Subject: [Megaco] correct connection model for conferencing according darft H.248.1 9

From: Kalleitner Franz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:15:32 +0200

Hello megaco-list-members

In the past, many threats were discussing about conferencing. However SG16
started to summarized this topic in the draft H.248.19 (BTW: Thanks a lot
for that work), but the connection model is still not clear to me.
As documented in H.248.19 §5 (conferencing architectures) it is mentioned
that according H.248 §6 two different types of conferencing could apply by
placing the relevant terminations in the same or different contexts.

In case of implementing conferences using different contexts, which
connection model should apply ?
1.) for each conferee an own context as shown at example §9
draft-ietf-megaco-callflows-02.txt?
2.) separation into a central conference context and for each conferee an
own, lets say, call leg context?
3.) or are both listed connection models meaningful ?

The second approach was discussed many times in the list, but there was
never a final and clear statement, may be there could be one before
finalizing H248.19.

Thanks in advance
Franz