Subject: [Megaco] Who is responsible for stopping remote ringback?

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:14:55 +0200

When A calls B, the MGC applies a ringing signal to physical termination B,
ringback tone on the ephemeral created in the same context as B, and
requests off-hook on *physical* termination B.  When B goes off-hook,
signals *on that termination* are stopped.  That means the ringing stops,
but who is supposed to stop the ringback tone on the ephemeral, where no
event occurred?  Should the MG continue playing ringback tone on the
ephemeral until it gets an explicit command from the MGC to stop?
 
Raphael Tryster 
 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:25:42 -0400

Yes, the MGC has to stop the signal.  This is a difference from MGCP, 
where events are effectively propagated across the context.

Raphael Tryster wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>