Subject: [Megaco] question about disconnection message from MGW

From: 杨先波 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:27:38 +0800

Hi,all
if MGC receives a message svc.req(ROOT,Method=Disconnection) ,
I am not sure if MGC should sends audit command after svc.reply,
and if MGC sends audit to MGW, how MGC should use audit.reply,
that is what should MGC deal with the reply message. Thanks a lot!
                                   Simba

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:31:00 -0500

This would all depend upon what the MGC is trying to accomplish.  How the
MGC would use an audit depends heavily upon what function it performs.

Note that there are no requirements as to when or how audits are performed.
Audits are a tool to be used as appropriate by an implementation.

Kevin 
________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 3:28 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] question about disconnection message from MGW

	Hi,all

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:31:00 -0500

Kevin 

	Hi,all

---

From: 杨先波 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:02:18 +0800

Thank for your reply, but if MGW send Disconnection indication to MGC, which means
MGW disconnected from MGC just now, now MGW restores connection with MGC, then
maybe state of the MGW  is different from what MGC regarded , so MGC need audit MGW
to sychornize with it.  All above can be found in the document: draft-ietf-megaco-callflows-02.txt,
which reads as below:

The MG issues the disconnection method of Service Change when it lost
the communication with MGC and later regains it. The MGC normally
generates an Audit message to assess the state of the terminations
before and after the disconnection. The Audit command enables MGC to
synchronize its state with the MG's state.

Though it is a draft, but I think it is reasonable. What about your opinion?
Thanks for your reply again!

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]]
发送时间: 2004年2月12日 2:31
收件人: ÑîÏè²¨; [email-masked]
Title: RE: [Megaco] question about disconnection message from MGW

Kevin 

	Hi,all

z��f��)��+-1�r����+�m����5��_��?�������+-�w��g�i�

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:42:22 -0500

I would like to point out that the callflows document is not a standard, and
only provides examples of one possible way to achieve certain functionality.
Your implementation may differ based upon the functionality it is trying to
achieve.  In fact, I believe the callflows document is expired.

The spec does not mandates audits or any particular handling of audit
responses.  That would be a detail to be resolved by your implementation.
If your implementation needs to perform audits, then that should be taken
into account during its design.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 8:02 PM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] question about disconnection message from MGW

Thank for your reply, but if MGW send Disconnection indication to MGC, which
means MGW disconnected from MGC just now, now MGW restores connection with
MGC, then maybe state of the MGW  is different from what MGC regarded , so
MGC need audit MGW to sychornize with it.  All above can be found in the
document: draft-ietf-megaco-callflows-02.txt,
which reads as below:

The MG issues the disconnection method of Service Change when it lost the
communication with MGC and later regains it. The MGC normally generates an
Audit message to assess the state of the terminations before and after the
disconnection. The Audit command enables MGC to synchronize its state with
the MG's state.

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]]
发送时间: 2004年2月12日 2:31
收件人: ÑîÏè²¨; [email-masked]
Title: RE: [Megaco] question about disconnection message from MGW

Kevin

	Hi,all

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:43:16 -0500

Again, the MGC MAY wish to audit.  There is no requirement.  Whether the MGC
audits or not is determined by the implementation of the MGC.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhao Bo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 9:06 PM
To: ???
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] question about disconnection message from MGW

Hi, please refer to section 7.28 of H.248.1, description of
ServiceChangeMethod "Disconnected":

Disconnected: always applied with the Root TerminationID, indicates that the
MG lost communication with the MGC, but it was subsequently restored to the
same MGC (possibly after trying other MGCs on a pre-provisioned list). Since
MG state may have changed, the MGC may wish to use the Audit command to
resynchronize its state with the MG's.

----- Original Message -----
From: "杨先波" <[email-masked]>
To: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Megaco] question about disconnection message from MGW

> 1r艊XXi z׮m? 0 '~ ffX) (1r剚XXǠi"z敃m젶?0Ā'~ffX)���(

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:42:22 -0500

Kevin

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]]
发送时间: 2004年2月12日 2:31
收件人: ÑîÏè²¨; [email-masked]
Title: RE: [Megaco] question about disconnection message from MGW

Kevin

	Hi,all

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:43:16 -0500

Kevin