Subject: [Megaco] Arming an event

From: Sachin Srivastava <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:51:54 +0530

Hi All,

I have a doubt in understanding the following excerpt from the draft.

"An EventsDescriptor or EventBufferDescriptor is considered to have
been processed when it has been established that the descriptor is
syntactically valid, the requested events can be observed, any
embedded signals can be generated, any embedded events can be
detected, and the MG has been brought into a state in which the events
will be detected."

Does this mean that, the access gateway has to send this information
to linecard to reserve resources etc. to enable generation of embedded
signals, detect embedded events and observe requested events.

Thanks,
Sachin Srivastava

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:45:31 +0200

The MG has to know that it is able to ready to do the things mentioned in
your quote.  Whether it uses inter-card messages to accomplish this is an
implementation detail.

That's the short answer.  What may complicate your task is if you don't know
when the command is received whether you will be able to perform all the
functions later, e.g. play a signal next month when the event occurs.  Some
aspects of this are discussed in part of a thread in this list entitled
"State of the termination after failure of a command", from 21/10/2002.

Raphael Tryster

-----Original Message-----
From: Sachin Srivastava [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Arming an event

Hi All,

Thanks,
Sachin Srivastava