Subject: [Megaco] T.38 MGC Transitioning Method

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:41:22 -0700

How are people using SDP to advertise support for T.38oUDPTL as a latent
capability (the UDPTL port is not active) in conjunction with the MGC
Transitioning Method of T.38 (04/2004)? With the example call flow in
Appendix III.2.1, the Media Gateway does not advertise support for T.38
at the time the call is established. Step 4 hints that a second session
description with the T.38 port set to zero COULD be used,

	m=image 0 udptl t38

However, this is not required and wouldn't seem to play well in terms of
H.248-SIP interworking.

Has anyone leveraged RFC 3407 syntax in conjunction with H.248,

        m=audio 3456 RTP/AVP 0  
        a=sqn: 0  
        a=cdsc: 1 audio RTP/AVP 0
        a=cdsc: 2 image udptl t38  

Joe Stone

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco