Subject: RE: [Megaco] decimal point in Megaco version

From: "Nurit Shenhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:24:12 +0200

Raphael

This format belongs to a VERY old version; I think it was numbered 0.99.
The official versions later eliminated this format.

Nurit

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 11:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] decimal point in Megaco version

According to the ABNF,

Version = 1*2(DIGIT)

I didn't catch it when I reviewed T.38 Appendix III last year, but the
examples in it give "MEGACO/1.0" in the header, and a few emails in this
list have also included a decimal point in the version.

This looks like an error.  Are there real implementations that add the
decimal point?  If so, then I guess that "be strict in what you send,
loose in what you accept" applies.  

Raphael Tryster
************************************************************************
**********************
This e-mail contains confidential, privileged or proprietary information
to VocalTec Communications.
If you received this messege by mistake, please inform us and then
delete the original and all copies.
*** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious
content. ***
************************************************************************
**********************

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco