Subject: [Megaco] EBCP Flag ON-OFF transition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:53:42 +0530

Hi All
      Needed a clarification on the behaviour of MG wrt to the EBCP flag
transition from ON to OFF.
The scenario is as follows:

1) Modify
TermId = T10
CtxId = null
Media
{
TerminationState { Buffer = LockStep}
},
Events = 1 { dd/d0,dd/d1,dd/d2,al/hf},
EventBuffer { dd/d4, dd/d5, dd/d6, dd/d7 }

2) After the  notification of any event in the event descriptor,
eventbuffer descriptor is activated and buffering is done by MG.

3) MGC modifies the EBCP flag to OFF.
Modify
TermId = T10
CtxId = null
Media
{
TerminationState { Buffer = OFF}
}
      Now according to the protocol, the events that are buffered shall be
discarded,
(draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-01>>
" If the MG receives a command instructing it to set the value of
EventBufferControl to Off, all events in the EventBuffer SHALL be
   discarded"
)

however there is no mention whether the old event  descriptor shall get
activated or not. That is if any event in the old event
descriptor is detected then whether it should be reported to MGC  or
whether it should be discarded.

Regards
Venkat
www.hssworld.com
Hughes Software Systems

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco