Subject: [Megaco] ServiceChangeVersion compatibility

From: "Pascal Lambers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:04:21 +0100

A question about chapter 11.3 in H.248.1 version 3:

"If the MGC supports the version indicated by the MG [...] it is optional 
for the MGC to return a version in ServiceChangeReply."

 Does this mean that the spec does not provide waterproof backward 
compatibility? For example: a MG using version 2 in the ServiceChangeVersion 
field, sends a ServiceChange to an "old" MGC that only supports version 1 
and that does not put the ServiceChangeVersion field in its 
ServiceChangReply. According to the above statement in the spec, the MGC 
implicitly agrees on using version 2.

Pascal 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:00:08 +0530

Hi

find the comments embedded[BVS]

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

"Pascal Lambers" <[email-masked]>

"Pascal Lambers" <[email-masked]>

Sent by: [email-masked]

02/16/2006 01:34 AM

To

<[email-masked]>

cc

Subject

[Megaco] ServiceChangeVersion compatibility

[BVS] It is to noted that version is optional only if MGC supports the version indicated by MG, otherwise

MGC should either fill the version it supports or reject the servicechange with reason 406

[/BVS]

[BVS] As mentioned above, even for old MGC which supports V1, it has to fill the version it supports as per the

section 11.3 H248.1 V1(Mar 2002)+ IG Jan 2004.

[/BVS]

Pascal

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."