Subject: RE: [Megaco] order of descriptors in remote ringback scenario

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:15:40 -0400

While yes, the remote descriptor must be present in order for the far end to
hear the signal, that itself does not preclude the signal from being
applied.  This is similar in concept to talking into a muted phone -- the
talker is certainly making noise, but the other end cannot hear anything.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Raphael Tryster
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] order of descriptors in remote ringback scenario

"Descriptors may appear as parameters to commands in any order.  The
descriptors SHALL be processed in the order in which they appear".

When remote ringback is required, the MGC adds an ephemeral termination to
the context containing the called party, with signal descriptor cg/rt, and
remote descriptor giving the address of the calling party who should hear
the ringback tone.  If the called party's MG processes the signal descriptor
before the remote descriptor, it will not know where to send the ringback
signal.  Therefore, the MGC must place the ephemeral termination's media
descriptor before the signal descriptor.  Is this correct?

Raphael Tryster 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: John Lazarus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:05:29 -0700

I would have thought that a 441 "Missing Remote or Local Descriptor"
would be generated if a Signal is requested to be played and there
is no Remote descriptor. If this is not the case, when would this
error be generated?

John