Subject: [Megaco] SBC with SIP & H.248 capabilities (open source)

From: "Muhammad Abid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 07:23:13 -0800

Dear experts,

Can you please point me to robust Session Border Controller (open source is
desired). Here is my topology:

I am simulating a TISPAN NGN distributed architecture (RACS/Signaling Border
and a Border Gateway Function)

My topology has:
SIP endpoints
MGC with SBC capability (or a SBC that supports Ia or H.248 interface to a
MG)
MG (BGF) managed by MGC enabled SBC
SIP Server

The SBC which is also a MGC (per TISPAN NGN) should accept SIP messages, open
a pinhole in the Media Gateway and pass the SIP request to a SIP Server
When the SIP signaling is completed the RTP flow will go through the BGF to
both end devices

Any suggestions?

Muhammad
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:48:38 +0100

Muhammad,

you follow already TISPAN, just have a look into
   Draft ETSI TR 183 048
   ETSI Standard Telecommunications and Internet Converged Services and
   Protocols for Advanced Networking (TISPAN); Resource & Admission Control
   System (RACS);
   Protocol Signalling flows specification;
   RACS Stage 3

Latest draft should be already available under 12tTD390.

RACS is a functional architecture. You may get your simulation model by a
specific functional-to-physical mapping of entities.
=> in your case: the functional entities SPDF and P-CSCF would be mapped on
the same physical entity. The interface between these two functional
entities (Gq') would then "disappear" (i,e, becomes an "internal"
interface).
=> you'll get then "direct" SIP-to-H.248 (omitt the "interim" steps with
Gq'/Diameter; consider the mapping rules; etc etc)

Should be rather straightforward ...

- Albrecht

                      "Muhammad Abid"                                                                                                
                      <[email-masked]         To:      [email-masked]                                                              
                      m>                       cc:                                                                                   
                                               Subject: [Megaco] SBC with SIP & H.248 capabilities (open source)                     
                      03.02.2007 16:23                                                                                               

Dear experts,

I am simulating a TISPAN NGN distributed architecture (RACS/Signaling
Border and a Border Gateway Function)

My topology has:
SIP endpoints

The SBC which is also a MGC (per TISPAN NGN) should accept SIP messages,
open a pinhole in the Media Gateway and pass the SIP request to a SIP
Server
When the SIP signaling is completed the RTP flow will go through the BGF to
both end devices

Any suggestions?

Muhammad_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco