Subject: [Megaco] RE: Megaco Digest, Vol 14, Issue 15

From: "Pankaj Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:57:37 -0700

Hi 
Please ignore my previous mail since it was referencing to some other
RFC. I am reframing the mail with reference to Megaco V2 Draft. 

Megaco V2 section E.9 where the "al" package is described, it tells that
init should have Boolean values of true or false. It says the following
- 

	ObservedEventsDescriptor parameters 

      Initial State 
      ParameterID: init (0x0002) 

      Type: Boolean 

      Possible values: 

         "True" means that the event was reported because the line 
         was already on-hook when the events descriptor containing 
         this event was activated; 

         "False" means that the event represents an actual state 
         transition to on-hook.

Whereas in section B.2 it says the following -
	Boolean:  Boolean values are encoded as "on" and "off" and are 
      case insensitive.  The SafeChar form of VALUE MUST be used.

This is somewhat confusing between section E.9 and B.2 in Megaco V2
draft whether we have to encode init as true/false or on/off.

So I have confusion out of below two Notify messages which one is
correct.

1)    MEGACO/1 [125.125.125.111]:55555 Transaction = 50008 {
      Context = 5000 {
          Notify = A5555 {ObservedEvents =1235 {
             19990729T24020002:al/on{init=false}}
          }
      } }

2)    MEGACO/1 [125.125.125.111]:55555 Transaction = 50008 {
      Context = 5000 {
          Notify = A5555 {ObservedEvents =1235 {
             19990729T24020002:al/on{init=off}}
          }
      } }

Thanks very much.
Regards
Pankaj

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 9:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Megaco Digest, Vol 14, Issue 15

Send Megaco mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Megaco digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. encode/decode al event parameter (Pankaj Kumar)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:05:38 -0700
From: "Pankaj Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Megaco] encode/decode al event parameter
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dalbir Singh <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <C499405203244F4F8ECC637C6A8F498B019908A0@sd-exchange>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hi

RFC 3525 section E.9 where the "al" package is described, it tells you
that init should have Boolean values of true or false.

Initial State

         ParameterID: init (0x0002)

            Type: Boolean

         Possible values:

             "True" means that the event was reported because the line
was already on-hook when the events descriptor containing this event was
activated;

             "False" means that the event represents an actual state
transition to on-hook.

Section B.2 of RFC 3015 says the following -

   ; Boolean values, indicated in the text as True and False, are

   ; encoded as "On" and "Off", respectively, in the ABNF.

This is somewhat confusing between E.9 (RFC 3525) and B.2 (RFC 3015)
whether we have to encode init as true/false or on/off.

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Kumar

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://www1.ietf.org/pipermail/megaco/attachments/20050612/a9fedc52/atta
chment.htm

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

End of Megaco Digest, Vol 14, Issue 15
**************************************

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:17:46 -0400

Number 2 is correct.  Note that items listed as enumerations that took
true/false would be "true" or "false".  Because this is explicitly a
boolean, the text is encoded as "on" and "off".

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Pankaj Kumar
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 1:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] RE: Megaco Digest, Vol 14, Issue 15

Hi
Please ignore my previous mail since it was referencing to some other RFC. I
am reframing the mail with reference to Megaco V2 Draft. 

      Initial State 

      Type: Boolean 

      Possible values: 

This is somewhat confusing between section E.9 and B.2 in Megaco V2 draft
whether we have to encode init as true/false or on/off.

So I have confusion out of below two Notify messages which one is correct.

Thanks very much.
Regards
Pankaj

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 9:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Megaco Digest, Vol 14, Issue 15

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Megaco digest..."

Today's Topics:

Message: 1

Hi

RFC 3525 section E.9 where the "al" package is described, it tells you that
init should have Boolean values of true or false.

Initial State

            Type: Boolean

         Possible values:

             "True" means that the event was reported because the line was
already on-hook when the events descriptor containing this event was
activated;

This is somewhat confusing between E.9 (RFC 3525) and B.2 (RFC 3015) whether
we have to encode init as true/false or on/off.

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Kumar