Subject: Re: [Megaco] trigger for Null context to include terminations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:36:08 +0530

Hi

      In my view:
      All the physical terminations that are configured and not in a valid
context are in
Null context. Hence configuration commands  can taken as triggers for
terminations appearing/disappearing
from a Null context . This is further clarified with the following
specification statement:
" Terminations in the null Context can have their parameters examined
   or modified, and may have events detected on them"
so even  a service change request requires a terminations to be present in
a null context also.

Regards
Venkat

"YAMAMOTO, Susumu" <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 04/17/2003
10:11:39 AM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:    [Megaco] trigger for Null context to include terminations

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the trigger for Null context to include
specific TerminationIDs in an MG.

In general, we have some phases to provide call operation capability
in an MG after starting the MG, that is (a) to mount physical channels
with configuration commands and (b) to take the physical channels into
service state with specific commands.

Which should be a trigger that the corresponding physical TerminationIDs
show up in Null context in the MG ?

Also when we stop the service on specific physical terminations,
we may at first take the terminations out of service with commands
temporarily, and in the second we may dismount the termination to
delete these from configuration files.

Which should be a trigger that the corresponding physical TerminaionIDs
disappeared from Null context ?

I think that we may have both choices in both cases above along the
MEGACO standard. It seems that we have no description regarding
this in, and this would be a implementation matter.

Please let me know your idea.

Thanks,
-Susumu

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
 https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "YAMAMOTO, Susumu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:53:59 +0900

Hi Venkat,

Thank you for your help.

ServiceChange (restart) should be sent when the terminations have
just returned to the service from section 7.2.8 of MEGACO, therefore
I think we have no indication just when the terminations show up in
Null context along your suggestion.

In effect the terminations which are configured but not in-service yet
could not detect any events on them in the conventional TDM or ATM.
And I think that we have no need to set any parameters on them if
they cannot make any calls or detect any events...

I am confused what the need is for physical terminations not in-service
yet to be kept in Null context ?

It may be good for terminations fault but not taken out-of-service
manually yet to be kept in Null context though.

It seems natural that the terminations show up after the Service
Change(restart) is sent...

Could you please tell me your idea ?

Thanks,
-Susumu

---

---

From: "YAMAMOTO, Susumu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:53:59 +0900

Hi Venkat,

Thank you for your help.

Thanks,
-Susumu

---