Subject: [Megaco] A question about the inactive digitmap

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:37:23 +0800

Hi all:

 This day we came across such a problem:

The SoftSwitch send such a event descriptor to a gateway:

E={dd/ce{Digitmap=dialplan}},
DigitMap=dialplan{(#x.|*)}

then someone quikly dials #52* on the gateway.

#52 matches event sequence "#*.", but there may be more digit events,
so a timer is started to wait for more digits.

before the timer expires the gateway detects '*'

#52* matches no event sequences in the digitmap, So '#52' is reported with
method 'FM'.'*' is removed from the dial sequence.

Everything senses to has been finished .

BUT  what should we do about '*'?

      RFC 3525

      7.1.14.5 DigitMap Procedures

       5) If exactly one candidate remains and it has been fully matched, a
               completion event is generated indicating an unambiguous
match.  If
         no candidates remain, the latest event is removed from the current
         dial string and a completion event is generated indicating full
         match if one of the candidates from the previous step was fully
         satisfied before the latest event was detected, or partial match
          otherwise.  The event removed from the current dial string will
         then be reported as per the currently active event processing
         mechanisms.

The last sentence says:
           The event removed from the current dial string will
         then be reported as per the currently active event processing
         mechanisms.

It means that: After the gateway reports #52, it should report the event
'*' as per the currently active event processing mechanisms.

        RFC 3525
        7.1.9 event descriptor

        Unless the Events Descriptor is replaced by another
        Events Descriptor, it remains active after an event has been
       recognized.

We knows that the event descriptor "E={dd/ce{Digitmap=dialplan}}"
is still active after the gateway sends '#52',so the gateway report
 the event '*' as per "E={dd/ce{Digitmap=dialplan}}",but right
now the digitmap has become inactive after the gateway reports '#52'.

Then What should the gateway do about '*' ?

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:27:43 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] A question about the inactive digitmap

Hi all:

[KJBII] You mean {(Fx.|E)}, perhaps?

#52 matches event sequence "#*.", but there may be more digit events, so
a timer is started to wait for more digits.

[KJBII] The S timer to be specific.  Because you already have a match
candidate, the short timer is employed.

#52* matches no event sequences in the digitmap, So '#52' is reported
with method 'FM'.'*' is removed from the dial sequence.

      RFC 3525

       5) If exactly one candidate remains and it has been fully
matched, a
               completion event is generated indicating an unambiguous
match.  If
         no candidates remain, the latest event is removed from the
current
         dial string and a completion event is generated indicating full
         match if one of the candidates from the previous step was fully
         satisfied before the latest event was detected, or partial
match
          otherwise.  The event removed from the current dial string
will
         then be reported as per the currently active event processing
         mechanisms.

The last sentence says:

        RFC 3525
        7.1.9 event descriptor

We knows that the event descriptor "E={dd/ce{Digitmap=dialplan}}"
is still active after the gateway sends '#52',so the gateway report  the
event '*' as per "E={dd/ce{Digitmap=dialplan}}",but right now the
digitmap has become inactive after the gateway reports '#52'.

[KJBII] It buffers the digit and behaves as per clause 7.1.14.4.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:46:19 +0800

Hi :

   7.1.14.4 is about what a digitmap complete event is with a active
digitmap

but what should we do with a inactive digitmap when we have a digit '*'?

   should we buffer the digit '*', wait for the next event desciptor and
act
according to the new coming event descriptor?(The EventBuf is Inactive
right now)

                      "Kevin Boyle"                                                                                                    
                      <[email-masked]        收件人：  <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>                               
                      m>                       抄送：                                                                                  
                                               主题：    RE: [Megaco] A question about the inactive digitmap                           
                      2005-07-22 01:27                                                                                                 

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----

Hi all:

      RFC 3525

The last sentence says:

        RFC 3525
        7.1.9 event descriptor

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:47:19 -0400

7.1.14.4 also deals with what to do AFTER the completion event completes
and the DigitMap is disabled.  To quote:

"Upon completion, a DigitMap completion event, as defined in the package
providing the events being mapped into the DigitMap, shall be generated.
At that point, the DigitMap is deactivated. Subsequent events in the
package are processed as follows:"
etc.

The handling of the digit is explained in the second bullet thereafter.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:46 PM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: RE: [Megaco] A question about the inactive digitmap

Hi :

   should we buffer the digit '*', wait for the next event desciptor and
act according to the new coming event descriptor?(The EventBuf is
Inactive right now)

                      "Kevin Boyle"

                      <[email-masked]        �ռ��ˣ�
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

                      m>                       ���ͣ�

                                               ���⣺    RE: [Megaco] A
question about the inactive digitmap                           
                      2005-07-22 01:27

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----

Hi all:

      RFC 3525

The last sentence says:

        RFC 3525
        7.1.9 event descriptor

---

From: "Karthikeyan Sankaran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:40:05 -0700

HI Kevin,

I could not understand why you said that "*" should be buffered since the basic package doesn't contain the "bc" and rfc clearly says 

" Buffering time defaults to zero (no buffering) unless explicitly set 
      otherwise within the digit map completion event.  If buffering ceases 
      due to buffering timer expiry, the contents of the digit buffer are 
      discarded. "

it defaults to 0. If digit buffering is controlled by this timer value then how long the "*" will be buffered.

Request to clarify.

Thanks and Regards
Karthik

Note:

" If EventBufferControl is OFF, if the active EventsDescriptor did 
         not change, and if individual digit events are not enabled within 
         that descriptor, then digit buffering will be initiated.  
         Buffering will continue until the buffering time specified in the 
         original digit map completion event has expired or until the 
         active EventsDescriptor is replaced."

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kevin Boyle
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 9:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: RE: [Megaco] A question about the inactive digitmap

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:46 PM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: RE: [Megaco] A question about the inactive digitmap

Hi :

 

                      "Kevin Boyle"

                      <[email-masked]        ÊÕ¼þÈË£º
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

                      m>                       ³ËÍ£º

                                               Ö÷Ìâ£º    RE: [Megaco] A

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----

Hi all:

      RFC 3525

The last sentence says:

        RFC 3525
        7.1.9 event descriptor

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:24:23 -0400

I believe I said that it buffers the digit as per 7.1.14.4.  That means
that the procedures of that section are followed when buffering.  So, in
the case where no buffering is specified, the digit is discarded.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Karthikeyan Sankaran
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 1:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: RE: [Megaco] A question about the inactive digitmap

HI Kevin,

I could not understand why you said that "*" should be buffered since
the basic package doesn't contain the "bc" and rfc clearly says 

" Buffering time defaults to zero (no buffering) unless explicitly set 
      otherwise within the digit map completion event.  If buffering
ceases 
      due to buffering timer expiry, the contents of the digit buffer
are 
      discarded. "

it defaults to 0. If digit buffering is controlled by this timer value
then how long the "*" will be buffered.

Request to clarify.

Thanks and Regards
Karthik

Note:

" If EventBufferControl is OFF, if the active EventsDescriptor did 
         not change, and if individual digit events are not enabled
within 
         that descriptor, then digit buffering will be initiated.  
         Buffering will continue until the buffering time specified in
the 
         original digit map completion event has expired or until the 
         active EventsDescriptor is replaced."

-----Original Message-----
Of Kevin Boyle

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:46 PM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: RE: [Megaco] A question about the inactive digitmap

Hi :

 

                      "Kevin Boyle"

                      <[email-masked]        �ռ��ˣ�

                      m>                       ���ͣ�

                                               ���⣺    RE: [Megaco] A

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----

Hi all:

      RFC 3525

The last sentence says:

        RFC 3525
        7.1.9 event descriptor