Subject: [Megaco] Command Timeout

From: "Karthikeyan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:17:00 +0530

HI,

Can anyone clarify me the way command timeout should be handled in Megaco?
Say a MG application taking more time to respond to a command request but it
has replied to the previous commands of the same transaction. Does the
transaction response need to be sent with the command replies being answered
and leaving the un responded command when the time taken exceeds (~
MGOriginatedPendingLimit * MGExecutionTime)

I will greatly appreciate if someone could reply me on this regard.

Thanks

Karthik

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:10:46 -0400

The responder could use Pending to indicate the processing is taking longer
than normal.  Note that there is a practical limit on how long a responder
can send Pendings -- eventually it will have to send an error as the
response for the command in question if it cannot complete it in a
reasonable time.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: Karthikeyan S [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 7:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Command Timeout

HI,

Thanks

Karthik