Subject: [Megaco] Move command and Audit Value command

From: Tamar Nemet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:15:05 +0300

Hello,
 
I have two questions:
 
1. Move command: Is there two context IDs in this command (for moving a
termination ID from one context to another) or only one context ID and one
termination ID?
 
2. Audit Value command: For how much time should the MG save the events and
signals requested by the MGC in order to reply an Audit value command with
events descriptor and signal descriptor ?
 
For example:  If the MGC ask the MG to generate dial tone, and the Audit
Value command with signals is been sent by MGC, does the MG have to send a
reply with dial tone event if the dial tone generation has been already
completed ?
 
One more example: If the MGC ask the MG to notify about off hook, and the
Audit value command is been sent after the off hook has been notified to the
MGC, does the MG should include the off hook event in it's reply ?
 
Thanks,
Tamar
 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:34:50 +0200

Inline.
 
Raphael Tryster

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Victoria Mendelevich; Rima Mazorov; Dina Galansky
Subject: [Megaco] Move command and Audit Value command
 
Hello,
 
I have two questions:

“The Move command is the only command that refers to a Termination in a
Context different from that to which the command is applied”.  The MGC gives
the destination context, and the MG should know from which context the
termination is to be moved.

As long as they are in effect.  An event descriptor is in effect until
changed by either the occurrence of the event and automatic activation of an
embedded event descriptor, or a new event descriptor from the MGC.  With
signals, it depends on the type.  A brief signal may be thought of as ending
at the same time it starts, so you usually won’t receive it in an audit
unless it is waiting behind another signal in a signal list.  A timeout
signal ends when it times out or an event occurs to stop it.  An on/off
signal is in effect until explicitly turned off.
 
You can see a discussion about this in a thread entitled “Signal Descriptor
Doubts” that ran in this list from the 6th to the 17th of January 2003.

Per the above explanation, no, because at that point the dial tone signal is
no longer part of the signal descriptor.
 
One more example: If the MGC ask the MG to notify about off hook, and the
Audit value command is been sent after the off hook has been notified to the
MGC, does the MG should include the off hook event in its reply ?
 
Yes, provided that there was no embedded descriptor and the MGC has not
supplied a new one.
 
Thanks,
Tamar

---

From: "Stephen Mell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:21:24 +0100

More comments wrt. LockStep mode in-line:

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Victoria Mendelevich; Rima Mazorov; Dina Galansky
Subject: [Megaco] Move command and Audit Value command
 
Hello,
 
I have two questions:

"The Move command is the only command that refers to a Termination in a
Context different from that to which the command is applied".  The MGC 
gives
the destination context, and the MG should know from which context the
termination is to be moved.
 
2. Audit Value command: For how much time should the MG save the events 
and
signals requested by the MGC in order to reply an Audit value command with
events descriptor and signal descriptor ?
 
As long as they are in effect.  An event descriptor is in effect until
changed by either the occurrence of the event and automatic activation of 
an
embedded event descriptor, or a new event descriptor from the MGC. 

SM >> Also, when in Buffer=LockStep mode the events descriptor becomes 
stale and
SM >> is effectively disgarded as soon as an event is reported against it 
(if there is no embedding). 
SM >> It would not be correct to report such a descriptor in an event 
audit if 
SM >> the termination is in lockstep mode, as the MGC would assume from 
the
SM >> audit result that these events can subsequently be detected, which 
is 
SM >> not true. Under these conditions the Termination should report an 
empty
SM >> events descriptor.

With signals, it depends on the type.  A brief signal may be thought of 
as ending at the same time it starts, so you usually won't receive it in 
an audit unless it is waiting behind another signal in a signal list. 
A timeout signal ends when it times out or an event occurs to stop it.  An 
on/off
signal is in effect until explicitly turned off.

You can see a discussion about this in a thread entitled "Signal 
Descriptor
Doubts" that ran in this list from the 6th to the 17th of January 2003.

Per the above explanation, no, because at that point the dial tone signal 
is
no longer part of the signal descriptor.
 
One more example: If the MGC ask the MG to notify about off hook, and the
Audit value command is been sent after the off hook has been notified to 
the
MGC, does the MG should include the off hook event in its reply ?

Thanks,
Tamar