Subject: RE: [Megaco] Behaviour of out-of-service terminations

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:36:52 -0400

Many of these items will be covered by the text in the forthcoming Annex F.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 12:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:5N00:EXCH]; Christian Groves
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Behaviour of out-of-service terminations

Hi
      I do agree with Christian that though its obvious but as we seen in
the past there has been queries raised in the mailing list on the
termination behaviour in the out-of-service state, so surely this topic
demands little clarification in the specification. Just to add few more
points to the Tom's query about the service change behaviour:
1) Validity of descriptors for the null-context terminations when a
termination is made Out-Of-Service. Though protocol has clearly mentioned
that for terminations in valid context, MGC should send subtract, which
would clear the  descriptors, but there is no clarification for null-context
terminations.
2) Can a MGC brings a termination in-service, if MG has made it
out-of-service.  Also what are the commands valid for a out-of-service
terminations.
3) How to cancel a previously generated service change with delay. However
it make sense that any new service change should completely overwrite the
previous service change command, but here also it needs to be clarified in
the specifications.

Regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Hughes Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             Christian Groves                                              
             <christian.groves                                             
             @ericsson.com>                                             To 
             Sent by:                  Tom Taylor                          
             megaco-bounces@ie         <[email-masked]>         
             tf.org                                                     cc 
                                       [email-masked]                     
                                                                   Subject 
             08/14/2004 01:37          Re: [Megaco] Behaviour of           
             PM                        out-of-service terminations         

                                                                           

G'Day Tom,

I had hoped this would be obvious. But if someone is asking this then maybe
its not?

Regards, Christian

Tom Taylor wrote:

> If the MG reports a termination is out of service, it seems reasonable 
> to assume that it will neither report events nor continue to apply 
> signals which were active on it when it made the transition.  Is this 
> totally obvious or should a note to this effect be added to the 
> specification?
>
> Tom Taylor
>
> _______________________________________________
> Megaco mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
>

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
 https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

 ***********************  HSS-Unclassified   ***********************

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco