Subject: [Megaco] Are Megaco subscribers immobile??

From: Madhubabu Brahmanapally <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:33:38 -0800

Hi All,
The present Protocol spec doesn't address the issue of mobility of users
connected to the residential gateways. Are there any proposals for
registration of endpoints when they change their physical location (Yet
retaining their domain name,etc).  Similar to the REGISTER message in SIP. 
 
Regards
Madhubabu

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:50:11 -0500

I would think this contrary to the spirit of Megaco, in that the awareness of 
services resides in the MGC alone and is not reflected in the protocol.

> retaining their domain name,etc).  Similar to the REGISTER message in SIP.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:50:11 -0500