Subject: RE: [Megaco] Modify to do Audit hook state

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:45:12 -0400

The MGC must account for these kinds of issues when it is building messages.
 
I would note that there are two other possible values for the strict parm
that may be of more use: 'state' and 'exact'.  If having the MG generate
errors is a problem, then you could use one of the other two options
instead.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: Pascal Lambers [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 4:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Modify to do Audit hook state

Hello,
 
Megaco does not provide an Audit message to audit a termination's hook
status directly. That's clear.
 
Instead, to know whether a termination is Off Hook, the MGC must send a
Modify with an Off Hook (strict/failWrong) Events descriptor.  Consequently,
if the termination is already off hook, the MG will reply with an error. Is
it sure that in such a case the events and signals implemented on this
termination before the Modify arrived, are still present? In other words, is
it sure that messages from the MGC to the MG replied to with an error do not
have any negative effect?
 
Kind regards,
Pascal

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Pascal Lambers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:03:09 +0200

Kevin,

"The MGC must account for these kinds of issues when it is building
messages".
By this you mean, that if the MG returns an error "termination allready
off/on hook", the MGC has no longer any guarantee as to which events are
still programmed on the termination?

If so, the strict/exact and strict/state won't be of any help I'm afraid:
the Modify will always overwrite events that were present on the termination
before... and if the MGC just sent this Modify to know whether the hook
status of a termination is still as it expected, without taking anything
else, this is a problem. Do I interpret this correctly?

Pascal