Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

From: Praveen Shivaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:58:31 -0400

When trying to model GR-303 into the MG/MGC architecture i'm having
hard time trying to solve the problem stated below. Please advice,

1) As specified in draft-ietf-sigtran-gr303ua-00.txt, TMC/EOC/PPS is peeled
from the MG
    and backhaul to the MGC. Thats fine. But a resulting side effect is that
i'm not
    finding any reference that describes how to take care of this problem.

   Assume CRV 1 is a loop start line and CRV 2 is a ground start line and
CRV 3 is 
   loop reverse battery line. Let us say we have DS0-1 allocated for calls
originating
   from CRV 1,2 and 3 (each done seperately, but gets the same DS0).

   For CRV 1 we need to do LS signaling on the DS0, later when CRV 2 gets
the
   same DS0, we need to do GS signaling and so on and so forth. This calls
for
   applying the signaling model (like LS/GS/LRB etc) on the fly. How do you
plan
   achieve this?

   This is not addressed in the rfc-3015 or
draft-manyfolks-megaco-caspackage-02.
   In all the places it is assumed that the signaling model is
pre-provisioned. In case
   of GR-303, signaling model can be logically tied to a CRV and not a DS0
(as done
   for regular CAS lines/trunks). MG will not be provisioned with any CRV
information.

2) Also should a GR303 termination and a regular CAS termination be
addressed
    alike? Both are plain vanilla DS0's

3) Once we are done with the call there should be a way to shut off the RBS 
    detection/insertion  from the MG. How can the MG be instructed about
putting
    the channel(s) into IDLE state.

Appreciate your response.

Praveen Shivaswamy
Telica Inc

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco