Subject: [Megaco] ADD to a terminationID and ADD to ephemeral

From: Tamar Nemet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:38:12 +0300

Hello,

 Does anybody know if an ADD command with ephemeral termination can come
before ADD command with a physical terminationID ?

Thanks,
Tamar 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:28:23 +0200

The short answer is "yes".

This has been discussed before in the list.  Ephemerals might be added to a
context before physical terminations, or even without any physical
terminations, e.g. in a conference server.  You can see this in a thread
called "4 Ephemeral terminations and no physical" in January 2004, and in
other threads that I can't find right now.

I am guessing that you ask this question to try to find a way around your
previous question, how to tell whether $ means choose a physical or
ephemeral termination.  This has also been discussed several times.  Look
for a thread entitled "Race condition between Modify and Subtract",
afterwards renamed "ADD with CHOOSE (was RE: [Megaco] Race condition between
Modify a nd  Subtract)", from November 2001.  Other relevant threads are
called "how to create a user-defined termination" from July 2002, "Questions
about Add" from September 2002, and "Add and CHOOSE" frm January 2004.

Raphael Tryster

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 1:38 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: Rima Mazorov
Subject: [Megaco] ADD to a terminationID and ADD to ephemeral

 Hello,

Thanks,
Tamar

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:19:19 -0400

Remember, physical and ephemeral terminations are completely independent
entities.  There is not permitted to be any linkage between them.  The
only time they are related in any way is when they happen to be in a
context together.
 
Kevin

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Raphael Tryster
	Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 9:28 AM
	To: 'Tamar Nemet'; [email-masked]'
	Cc: Mazorov, Rima [Business:TELRD:TELRD]
	Subject: RE: [Megaco] ADD to a terminationID and ADD to
ephemeral

	This has been discussed before in the list.  Ephemerals might be
added to a context before physical terminations, or even without any
physical terminations, e.g. in a conference server.  You can see this in
a thread called "4 Ephemeral terminations and no physical" in January
2004, and in other threads that I can't find right now.

	I am guessing that you ask this question to try to find a way
around your previous question, how to tell whether $ means choose a
physical or ephemeral termination.  This has also been discussed several
times.  Look for a thread entitled "Race condition between Modify and
Subtract", afterwards renamed "ADD with CHOOSE (was RE: [Megaco] Race
condition between Modify a nd  Subtract)", from November 2001.  Other
relevant threads are called "how to create a user-defined termination"
from July 2002, "Questions about Add" from September 2002, and "Add and
CHOOSE" frm January 2004.

	Raphael Tryster 

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 1:38 PM 
	To: [email-masked]' 
	Cc: Rima Mazorov 
	Subject: [Megaco] ADD to a terminationID and ADD to ephemeral 

	 Hello, 

	 Does anybody know if an ADD command with ephemeral termination
can come 
	before ADD command with a physical terminationID ? 

	Thanks, 
	Tamar