Subject: [Megaco] Re: Packages extension (question 2)

From: "Julio Martinez-Minguito (AL/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:14:05 +0200

Hi:

Thanks for your mails that had help me a lot to understand the syntax of the extended packages.
But I still have another question:

Signals syntax is:
  dg/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}
But is it valid
  dg/d1 
being d1 a signal in 'dg'?

For the events and observed events descriptor we have:
  Events = 1 { dd/std {tl = [d2, d3, d4]}}
  ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/std {tid = d2} }

If the events descriptor is:
  Events = 1 { dd/* }
Is it valid 
  ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/d2 }
or should be
  ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/std {tid = d2} }

thanks for your help, Julio

And for the observed events descriptor

   dd/std {tl = [d2, d3, d4]}, tonedet/std {tl = [d2, d3,
d4]}}
and it detects f.e. "d2" stat tone:
  ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/std {tid = d2} },
or
  ObservedEvents = 1 { tonedet/std {tid = d2} } ?

Please see answers below inline.

At 12:23 AM 9/4/2002, Fhuval Hittay wrote:

	Thanks for answer, but there is one more question. "tonedet" package has "std"
	event with "tl" parameter, and that parameter has only one possible value "*".
	Suppose such a situation: MG received following Events descriptor
	Events = 1 { tonedet/std {tl = *} }
	and it detects "d2" start tone. Which ObservedEvents descriptor MG has to notify
	ObservedEvents = 1 { tonedet/std {tid = *} }
	or something different?
Events descriptor above would match no events as tonedet itself has no individual
events ids. The only reason * is defined in tonedet is such that it does not have to
be defined in all the packages that extents it, since the meaning of * is exactly the
same no matter what package it is defined in. So you should really use this:
Events = 1 { dd/std {tl = *} }
and then on d2 start detect MG will send
ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/std {tid = d2} }

	But there is said "Extensions to this package would add
	additional possible values for tone id". Does it mean that instead of "*" we
	could use "dd" package's tones?
Not instead, but in addition to, and only in scope of dd package (see above).

	And what about "tonegen" package? In section E.3.3 is said:
	"No tone ids are specified in this package. Packages that extend this package
	can add possible values for tone id as well as adding individual tone signals".
	Does it mean, that if "dd" package extends "tonegen" package, we can use
	"tonegen/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}" form?
No, other way around, that means that dd package can use tonegen's signals
and its params, that is:
"dd/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}"

Cheers.
        Aleks

	Thanks in advance.

	-----------------------------

	From:  Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
	Subject:  Re: [Megaco] Packages extension

	>Hi,
	>
	>         Usage of signal/event IDs apply only in the scope of the package
	>which defines them, or packages that extends that package.
	>Thus you can not use d0 in tonegen, it does not know what d0 is.
	>
	>To clarify, let say there is another packages dgx which also extends
	>tonegen and also defines d0, like dg package, but it means something
	>different.
	>If you were to use base package to access d0 then you would get the same
	>tonegen/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}  As you can see there is no way to distinguish
	>which package is being used: dg or dgx.
	>
	>The answers to your questions below are:
	>dg/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}
	>dd/std {tl = [d2, d3, d4]}
	>Events = 1 { dd/std {tl = [d2, d3, d4]}}
	>ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/std {tid = d2} }
	>
	>Cheers.
	>         Aleks
	>
	>At 01:19 AM 9/3/2002, Fhuval Hittay wrote:
	>>  Hello all!
	>>In RFC there is said that "dg" package extends "tonegen" package, and does
	>it
	>>mean that I can use:
	>>    dg/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}
	>>instead of:
	>>    tonegen/pt {tl = [d0, d1]} ?
	>>
	>>Also "dd" package extends "tonedet" package. And instead of:
	>>    tonedet/std {tl = [d2, d3, d4]}
	>>I can use:
	>>    dd/std {tl = [d2, d3, d4]} ?
	>>
	>>Question is: What is the difference between theese two forms of usage?
	>Which
	>>ObservedEvents descriptor MG has to return if it has following
	>>EventsDescriptor:
	>>   Events = 1 { dd/std {tl = [d2, d3, d4]}, tonedet/std {tl = [d2, d3,
	>d4]}}
	>>and it detects f.e. "d2" stat tone:
	>>  ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/std {tid = d2} },
	>>or
	>>  ObservedEvents = 1 { tonedet/std {tid = d2} } ?
	>>
	>>Please, answer ASAP. Thanks in advance.
	>>_______________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:53:00 +0530

IMPORTANT: HUGHES SOFTWARE SYSTEMS LTD. (HSS) IS NOW FLEXTRONICS SOFTWARE
SYSTEMS LTD. (FSS)
Hi

For the signal, both the syntax have different role.
dg/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}--- MG will play d0 and d1 in sequence,

whereas
dg/d1 will only play d1.
However if the intention is to play only d1 then the later format is more
compact.

For the events, dd/* , since parameters has not been specified,  wildcard
cannot be resolved to std, etd and ltd events and thus
"ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/d2 }" is the only valid syntax..
Also note that "dd/*" alone is not a valid combination since , dd/* also
resolves to dd/ce event  and thus a valid eventDM parameters
should always be accompanied with the request.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             "Julio                                                        
             Martinez-Minguito                                             
             (AL/EAB)"                                                  To 
             <julio.martinez-m         <[email-masked]>                   
             inguito@ericsson.                                          cc 
             com>                                                          
             Sent by:                                              Subject 
             megaco-bounces@ie         [Megaco] Re: Packages extension     
             tf.org                    (question 2)                        

             06/02/2005 12:44                                              
             PM                                                            

Hi:

Thanks for your mails that had help me a lot to understand the syntax of
the extended packages.
But I still have another question:

Signals syntax is:
  dg/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}
But is it valid
  dg/d1

             Thanks for answer, but there is one more question. "tonedet"
package has "std"
             event with "tl" parameter, and that parameter has only one
possible value "*".
             Suppose such a situation: MG received following Events
descriptor
             Events = 1 { tonedet/std {tl = *} }
             and it detects "d2" start tone. Which ObservedEvents
descriptor MG has to notify
             ObservedEvents = 1 { tonedet/std {tid = *} }
             or something different?
Events descriptor above would match no events as tonedet itself has no
individual
events ids. The only reason * is defined in tonedet is such that it does
not have to
be defined in all the packages that extents it, since the meaning of * is
exactly the
same no matter what package it is defined in. So you should really use
this:
Events = 1 { dd/std {tl = *} }
and then on d2 start detect MG will send
ObservedEvents = 1 { dd/std {tid = d2} }

             But there is said "Extensions to this package would add
             additional possible values for tone id". Does it mean that
instead of "*" we
             could use "dd" package's tones?
Not instead, but in addition to, and only in scope of dd package (see
above).

             And what about "tonegen" package? In section E.3.3 is said:
             "No tone ids are specified in this package. Packages that
extend this package
             can add possible values for tone id as well as adding
individual tone signals".
             Does it mean, that if "dd" package extends "tonegen" package,
we can use
             "tonegen/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}" form?
No, other way around, that means that dd package can use tonegen's signals
and its params, that is:
"dd/pt {tl = [d0, d1]}"

Cheers.
        Aleks

             Thanks in advance.

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software 
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for 
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received 
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."