Subject: RE: [Megaco] Dial Plan.

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:48:05 +0200

The soft switch has freedom to do whatever works.  If the dial plan is
simple and fixed, then using the Root termination is an efficient method.
However, some special services require a context-sensitive digit map.  For
example, the regular digit map may include “Exx” (* followed by 2 digits) to
active a service.  When MGC has received the digit string, it may issue a
new digit map because this special service requires entry of more digits,
e.g. a number to which to forward calls.  This new digit map will typically
be more restrictive, as, for example, it would not include a repetition of
“Exx”.  So, the more functionality the soft switch offers, the less likely
that it can make do with a global digit map.
 
Raphael Tryster

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:28 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] Dial Plan.
 
Hello,
 
Do you know how SoftSwitches activate the dial plan ? Does they do it per
call or they send an activation on the ROOT termination ?
 
Thanks,
Tamar

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco