Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:59:56 -0500

Per H.248, you are correct -- the audio and video would be two separate
streams between the terminations.  Under H.248, the streams are
synchronized within the the context by definition.  How this is achieved
within the MG is a matter of implementation, though there are IETF RFCs
and drafts that deal with how to keep audio and video RTP streams
aligned.
 
Kevin

________________________________

	From: Osher Hmelnizky [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 10:49 AM
	To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]; [email-masked]
	Cc: Oren Kudovitzky; Shahaf Rozanski; Uri Shapen; Nurit Shenhar
	Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

	Hello Kevin, 

	May be I missing something, I still can't understand how can I
play Video & Audio inside the same signal. It may be in two different
signal (inside the same request), but how can I ensure Audio& Video
synchronization.

	Thanks

	Kind Regards

	Osher

________________________________

	From: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 5:08 PM
	To: Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
	Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

	Most of H.248.9 can be used for video, though the original
development intent was audio.  For video conferencing under H.248, see
H.248.19.

	For the most part, video streams are setup and manipulated under
H.248 as audio or text or any other kinds of multimedia streams.

	Kevin

________________________________

		From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Osher Hmelnizky
		Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 9:05 AM
		To: [email-masked]
		Subject: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

		Hello,

		I have a question regarding Video Streaming over Megaco.
H248-9 defines package for advanced audio server (including advanced
play/playrecord/playcollect & conferencing).

		I wonder if it is some work in progress regarding the
same for video. 

		I see a lot protocols under development over the sip
protocol, to control video&audio streaming on the one side and advanced
video conference on another.

		Thanks in advance.

		Kind regards

		Osher

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Michael DiGioia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:52:45 -0800 (PST)

The RTP/MPEG RFC assumes MPEG streams. Are you looking to just encapsulate unrelated streams or ones without any embedded sync info?
   
  /mpd

Kevin Boyle <[email-masked]> wrote:

Kevin

Hello Kevin, 

Thanks

Kind Regards

Osher

Kevin

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Osher

			
---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Mail
 Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.