Subject: [Megaco] 2.5 coinciding types: SigParameter, EventParameter, PropertyParm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:28:53 +0100

Hi,

I see in H.248 Version 2:05/2002 that the 3 types mentioned above are
practically the same (the only difference is that name in PropertyParm
is of size 4 and that the value's type is not denoted as Value in one
case...).

What is the reason behind this? Are there only "historical reasons"? Why
don't we have one type (e.g. GenericParam) for all of these? According
to my current view this approach (using 3 coinciding types) is rather
confusing and makes all implementation for the protocol less
straightforward. What do you think? If there are no "real" reasons
behind the separation: would it be possible somehow in the (long) future
to merge these types into one?

Are there other similarly coinciding types?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Tury

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco