Subject: [Megaco] BCAS Glare procedures

From: "Steinka, Bradford R (Brad)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:43:23 -0400

Hi

The procedures in the BCAS package specify a procedure for resolving glare in a cas trunk, see section 7.5.1.  The situation arises when both sides of the trunk are provisioned to be "controlling".

This is not normally how CAS is deployed in the field.

Customers provision one side controller and the other side as non-controlling as specified in the following GR documents.

GR-317-CORE - section 3.1.4.1

GR-505 - section 4.2.3.1

And GR-506 - section 11.5,  R11-35

All specification stipulate that one MUST be provisioned 'controlling' and the other 'releasing'.

Shouldn't the procedure section of the BCAS package be aligned with these GR specifications?

Thanks

Brad Steinka

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:32:54 -0400

Note that Telcordia documents only cover North America.  The H.248 subseries
are international standards and must accommodate variants from all over the
world as much as possible.
 
Also, how CAS works is not the domain of the H.248 subseries -- H.248.25
only describes the interface for carrying the relevant information between
the MGC and the MG.  If the local CAS standards dictate
controlling/releasing provisioning requirements then those should be adhered
to, even though it is outside the scope of H.248.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: Steinka, Bradford R (Brad) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 9:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] BCAS Glare procedures

Hi

The procedures in the BCAS package specify a procedure for resolving glare
in a cas trunk, see section 7.5.1.  The situation arises when both sides of
the trunk are provisioned to be "controlling".

Customers provision one side controller and the other side as
non-controlling as specified in the following GR documents.

GR-505 - section 4.2.3.1

All specification stipulate that one MUST be provisioned 'controlling' and
the other 'releasing'.

Shouldn't the procedure section of the BCAS package be aligned with these GR
specifications?

Thanks

Brad Steinka