Subject: [Megaco] Text Encoding of an Empty String

From: "Shashank Taneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:34:39 +0530

Hi All,

I would like to have some inputs on the text encoding of the Property
Parameters of type octet String, whose default value is an empty string.
Consider for example the following property, in "abc":

PropertyID: xx.

Type: Octet String.

Possible Values: A range of 0 to 128 characters.

Defined In: Local Control.

Default Value: An empty string.

Is following the right way to encode this, if the property parameter
value is the default value:

MEGACO/1 [1.2.3.5] Transaction =30 {

    Context = $ {

        Add = tdm/1/1/1/4 {

Media {LocalControl {Mode = SendReceive,

abc/xx=}}

Any thoughts on this would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Shashank Taneja

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:59:58 +0530

Hi

Empty quoted string shall be used as follows:

Context = $ {

Add = tdm/1/1/1/4 {

abc/xx=""}}

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

"Shashank Taneja" <[email-masked]>

"Shashank Taneja" <[email-masked]>

09/08/2006 03:34 PM

To

<[email-masked]>

cc

Subject

[Megaco] Text Encoding of an Empty String

Hi All,

I would like to have some inputs on the text encoding of the Property Parameters of type octet String, whose default value is an empty string. Consider for example the following property, in “abc”:

PropertyID: xx.

Type: Octet String.

Is following the right way to encode this, if the property parameter value is the default value:

Context = $ {

Add = tdm/1/1/1/4 {

abc/xx=}}

Thanks,

Best Regards

Shashank Taneja_______________________________________________

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."