Subject: RE: [Megaco] Audit on Wildcarded Context and ROOT Termination issue-

From: "Jon Rowland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:54:54 +0100

Option 1 is correct. Options 2 and 3 are responses to a wildcard
termination audit of wildcarded context IDs as you correctly point out.
This suggests that the ETSI spec is erroneous.

Your suggested compressed scheme doesn't really add very much over the
short-text encoding of the transaction response:
!/1 [124.124.124.124]:55555
P=9999{
C=1{AV=ROOT},
C=2{AV=ROOT}
}
Hence, I'm not sure it is justifiable given it is not back-compatible.

The general problem with this type of command, when used in conjunction
with large gateways, is that the response size can get quite large,
which can be a problem when using TCP or UDP transports. This has been
addressed in V3 by the introduction of a scheme for segmenting
responses.

Jon.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of B Venkat S.R Swamy
Sent: 16 June 2005 04:57
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Audit on Wildcarded Context and ROOT Termination
issue-

Hi,

H.248.1 V1 and V2 section 7.2.5 say

Auditvalue on Termination ID Root with context ID All should return list
of all  ContextIds  (the  ContextID  list should be returned by using
multiple action replies, each containing a ContextID from the list).

Now  the  question  is:  How will the reply for the following scenario
look like?

Audit on termination ROOT with context * and empty audit descriptor

MGC to MG1:
MEGACO/1 [123.123.123.4]:55555
Transaction = 9999 {
    Context = * {
        AuditValue = ROOT { Audit {}}
    }
}

There are currently three options:

Option 1:

Audit on ROOT termination returning only context information:

MG1 to MGC:
MEGACO/1 [124.124.124.222]:55555
Reply = 9999 {
   Context = 1 {Auditvalue = ROOT},
   Context = 2 {Auditvalue = ROOT}
}

Option 2:
As per ETSI TS 101 889-2 section 5.1.9.1  "TP/MG/AV/BV-05"

MG1 to MGC:
MEGACO/1 [124.124.124.222]:55555
Reply = 9999 {
   Context = 1 {Auditvalue = A4444 , Auditvalue = A4445},
   Context = 2 {Auditvalue = A5444 , Auditvalue = A5445} }

Option 3:
condensed form of option 2 above :

MG1 to MGC:
MEGACO/1 [124.124.124.222]:55555
Reply = 9999 {
   Context = 1 {Auditvalue = Context {A4444 , A4445} },
   Context = 2 {Auditvalue = Context {A5444 , A5445} }, }

However the option2 and option3 can be obtained through- Audit on
Wildcarded context and Wildcarded termination with Empty Audit
Descriptor.

MEGACO/1 [123.123.123.4]:55555
Transaction = 9999 {
    Context = * {
        AuditValue = * { Audit {}}
    }
}

Now considering the fact that the basic objective of Audit on ROOT
termination and Context * is to get the list of context IDs only without
any termination information, an optimized solution is suggested below.
This however requires changes in the protocol grammar.

MG1 to MGC:
MEGACO/1 [124.124.124.222]:55555
Reply = 9999 {
   Context = * {Auditvalue = ROOT {1, 2} }

Request mailing list comments on the above issue, on either accepting
the above solution or discontinuing the option of sending Audit on ROOT
Termination and Context *.

Regards,
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it
is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying,
altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no
responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the
information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:33:18 +0530

Hi

The problem with the option 1 below is that for large gateways there is lot
of redundant information mainly
the "{AV=ROOT}" getting repeated unnecessarly for each action, therefore
the suggested solution is quite optimized, repeated here with short token.

MG1 to MGC:
!/1 [124.124.124.222]:55555
p=9999{
   C=*{AV = ROOT {1, 2} }

Also with the growing interest in H248 and more and more vendors asking for
compliance with the only available test suite defined by ETSI,  there is
need to address the problems that have been reported in the ETSI test
suite(ETSI TS 101 889-2) in megaco mailinglist. Are there any plans to
define a similiar test suite in ITU-T .

B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader

             "Jon Rowland"                                                 
             <Jon.Rowland@data                                             
             connection.com>                                            To 
                                       B Venkat S.R Swamy/HSS@HSS          
             06/16/2005 03:24                                           cc 
             PM                        <[email-masked]>                   
                                                                   Subject 
                                       RE: [Megaco] Audit on Wildcarded    
                                       Context and ROOT Termination issue- 

                                                                           

Jon.

-----Original Message-----

Hi,

MGC to MG1:

Option 1:

MG1 to MGC:

Option 2:

MG1 to MGC:

Option 3:

MG1 to MGC:

MG1 to MGC:

Regards,
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software 
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for 
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received 
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."