Subject: [Megaco] A question about package used for collecting numbers.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:00:55 +0800

I have 3 questions:

  (1)  How many packages are used for collecting numbers from MG to MGC ?
And what are they?

  (2)  What is the advantage and disadvantage of each packages ?

  (3)  Up to now, Which is the best package for collecting numbers from MG
to MGC ?

  Thanks!

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:19:23 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 2:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] A question about package used for collecting numbers.

I have 3 questions:

  (1)  How many packages are used for collecting numbers from MG to MGC
?
And what are they?

[KJBII] There are lots of packages that collect digits.  I am assuming
you mean digit collection as it pertains to line originations.  In this
case, there are two main packages: dd and xdd.

[KJBII] dd is the most widely implemented, though under very complex
dial plans, there is the possibility that it can lose digits or cause
inordinate dial delays.  The xdd package accounts for the shortcomings
of dd by allowing digit buffering between DigitMaps and allows use of a
shortest possible match algorithm which minimizes post-dial delay.

  (3)  Up to now, Which is the best package for collecting numbers from
MG to MGC ?

[KJBII] I have found that very simple dial plans can use dd and be
adequately functional.  If the dial plan starts to require things like
multiple DigitMaps or has other complexities, xdd generally works better
and allows for simpler DigitMap construction.

  Thanks!