Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:47:03 -0500

Well... I'm not sure how useful synchronization would be if it didn't
include lip synch... Isn't that kind of the point?

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF) [mailto:[email-masked]]

Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:20 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]; Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
Cc: Shahaf Rozanski; Nurit Shenhar; Oren Kudovitzky
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

Hi,

So, you are saying that things like "lip synch" is done "as part of the
definition"?

Regards,

Christer 

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 14. helmikuuta 2006 16:54
To: Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF); Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
Cc: Shahaf Rozanski; Nurit Shenhar; Oren Kudovitzky
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

Well, I took it to mean that audio and video streams are synchronized --
that is, that the audio aligns with the video such that video of people
talking is aligned with the respective voices.  That sort of thing.

Granted, there is nothing preventing unrelated streams from being
simultaneously played out. In this instance, I do not think the
requirement refers to any need to try to force the impossible.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Christer Holmberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 11:34 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]; Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
Cc: Shahaf Rozanski; Nurit Shenhar; Oren Kudovitzky
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

Hi,

I know what the spec says - I just wonder what it really means :)

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:02:41 -0500

Oddly enough, it's my work on RFC 2833bis that sensitized me to this 
point: the MG may not be the best point along the media path to do the 
synchronization. In fact, I would expect that the best point is at the 
destination end for the media flows concerned, since the necessary 
buffering would also cover inter-stream jitter. The problem, of course, 
is that there is no way to line up the RTP timestamps on the audio and 
video (and perhaps text) streams unless they are all packaged together 
in some sort of multiplex. What do people do about this in practice?