Subject: RE: [Megaco] Who is responsible for stopping remote ringback?

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:30:03 -0400

Yes.
 
With V3, you could put the ringback on the physical and play it backward
through the context, though that would have the disadvantage of not being
directly associated with the bearer path.  That means that the signal would
move with the physical even though it is more correctly associated with the
far end for that particular stream.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Raphael Tryster
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Who is responsible for stopping remote ringback?

When A calls B, the MGC applies a ringing signal to physical termination B,
ringback tone on the ephemeral created in the same context as B, and
requests off-hook on *physical* termination B.  When B goes off-hook,
signals *on that termination* are stopped.  That means the ringing stops,
but who is supposed to stop the ringback tone on the ephemeral, where no
event occurred?  Should the MG continue playing ringback tone on the
ephemeral until it gets an explicit command from the MGC to stop?
 
Raphael Tryster 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco