Subject: [Megaco] Question about syntax

From: "savinka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:24:54 +0300 (MSK)

Hello,
can somebody answer to my question about syntax of the TerminationID value?!
There is a phrase from RFC 3525:
....TerminationID        = "ROOT" / pathNAME / "$" / "*".......

..Total length of pathNAME must not exceed 64 chars.
   pathNAME        = ["*"] NAME *("/" / "*"/ ALPHA / DIGIT /"_" / "$" )
                          ["@" pathDomainName ]........

Does this phrase allow me to use, for example, TerminationID: R2/01/01  or I should use only TerminationID: R2/1/1 for the same case? Is it critical to use additional zero preceding one?

Best regards,
Stan

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Sudhanshu Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:47:05 +0530

Hi,

As per the Megaco protocol syntax, TerminationID: R2/01/01 as well as TerminationID: R2/1/1 are allowed.

The understanding of fully specified termination ID is implementation specific. So the criticality of using additional zero preceding one depends on implementation.

Note: RFC 3525 is obsolete now, so one should refer H.248.1 V1/V2/V3 and their corresponding corrigendum/sub-series published by ITU-T.

Regards,

Sudhanshu.

Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124-4176301 extn 5109

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

"savinka" <[email-masked]>

"savinka" <[email-masked]>

02/28/2006 06:54 PM

Please respond to

[email-masked]

To

[email-masked]

cc

Subject

[Megaco] Question about syntax

Hello,

Best regards,

Stan

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:50:25 +0100

Like to add that the TerminationID structure and syntax might be further
refined by H.248 Profile specifications (e.g., see 3GPP 29.332, 3GPP
29.232, ETSI ES 283 002, ETSI ES 283 024, ETSI ES 283 018, ...).
- Albrecht

                      Sudhanshu Garg                                                                                                            
                      <sudhanshu.garg@flextronicsso         To:      [email-masked]                                                          
                      ftware.com>                           cc:      [email-masked]                                                            
                                                            Subject: Re: [Megaco] Question about syntax                                         
                      28.02.2006 15:17                                                                                                          

Hi,

As per the Megaco protocol syntax, TerminationID: R2/01/01 as well as
TerminationID: R2/1/1 are allowed.
The understanding of fully specified termination ID is implementation
specific. So the criticality of using additional zero preceding one depends
on implementation.

Note: RFC 3525 is obsolete now, so one should refer H.248.1 V1/V2/V3 and
their corresponding corrigendum/sub-series published by ITU-T.

Regards,
Sudhanshu.
Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone: +91-124-4176301 extn 5109
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com
(Embedded image moved to file: pic17543.gif)"savinka" <[email-masked]>

                         "savinka"                                         
                         <savinka@ya                                       
                         ndex.ru>                                          
                                     (Embedded image moved to file:        
                                     pic25089.gif)                         
                         02/28/2006                                     To 
                         06:54 PM                  (Embedded image moved   
                                                   to file: pic21183.gif)  
                                                   [email-masked]         
                                     (Embedded image moved to file:        
          Please respond to          pic25137.gif)                         
          [email-masked]                                             cc 
                                                   (Embedded image moved   
                                                   to file: pic25566.gif)  
                                     (Embedded image moved to file:        
                                     pic26966.gif)                         
                                                                   Subject 
                                                   (Embedded image moved   
                                                   to file: pic04978.gif)  
                                                   [Megaco] Question about 
                                                   syntax                  

                                     (Embedded image moved to file:        
                                     pic20495.gif)                         
                                            (Embedded image moved to file: 
                                            pic10311.gif)                  

Hello,
can somebody answer to my question about syntax of the TerminationID
value?!
There is a phrase from RFC 3525:
....TerminationID        = "ROOT" / pathNAME / "$" / "*".......

Does this phrase allow me to use, for example, TerminationID: R2/01/01  or
I should use only TerminationID: R2/1/1 for the same case? Is it critical
to use additional zero preceding one?

Best regards,
Stan