Subject: [Megaco] DOT in H.248 Digit map syntax

From: Bill Xiaoshaoping <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:01:45 +0800

Hello all,

Given a digit plan of "0800x.", which is the real intention of the following two:
1. matching with the dialed digits starting with 0800 followed by at least 1 digit and possible more digits
2. matching with the dialed digits starting with 0800 followed by ZERO digit or more
Section 7.1.14.3  DigitMap syntax/H248 v3:

.....Finally, the dot symbol "." stands for zero or more repetitions of the event selector (event, range of events, set of alternative events, or wildcard) that precedes it. 

Explanation in MGCP is:  

 * Position: A period (".") which matches an arbitrary number,
               including zero, of occurrences of the preceding
               construct.

Does the zero repetiton in H.248 means no occurence of the previous element as in MGCP? The digit map syntaxs of both are almost the same.

Any help on this appreciated.

Thanks
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:43:33 -0400

The key word here in H.248 is "repetitions".  The map you provide as an
example asks for "0800" followed by one or more digits between 0 and 9.
That is, "08005" matches as does "08005678", but "0800" does NOT match.
 
Kevin

________________________________

From: Bill Xiaoshaoping [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] DOT in H.248 Digit map syntax

Hello all,
 
Given a digit plan of "0800x.", which is the real intention of the
following two:
1. matching with the dialed digits starting with 0800 followed by at
least 1 digit and possible more digits
2. matching with the dialed digits starting with 0800 followed by ZERO
digit or more
Section 7.1.14.3  DigitMap syntax/H248 v3:

.....Finally, the dot symbol "." stands for zero or more repetitions of
the event selector (event, range of events, set of alternative events,
or wildcard) that precedes it. 

Explanation in MGCP is:  

Does the zero repetiton in H.248 means no occurence of the previous
element as in MGCP? The digit map syntaxs of both are almost the same.

Thanks

---

From: "Krishna Prasad Kalluri \(TN/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:04:21 +0200

Hi,
I have a question about keepactive flag in the event descriptor.

Its possible to order the events per stream and specify the requested
action. I am interested about the KeepActive flag in the Requested
Actions.
A termination can have multiple streams. Events and signals can be
ordered per stream.
Assume a termination has 3 streams with streamId = 1,2,3
EventX was ordered on stream 1.
EventX was detected on stream 1 and keepactive=False. After detecting
the event what should be the behavior of MGW?  Interrupt the signals
active on stream 1 or the whole termination (So interrupt Signals on
Stream 1, 2,3)

Thanks
/Krishna