Subject: [Megaco] Service Change

From: "John Wainwright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:45:49 -0600

Does it make sense for a Service Change request for a specific
termination to have a context that is not NULL?  If it does make sense
how would an MGC be expected to behave for example when a termination is
restored to service with a non null context value. 

I am thinking of a case when a termination is in a valid context but
something happens resulting in an SVC OOS followed by an SVC RESTART
before a subtract arrives.  Does the SVC restart reports the termination
in the specific context it was in ?

Thanks

John

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Dheeraj Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:19:29 -0800

John,
 
Pls. find the replies inline.
 
Thanks
Dheeraj

  _____  

From: John Wainwright [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 1:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Service Change

Does it make sense for a Service Change request for a specific termination
to have a context that is not NULL?   

DG>> In cases of resource failures or IP connection failures, it is required
for MG to send SVC OOS for a termnation in a context.Also, termination in
Non Null context sends SVC OOS , when RTCP timeouts i.e there is no bearer
traffic between MGC and MG.

 If it does make sense how would an MGC be expected to behave for example
when a termination is restored to service with a non null context value. 

I am thinking of a case when a termination is in a valid context but
something happens resulting in an SVC OOS followed by an SVC RESTART before
a subtract arrives.   

DG >> Ideally after the SVC OOS, MGC should send ACK to SVC OOS and send
subtract , but in case where SVC OOS is followed by an SVC RESTART before a
subtract arrives, termination will be removed from the context when MG
receives Subtract from MGC and the termination shall be in in-service state.

 Does the SVC restart reports the termination in the specific context it was
in ? 

DG>> Yes SVC restart includes the non null context , the termination is in.

Thanks

John

---

From: Michael DiGioia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:03:28 -0800 (PST)

John,
   
  I think I may understand your question, however,  terminations can be in a context but can not be a context. 
   
  SVC Restart on the MG should set defaults up and that is what the MGC will see.  
   
  /mpd

John Wainwright <[email-masked]> wrote:
                Does it make sense for a Service Change request for a specific termination to have a context that is not NULL?  If it does make sense how would an MGC be expected to behave for example when a termination is restored to service with a non null context value. 
  I am thinking of a case when a termination is in a valid context but something happens resulting in an SVC OOS followed by an SVC RESTART before a subtract arrives.  Does the SVC restart reports the termination in the specific context it was in ?
   
  Thanks
  John

 
---------------------------------
TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

---

From: Michael DiGioia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:03:28 -0800 (PST)

John,

   
  /mpd

  Thanks
  John