Subject: [Megaco] MGC Failure

From: Leandro Nobre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:48:55 -0300

I would like some clarification on the MGC failure procedure.

According to usual understanding of RFC3015 and its annex 14, there are two
ways to detect failure in the link:

1)       MGC sending auditvalue to MG

2)       MG sending notify it/ito in a predefined interval to check link
status

My point of view is that this "notify" should also be used to detect failure
in the master MGC, when the notify reply is not received in MG side.

I have heard opinions that notify it/ito should be used only for inactivity
testing, not to detect MGC failure. 
Which one is correct?

Thanks for the support!

Leandro Nobre

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:13:41 +0530

Hi

I would recommend you to refer the H248.1 V3, Annex F for the control association procedures.

Protocol has clearly identified the MGC failure procedures, wherein MG sends ServiceChange with method as either Disconnected

or Failover and reason as "MGC Impending Failure".

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

Leandro Nobre <[email-masked]>

Leandro Nobre <[email-masked]>

Sent by: [email-masked]

02/15/2006 11:48 PM

To

[email-masked]

cc

Subject

[Megaco] MGC Failure

According to usual understanding of RFC3015 and its annex 14, there are two ways to detect failure in the link:

2) MG sending notify it/ito in a predefined interval to check link status

My point of view is that this “notify” should also be used to detect failure in the master MGC, when the notify reply is not received in MG side.

I have heard opinions that notify it/ito should be used only for inactivity testing, not to detect MGC failure.

Which one is correct?

Thanks for the support!

Leandro Nobre_______________________________________________

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."