Subject: RE: [Megaco] Megaco 3-Way Handshake

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:20:25 +0530

Thanks Dheeraj for the info.

Still I had some confusion for the given statement.

MG should ignore the request if it receives the same request within the
LONG-TIMER seconds from MGC.

I think we should resend the response if we receive the same Request
within the LONG-TIMER seconds. Because the MGC will send the request
again only when it doesn't receive the response from MG within the
predefined timer value on it.

Regards,

Krishna

________________________________

From: Dheeraj Gupta [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:28 AM
To: Krishna Poreddy (WT01 - Broadband Networks); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Megaco 3-Way Handshake

Hi Krishna,

As per AnnexD.1.1 , GW can use the same transaction ID , after it
removes the response on expiry of LONG-TIMER or when it receives a ACK
from MGC for the response it sends to it i.e 3-Way handshake comletes.

While AnnexD.1.2.2 says that there is no point for MGC to send ACK for
the response by GW , after expiry of LONG-TIMER as by that time GW must
have deleted the response from its database.

MG should ignore the request if it receives the same request within the
LONG-TIMER seconds from MGC.

Thanks

Dheeraj

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 8:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Megaco 3-Way Handshake

Hi,

I am currently working in a H.248 development project.

As per the ITU-T H.248.1 AnnexD.1.1, the copy of the responses may be
destroyed either LONG-TIMER seconds after the response is isuued, or
when the entity receives a Ack for the response.

Hence we can re-use the same TransId after destroying the Response copy.

But in D.1.2.2 it was stated that the "conformed Transaction ID ranges"
values shall not be used if more than LONG-TIMER seconds have elapsed
since the MG issued its last response to that MGC.

One more question: If we receive a duplicate request with in the
LONG-TIMER seconds from MGC, how the MG should behave.

1.       Resend the reply or

2.       ignore the request

Can anyone please clarify the above.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

 

Thanks Dheeraj for the info.

Still I had some confusion for the given statement.

MG should ignore the request if it receives the same request within the
LONG-TIMER seconds from MGC.

I think we should resend the response if we receive the same Request
within the LONG-TIMER seconds. Because the MGC will send the request
again only when it doesn't receive the response from MG within the
predefined timer value on it.

Regards,

Krishna

________________________________

From: Dheeraj Gupta [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:28 AM
To: Krishna Poreddy (WT01 - Broadband Networks); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Megaco 3-Way Handshake

Hi Krishna,

As per AnnexD.1.1 , GW can use the same transaction ID , after it
removes the response on expiry of LONG-TIMER or when it receives a ACK
from MGC for the response it sends to it i.e 3-Way handshake comletes.

While AnnexD.1.2.2 says that there is no point for MGC to send ACK for
the response by GW , after expiry of LONG-TIMER as by that time GW must
have deleted the response from its database.

MG should ignore the request if it receives the same request withinanks Dheeraj for the info.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=blue face=Arial><span style='font-size:
10.0pt;color:blue'>Still I had some confusion for the given statement.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal style='text-indent:.5in'><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span
style='font-size:10.0pt;color:navy'>MG should ignore the request if it receives
the same request within the LONG-TIMER seconds from MGC.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=blue face=Arial><span style='font-size:
10.0pt;color:blue'>I think we should resend the response if we receive the same
Request within the LONG-TIMER seconds. Because the MGC will send the request
again only when it doesn&#8217;t receive the response from MG within the
predefined timer value on it.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=blue face=Arial><span style='font-size:
10.0pt;color:blue'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=blue face=Arial><span style='font-size:
10.0pt;color:blue'>Regards,<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><st1:place w:st="on"><font size=2 color=blue face=Arial><span
 style='font-size:10.0pt;color:blue'>Krishna</span></font></st1:place><font
size=3 color=black face="Times New Roman"><span style='font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";color:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=3 color=black face="Times New Roman"><span
style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";color:windowtext'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:
10.0pt;color:navy'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:
10.0pt;color:navy'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<div>

<div class=MsoNormal align=center style='text-align:center'><font size=3
color=black face="Times New Roman"><span style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:
"Times New Roman";color:windowtext'>

<hr size=2 width="100%" align=center tabindex=-1>

</span></font></div>

<p class=MsoNormal><b><font size=2 color=black face=Tahoma><span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;color:windowtext;font-weight:bold'>From:</span></font></b><font
size=2 color=black face=Tahoma><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;
color:windowtext'> Dheeraj Gupta [mailto:[email-masked]] <br>
<b><span style='font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Wednesday, February 07, 2007
10:28 AM<br>
<b><span style='font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> Krishna Poreddy (WT01 -
Broadband Networks); [email-masked]<br>
<b><span style='font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> RE: [Megaco] Megaco 3-Way
Handshake</span></font><font size=3 color=black face="Times New Roman"><span
style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";color:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=red face=Arial><span style='font-size:
11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=blue face=Arial><span style='font-size:
10.0pt;color:blue'>Hi <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place>,</span></font><font
size=3 color=black face="Times New Roman"><span style='font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";color:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=3 color=black face="Times New Roman"><span
style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";color:windowtext'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=blue face=Arial><span style='font-size:
10.0pt;color:blue'>As per AnnexD.1.1 , GW can use the same transaction ID ,
after it removes the response on expiry of LONG-TIMER or when it receives a ACK
from MGC for t the
LONG-TIMER seconds from MGC.

Thanks

Dheeraj

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 8:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Megaco 3-Way Handshake

Hi,

I am currently working in a H.248 development project.

As per the ITU-T H.248.1 AnnexD.1.1, the copy of the responses may be
destroyed either LONG-TIMER seconds after the response is isuued, or
when the entity receives a Ack for the response.

Hence we can re-use the same TransId after destroying the Response copy.

But in D.1.2.2 it was stated that the "conformed Transaction ID ranges"
values shall not be used if more than LONG-TIMER seconds have elapsed
since the MG issued its last response to that MGC.

One more question: If we receive a duplicate request with in the
LONG-TIMER seconds from MGC, how the MG should behave.

1.       Resend the reply or

2.       ignore the request

Can anyone please clarify the above.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco