Subject: RE: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount of Termination IDs

From: Tamar Nemet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:05:43 +0300

Can the SoftSwitch use different FQDNs for virtual media gateways and not
the ip address and port of the physical Media gateway ?
 
Tamar

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:17 PM
To: 'Tamar Nemet'; [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount of Termination IDs

They can use different UDP ports.  The answer to your second question is No,
but I would also be interested to hear different answers from others.
 
Raphael Tryster

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:31 PM
To: Raphael Tryster; Tamar Nemet; [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount of Termination IDs

 Hello raphael, 

 Thanks for your answer. But I can't understand how the SoftSwitch can use
multiple ROOTs if the all the Virtual Media Gateways has the same IP address
?
 
Did you see any SoftSwitch that uses the Virtual MediaGateways ?
 
Thanks,
Tamar 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:54 PM
To: 'Tamar Nemet'; [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount of Termination IDs
There is no requirement to artificially split a large gateway into multiple
virtual MGs.  You might have other reasons for wanting to split it.  For
example, there might be different sets of global characteristics that you
want to set differently for subsets of your terminations, so you would like
to have multiple ROOTs.  Or, you might want different sets of terminations
to be controlled by different soft switches.
 
Raphael Tryster

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:22 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount of Termination IDs
 
Hello,
 
I have some questions regarding Virtual media gateway:
 
1. I have one physical media gateway (with one IP address). We can define up
to 4400 Termination IDs on this media gateway.
    Does we have to devide the termination IDs to some virtual media
gateways or we can work with no virtual media gateway ?
 
2. Does SoftSwitches uses the Virtual Media Gatway object? for what ?
 
Thanks,
Tamar
 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:41:22 +0200

Addressing IP interfaces of a H.248 MG is NO rationale for the introduction
of VMGs.
There are typically other requirements driving for VMG approaches. Even so,
the VMGs may share address space, or use disjoint IP addresses for the
diversity of IP applications served by a VoIP MG. This depends on the
specific use case and underlying network architecture.

So, please not misread § 11.1/H.248.1.

Rgds,
Albrecht
ALCATEL

                      Tamar Nemet                                                                                                     
                      <tamar.nemet@com         To:      "'Raphael Tryster'" <[email-masked]>, Tamar Nemet                         
                      match.com>               <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>                      
                      Sent by:                 cc:                                                                                    
                      megaco-bounces@i         Subject: RE: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount of Termination IDs             
                      etf.org                                                                                                         

                      08.06.2005 14:05                                                                                                

Tamar

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]]
      Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:17 PM
      To: 'Tamar Nemet'; [email-masked]'
      Subject: RE: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount of
      Termination IDs

      They can use different UDP ports.  The answer to your second question
      is No, but I would also be interested to hear different answers from
      others.

      Raphael Tryster

            -----Original Message-----
            From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]]
            Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:31 PM
            To: Raphael Tryster; Tamar Nemet; [email-masked]'
            Subject: RE: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount of
            Termination IDs

             Hello raphael,

             Thanks for your answer. But I can't understand how the
            SoftSwitch can use multiple ROOTs if the all the Virtual Media
            Gateways has the same IP address ?

            Did you see any SoftSwitch that uses the Virtual MediaGateways
            ?

            Thanks,
            Tamar

                  -----Original Message-----
                  From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]]
                  Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:54 PM
                  To: 'Tamar Nemet'; [email-masked]'
                  Subject: RE: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount
                  of Termination IDs
                  There is no requirement to artificially split a large
                  gateway into multiple virtual MGs.  You might have other
                  reasons for wanting to split it.  For example, there
                  might be different sets of global characteristics that
                  you want to set differently for subsets of your
                  terminations, so you would like to have multiple ROOTs.
                  Or, you might want different sets of terminations to be
                  controlled by different soft switches.

                  Raphael Tryster

                        -----Original Message-----
                        From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]]
                        Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:22 AM
                        To: [email-masked]'
                        Subject: [Megaco] Virtual Media Gateways and amount
                        of Termination IDs

                        Hello,

                        I have some questions regarding Virtual media
                        gateway:

                        1. I have one physical media gateway (with one IP
                        address). We can define up to 4400 Termination IDs
                        on this media gateway.
                            Does we have to devide the termination IDs to
                        some virtual media gateways or we can work with no
                        virtual media gateway ?

                        2. Does SoftSwitches uses the Virtual Media Gatway
                        object? for what ?

                        Thanks,
                        Tamar