Subject: [Megaco] Megaco Message and packet format

From: Araz. <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:19:35 +0430

Hi all ,
I'm new to this group so accept my apology in advance if my Q has been
discussed here before .
What's confusing  me is the packet or message format for megaco
transactions.I mean what must be exactly implemented and transmitted , so
you can go into implmentation of a parser for it.
acoording to the RFC I found the tokens at its appendix.Also in the RFC in
several places has been noted that generally the message format is something
like this :

       TransactionRequest (TransactionID {
            ContextID1 {Command,Command,…Command} ,
            ContextID2 {Command,Command ,…Command} ,
            ContextID3 {Command,Command ,…Command}
             })

this looks good but i cant extract the information needed to explain me how
to exactly build a megaco message.
Can anyone give a hint on how to combine those tokens in RFC appendix to the
above structure ,and preferably an example of a real megaco message ?

Araz.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:13:21 +1000

Hello Araz,

Please look at Appendix I to H.248.1. It contains call flows with 
example messages.

Regards, Christian

Araz. wrote:

> transactions.I mean what must be exactly implemented and transmitted , 
> so you can go into implmentation of a parser for it.
> acoording to the RFC I found the tokens at its appendix.Also in the 
> RFC in several places has been noted that generally the message format 
> is something like this :
>
> this looks good but i cant extract the information needed to explain 
> me how to exactly build a megaco message.
> Can anyone give a hint on how to combine those tokens in RFC appendix 
> to the above structure ,and preferably an example of a real megaco 
> message ?
>
> Araz.
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>