Subject: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

From: "Osher Hmelnizky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:04:50 +0200

Hello,

I have a question regarding Video Streaming over Megaco. H248-9 defines
package for advanced audio server (including advanced
play/playrecord/playcollect & conferencing).

I wonder if it is some work in progress regarding the same for video. 

I see a lot protocols under development over the sip protocol, to
control video&audio streaming on the one side and advanced video
conference on another.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Osher

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:07:56 -0500

Most of H.248.9 can be used for video, though the original development
intent was audio.  For video conferencing under H.248, see H.248.19.
 
For the most part, video streams are setup and manipulated under H.248
as audio or text or any other kinds of multimedia streams.
 
Kevin

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Osher Hmelnizky
	Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 9:05 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

	Hello,

	I have a question regarding Video Streaming over Megaco. H248-9
defines package for advanced audio server (including advanced
play/playrecord/playcollect & conferencing).

	I wonder if it is some work in progress regarding the same for
video. 

	I see a lot protocols under development over the sip protocol,
to control video&audio streaming on the one side and advanced video
conference on another.

	Thanks in advance.

	Kind regards

	Osher

---

From: "Osher Hmelnizky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:48:45 +0200

Hello Kevin, 

May be I missing something, I still can't understand how can I play
Video & Audio inside the same signal. It may be in two different signal
(inside the same request), but how can I ensure Audio& Video
synchronization.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Osher

From: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 5:08 PM
To: Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

Kevin

	Hello,

	Thanks in advance.

	Kind regards

	Osher

---

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:04:22 +0200

Hi Kevin,

What exactly do you mean by "synchronized", when you refer to what you claim is specified by definition?

Regards,

Christer

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:49:56 -0500

>From section 7.1.4, Media Descriptor: "Multiple streams exiting a
termination shall be synchronized with each other."

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Christer Holmberg [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 5:04 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]; Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
Cc: Shahaf Rozanski; Oren Kudovitzky; Nurit Shenhar
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

Hi Kevin,

What exactly do you mean by "synchronized", when you refer to what you
claim is specified by definition?

Regards,

Christer

---

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:34:05 +0200

Hi,

I know what the spec says - I just wonder what it really means :)

Regards,

Christer

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:54:10 -0500

Well, I took it to mean that audio and video streams are synchronized --
that is, that the audio aligns with the video such that video of people
talking is aligned with the respective voices.  That sort of thing.

Granted, there is nothing preventing unrelated streams from being
simultaneously played out. In this instance, I do not think the
requirement refers to any need to try to force the impossible.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Christer Holmberg [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 11:34 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]; Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
Cc: Shahaf Rozanski; Nurit Shenhar; Oren Kudovitzky
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

Hi,

Regards,

Christer

---

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:19:41 +0100

Hi,

So, you are saying that things like "lip synch" is done "as part of the
definition"?

Regards,

Christer 

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 14. helmikuuta 2006 16:54
To: Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF); Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
Cc: Shahaf Rozanski; Nurit Shenhar; Oren Kudovitzky
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Christer Holmberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 11:34 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]; Osher Hmelnizky; [email-masked]
Cc: Shahaf Rozanski; Nurit Shenhar; Oren Kudovitzky
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Video Media Streaming over Megaco

Hi,

Regards,

Christer