Subject: [Megaco] encode/decode al event parameter

From: "Pankaj Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:05:38 -0700

Hi

RFC 3525 section E.9 where the "al" package is described, it tells you
that init should have Boolean values of true or false.

Initial State

         ParameterID: init (0x0002)

            Type: Boolean

         Possible values:

             "True" means that the event was reported because the line
was already on-hook when the events descriptor containing this event was
activated;

             "False" means that the event represents an actual state
transition to on-hook.

Section B.2 of RFC 3015 says the following -

   ; Boolean values, indicated in the text as True and False, are

   ; encoded as "On" and "Off", respectively, in the ABNF.

This is somewhat confusing between E.9 (RFC 3525) and B.2 (RFC 3015)
whether we have to encode init as true/false or on/off.

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Kumar

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco