Subject: RE: [Megaco] ToS byte marking

From: "Ed Luff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:25:31 -0400

Brad,

We have defined the 'QoSOverride' property in our Megaco package for
explicitly setting the ToS bits within the RTP media stream.  If this
property is not set, the MG uses the Media and Codec types specified in the
SDP to generate the mapping.  If neither of the above is applicable, the MG
will use a static mapping table which is configured by the operator.  The
next release of our product will support setting the full 6 QoS bits.  Hope
this is useful.

Cheers,

Ed

QoS Override

PropertyId: QoSOverride(0x0005) 

Description: The ToS mapping to use for this termination. 

Type: octet string.  In the text encoding of MEGACO/H.248 this is
represented as a string, that is the values are 0 to 7. 

Possible Values: as configured in the MGC.   

Default: No override is applied.

Defined in: LocalControl. 

Characteristics: read-write. 

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Brad Steinka
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 6:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] ToS byte marking

Hi,

Is there a mechanism in place either in a MEGACO package or through SDP to
specify what the TOS byte should be set too on packets transmitted by an MG
to facilitate DIFFServ/Qos behavior in the core network?   

I looked that the SDP attributes at IANA and didn't see anything that fit
the bill.

Thanks

brad

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco