Subject: [Megaco] Re-registration of MG with MGC

From: "Pankaj Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 19:38:28 +0530

Hi

I have small query in megaco V2 draft and I am using UDP as transport.
If MGC restart due to some reason and MG doesn't know about restart of
MGC then MGC want MG to reregister again to get services of it. I have
following confusion for this scenario:

1)       MGC will send service change with method= handoff and in
mgcIdToTry it will send own IP Address and port number so that MG will
again issue service change. Whether this valid scenario.

2)       If only one MGC is configured in MG and if he receive service
change with method= handoff and mgcIdToTry field is missing then whether
MG can try to re-register with same MGC.  

3)       In megaco V2 draft is any other way through which MGC request
the MG to re-register. 

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Kumar

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:38:18 +0530

Hi Pankaj

would recommend to refer the H.248.1 V3(Sep 2005), Annex F.3.8 and F.3.9 for the re-registration/service-restoration procedures.

Most of the procedures mentioned in the Annex F has nothing to do with V3 grammar, so even V1 and V2 guys can refer Annex F in case of any issues related with

control association procedures.

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

"Pankaj Kumar" <[email-masked]>

Hi

I have small query in megaco V2 draft and I am using UDP as transport. If MGC restart due to some reason and MG doesn’t know about restart of MGC then MGC want MG to reregister again to get services of it. I have following confusion for this scenario:

1) MGC will send service change with method= handoff and in mgcIdToTry it will send own IP Address and port number so that MG will again issue service change. Whether this valid scenario.

2) If only one MGC is configured in MG and if he receive service change with method= handoff and mgcIdToTry field is missing then whether MG can try to re-register with same MGC.

3) In megaco V2 draft is any other way through which MGC request the MG to re-register.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Kumar

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:11:50 +0200

>Most of the procedures mentioned in the Annex F has nothing to do with V3
grammar, so even V1 and V2 guys can >refer Annex F in case of any issues
related with control association procedures.

Yes, may confirm this statement. Annex F is basically
"version-independent". H.248.1 V1, V2 and V3 were explicitly in scope of
Annex F when V3 was developed.
- Albrecht

                      "B Venkat S.R Swamy"                                                                                              
                      <b.swamy@flextronicsso         To:      "Pankaj Kumar" <[email-masked]>                                    
                      ftware.com>                    cc:      Deepak Pokharna <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]               
                                                     Subject: Re: [Megaco] Re-registration of MG with MGC                               
                      14.07.2006 14:08                                                                                                  

Hi Pankaj

would recommend to refer the H.248.1 V3(Sep 2005), Annex F.3.8 and F.3.9
for the re-registration/service-restoration procedures.
Most of the procedures mentioned in the Annex F has nothing to do with V3
grammar, so even V1 and V2 guys can refer Annex F in case of any issues
related with
control association procedures.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone: +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com
(Embedded image moved to file: pic10418.gif)"Pankaj Kumar"
<[email-masked]>

Hi

I have small query in megaco V2 draft and I am using UDP as transport. If
MGC restart due to some reason and MG doesn't know about restart of MGC
then MGC want MG to reregister again to get services of it. I have
following confusion for this scenario:
            1) MGC will send service change with method= handoff and in
            mgcIdToTry it will send own IP Address and port number so that
            MG will again issue service change. Whether this valid
            scenario.
            2) If only one MGC is configured in MG and if he receive
            service change with method= handoff and mgcIdToTry field is
            missing then whether MG can try to re-register with same MGC.
            3) In megaco V2 draft is any other way through which MGC
            request the MG to re-register.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj Kumar