Subject: [Megaco] International call progress tones

From: Brad Steinka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:03:57 -0500

Call progress tones (dial-tone, busy, etc) differ on a per country basis.

Is there any work currently underway to allow the MGC to specify that a
French dial-tone should be
generated by the MG?

OR

Is the current working assumptiong that the per country variants of call
progress tones are PROVISIONED on the
MG?

Brad Steinka
Director - Software Engineering
734 Forest Street, Building G, Suite 100
Marlboro, Ma.   01752
Tel:  508-480-0909  x154
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Web:   www.telica.com <http://www.telica.com>

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:06:23 -0500

Local differences are the responsibility of the MG.  That is to say, MGs
should know how to correctly produce signals for their terminations.  So,
the short answer to your question is that local-specific information is
provisioned.

If we go to the point of making MGCs responsible for what local flavor of
signals to produce, then the MGC becomes responsible for immense amounts of
data -- every toneset, every ring pattern set, every small difference in
local requirements over the face of the entire Earth.  Remember that part of
the promise of this technology is localized MGs scattered over many
localities controlled from a central MGC in another location.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Steinka [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:04 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] International call progress tones

Is there any work currently underway to allow the MGC to specify that a
French dial-tone should be generated by the MG?

OR

Is the current working assumptiong that the per country variants of call
progress tones are PROVISIONED on the MG?

Brad Steinka

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:06:23 -0500

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Steinka [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:04 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] International call progress tones

OR

Brad Steinka