30:01 -0400

Hi Christian,

Thanks!
         Aleks