Subject: 答复: [Megaco] Tracking Abandoned Contexts

From: "FCG SHI Hao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:19:04 +0800

How does MG notify MGC that current procedure is a Cold Boot? Is it to use the ServiceChangeReason "901 Cold Boot"?
ServiceChangeMethod and ServiceChangeReason are different parameters. They can have all kinds of combinations,
such as "Restart" with "901 Cold Boot",  "Restart" with "902 Warm Boot" or "Restart" with "900 Service Restored". My question is
whether these ServiceChangeReason are meanful for current process and whether MGC should judge these reasons to get 
which kind operation MG is doing or have done. I think if MGC receives a ServiceChange "Restart" with Reason "902 Warm Boot",
it should not assume MG has destroyed all the contexts and ephemerals.

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]代表
Kevin Boyle
发送时间: 2006年2月8日 1:14
收件人: Alon Tal; [email-masked]
主题: RE: [Megaco] Tracking Abandoned Contexts

Until such time as the MG receives a Subtract Command in an established
control association with the primary or a secondary MGC, yes, the
context must be maintained.  MGs may not autonomously destroy ephemerals
or contexts. The exception to this is a Cold Boot, at which time all
contexts and ephemerals are deemed to have been destroyed.

As for "keepalives", there are many ways to achieve this function.  From
the MGC to the MG, there are a number of "no-op" kinds of messages that
can be used, though the most popular by my experience is an empty Audit
on Root.  From the MG to the MGC, H.248.14 specifies a package and
methodology that the MG can use to check its link state to the MGC.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Alon Tal
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Tracking Abandoned Contexts

Is there any accepted (or mandated) standard on deciding when a Megaco
context has been abandoned?

For example:
  1) A termination is added to a context
  2) The connection between the MG and MGC _silently_ dies.
  3) No SUBTRACT can thus arrive to the MG.

Will the MG then need to keep the context around forever? 

What is the accepted behavior? Expect a periodic message as a keepalive,
and drop the context after a certain period without any new messages? 
If so, what would a reasonable period of that keepalive-timeout be?

Thanks,
Alon

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco