Subject: [Megaco] Controlling a Media Server using MEGACO

From: "???" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:29:41 +0900

Hi, List.

 If the network configuration described below.

1) MGC controlls Media Server Using Megaco.
2) Media server is conntected to IP network

 if we want to make media server to connect to the MG to send some
annoncement,
then How can we describe context model in Media Server?

 Are there a physical termination representing a kind of media source
and ephemeral termination representing RTP stream in the context?
Is a media source can be modeled as a termination?
 
Or just one ephemeral termination is included in the context?
In this case, Can we play signals, which is defined in Annex K, on the
ephemeral termination?

 please give me your opinion.

 regards.
yim.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:55:58 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: ??? [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 8:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Controlling a Media Server using MEGACO

Hi, List.

 if we want to make media server to connect to the MG to send some
annoncement, then How can we describe context model in Media Server?

[KJBII] This would depend upon your implementation.

 Are there a physical termination representing a kind of media source and
ephemeral termination representing RTP stream in the context? Is a media
source can be modeled as a termination?

[KJBII] A termination is defined as the source or sink of a media flow.  So,
yes, a media source can be modeled as a termination.  The model you describe
with a physical as the media source, and an ephemeral as the packet bearer
stream is certainly one way that you can build this half call.
 
Or just one ephemeral termination is included in the context? In this case,
Can we play signals, which is defined in Annex K, on the ephemeral
termination?

[KJBII] There is nothing that restricts asserting signals on ephemerals.  If
your implementation allows this kind of modeling, then certainly this could
be another way to build this scenario.

[KJBII] As an aside, there are more advanced media server packages in
H.248.9.  H.248.7 (formerly Annex K) only describes a simple announcement
package.  If you wish to do more complicated media serving, then I suggest
having a good look at H.248.9.

 regards.
yim.

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:55:58 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: ??? [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 8:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Controlling a Media Server using MEGACO

Hi, List.

 

 regards.
yim.