Subject: [Megaco] No context in wildcard

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:14:12 +0200

Many variations of this question have been discussed in the list, but I
can't find this one exactly:

If the MGC requests that an action be performed on ALL contexts, and no
contexts exist, how should the MG reply?

Note that this is not the same as no matching terms in a particular context,
or in all contexts, in which case it returns error 431.

An example where this might be used is if the MGC wants to clean up from
suspected mismatches, and sends a transaction consisting of two actions,
where the first subtracts all terminations from all contexts, and the second
requests all terminations in the null context to report when they see
off-hook.  If at least one termination exists in one context, the first
action will succeed and the second action will be performed.  If no contexts
exist, then what happens next depends on the answer to my question.  If the
MG has to return an action-level error (431?), then the second action will
not be performed.  Otherwise, it will.

Raphael Tryster

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:44:15 -0400

I believe you are looking for error 411 at the action level.  Note that the
MG will never get to the second action if there is an error in the first
action.  What you can do is send these as two different transactions in the
same message, if you are worried about messaging overhead.  If not, I see no
real reason to force these to be in the same message.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Raphael Tryster
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:14 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] No context in wildcard

Raphael Tryster