Subject: [Megaco] Question about Multiplex descriptor

From: "FCG Long Hai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:27:48 +0800

Hi, all

  May I ask a question about Multiplex descriptor?

  If gateway wants to support multiplex descriptor, in the scenario
illustrated in following diagram (Figure 4), how many terminations exist
in context?

1), 2 Terminations. (Tmux and TR1)

2), 5 terminations (TC1, TC2, TC3, Tmux, TR1).

3), Or other choice.

  If the ephemeral termination is in the context, Shall I include it in
the reply message to MGC for request has a multiplex descriptor?

  Thanks!

BR

Long hai

                  +-----------------------------------+

                  | Context     +-------+             |

                 +----+         |       |             |

   Circuit 1 -|--| TC1|---------+ Tmux  |             |

              |  +----+ (Str 1) |       |  Audio    +-----+

              |   |             |       +-----*-----+     |-----

              |  +----+         | H.22x | Stream 1  |     |

   Circuit 2 -|--| TC2|---------+ multi-|           | TR1 |

              |  +----+ (Str 1) | plex  |           |(RTP)|

              |   |             |       |  Video    |     |

              |  +----+         |       +-----*-----+     |-----

   Circuit 3 -|--| TC3|---------+       | Stream 2  |     |

              /  +----+ (Str 1) |       |           +-----+

             /    |             +-------+             |

            /     +-----------------\-----------------+

   Audio, video, and control         \

   signals are carried in frames    Tmux is an ephemeral with two

   spanning the circuits.           explicit Stream Descriptors

                                    and a Multiplex Descriptor.

      Figure 4: Multiplexed Termination Scenario - Circuit to Packet

              (Asterisks * denote the centre of the context)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:24:34 -0400

There are 5 terminations in the context: The three physical
terminations, one multiplexing termination and one ephemeral.  The
ephemeral is unrelated to the multiplexing termination, other than it
passes packets to/from the mux termination on the muxed streams.  When
dealing with the mux termination, only the physical terminations it is
muxing/demuxing are implied.
 
Kevin

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of FCG Long Hai
	Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 4:28 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] Question about Multiplex descriptor

	Hi, all

	  If gateway wants to support multiplex descriptor, in the
scenario illustrated in following diagram (Figure 4), how many
terminations exist in context?

	3), Or other choice.

	  If the ephemeral termination is in the context, Shall I
include it in the reply message to MGC for request has a multiplex
descriptor?

	  Thanks!

	BR

	Long hai

	                  | Context     +-------+             |

	                 +----+         |       |             |

	              |   |             |       |  Video    |     |

	             /    |             +-------+             |

	   signals are carried in frames    Tmux is an ephemeral with
two

	      Figure 4: Multiplexed Termination Scenario - Circuit to
Packet