Subject: [Megaco] Ephimeral Termination Name

From: jijo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:47:18 +0530

Hi All,

Im working on a trunking gateway.What's the convention  normally follow 
while deciding the ephimeral termination name.? Please let me know 
what's the industry standard way of doing it?
In the call flow document, its mentioned as "EphA".
good if you can give some suggestion or example for endpoint names..

Jijo

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:34:56 +0530

Hi

Although its a implementation issue, but the Ephimeral name can be as
simple as RTPxxxx or EPHxxx to a more exhaustive naming schema
such as "ip/group/interface/<xxx>" depending on the size of the gateway and
number of network interface cards available on
the system. Also mulitple naming schema's can be configured on MG depending
on whether the ephimeral endpoint is IP or ATM.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             jijo                                                          
             <jijoj@axestechno                                             
             logies.com>                                                To 
             Sent by:                  Megaco <[email-masked]>            
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Ephimeral Termination Name 
             06/02/2005 04:47                                              
             PM                                                            

Hi All,

Jijo

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software 
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for 
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received 
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."