Subject: [Megaco] Couple of coders in one m= SDP line + MG ignore MGC local media desc

From: "Ron Gilaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 22:12:47 +0300

Hi,

1. H.248 say that one SDP can not contain more than one m= line, but
doesn't say that in one m= line there can not be an fmt list (more than
one coder). Is it possible to have more than one coder in one m= line?
2. When the MGC asks the MG to create a media, it sends to the MG a
Local descriptor (in the Media desc). Is this Local desc is based just
on previous Audit commands which the MGC has asked the MG, or it may be
based on other considerations not pertaining to the MG? In the 1st case
(the Local desc is based solely on information received from the MG),
then the MG can simply ignore this desc and build a new Local desc in
the reply to the MGC which describes it's configuration and
capabilities. What do you think? 
Thanks in advance,
Ron

Ron Gilaad
RAD Data Communications.
24 Raoul Wallenberg St.
Tel Aviv 69719
Tel: 972-3-6455411 
mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:14:13 +0200

Please see [FSRT] below.

________________________________

From: Ron Gilaad [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 9:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Couple of coders in one m= SDP line + MG ignore MGC
localmedia desc

Hi,

[FSRT] The short answer is "yes".  You can have multiple codecs
described on one m= line.  Also, you can have multiple sections within
an SDP, each beginning with a v= line, and each having an m= line.  This
happens, e.g. when you want to reserve resources for multiple media
types, such as audio and fax.

[FSRT] The MG has no way of knowing what the MGC took into
considerations when building its request.  For example, it may have
considered the capabilities of the other end.  An MG that acts as if it
knows better than the MGC is asking for failed calls.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Ron Gilaad

RAD Data Communications.

24 Raoul Wallenberg St.

Tel Aviv 69719

Tel: 972-3-6455411 

mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>