Subject: [Megaco] Query about grammar inconsistency between ASN and ABNF grammar

From: "Ganesh Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:22:48 +0530

Hi,

            I have found an inconsistency between ABNF and ASN grammar
in ActionReply.

            According to ABNF, one of contextProperties and
commandReplyList is mandatory.

commandReply      = (( contextProperties [COMMA commandReplyList] ) /  

                              commandReplyList )

            According to ASN, either contextReply or commandReply
(commandReply can be empty) is not mandatory.

      ActionReply ::= SEQUENCE 

      { 

         contextId         ContextID, 

         errorDescriptor   ErrorDescriptor OPTIONAL, 

         contextReply      ContextRequest OPTIONAL, 

         commandReply      SEQUENCE OF CommandReply 

      }

            According ASN grammar, the message given below is allowed in
ASN but in not in allowed in ABNF grammar.

            MEGACO/2 [127.0.0.1] T=40{C=4}

            Please clarify this ambiguity.

            If my understanding is wrong please correct me.

Thanks and Regards,

Ganesh

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco