Subject: [Megaco] A question about H.248 on SCTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:11:24 +0800

Hi,
  H.248.4 (Annex H) gives SCTP to transport H.248 transactions. The paper
says: It is recommended that transactions related to one context are
transported over the same stream. SCTP transmits messages and processes
received messages in one stream.

  When MGC and MG exchange informations. The MG/MGC maybe get context_A
messages from inbound stream_1, but send out context_A messages from inboud
stream_2, the paper didn't tell us the streams MUST be used as pairs:
inboud stream_1 so outbound stream_1.

  And there maybe coexist more than one SCTP associations between MGC/MGW.
The MG/MGC maybe get contex_A messages from one association and respond the
reply in another association. The paper din't tell us MUST use one
association to process one context.

  The upper mechanism is different from TUP/ISUP call process. The MGC/MG
couldn't anticipate the H.248 communication partner reply the call context
message in which association or stream. If the MGC initiate a context in
one association ,but received reply in another association, MGC have to
forward the message to the initiated place. Doesn't it looks strange? Maybe
u have further suggestion about this question.

  Thanks.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:19:10 -0400

It really doesn't matter which stream each end uses, so long as one end uses the 
same stream for all messages relating to a given context.  The reason for this rule 
is to ensure that messages arrive in order at the peer.

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:19:10 -0400