Subject: [Megaco] Service Change for Individual Registration

From: "karthik prabhu Balakrishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:37:12 +0530

Hello All,
Please help me to get my doubt clarrified.
When i read ETSI TS 183 043 V1.1.1,
Section B.4.1.2.1 User-initiated registration speaks about Individual
Registration on AGCF.
Can you please mention the significance of individual registration?

B.4.1.2 says,
"There may a lot of terminations to register and deregister at the same time
from the MGC side. In order to avoid the
impact of the flood registration and deregistration on the IMS core network,
the Feature Manager may use some
mechanism to control the number of registration/deregistration during a
specified period of time."

If a gateway sends a Service Change for each and every end point,
Wont it really flood the registration?
In other words, how is individual registration helpful?

Generally Restart Method for ROOT termination id is sent when gateway comes
online.
Practically When will a gateway send a Service Change for each end point?
Can this be provisioned in the Gateway?

Kindly let me know further references to understand individual registraion.
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik Prabhu
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:13:47 +0200

Hi Karthik,

my understanding of this statement is, that this is the relation (or
benefit) of the user-initiated registration B.4.1.2 versus the global
registration B.4.1.1.

>In other words, how is individual registration helpful?

Thus, there'll be individual ServiceChange-based registrations per
line/user basis, i.e., the registration load is distributed over the
timeline.

>Generally Restart Method for ROOT termination id is sent when gateway
comes online.
>Can this be provisioned in the Gateway?

There could be an interaction with the management system in my
understanding.
I think that the H.248 system management draft (Draft 183 046) could be
also applied to 183 043.
The management activity for "enable MG" (which could be applied on MG, but
also on MGC level) would then trigger the registration procedure.

Albrecht

                      "karthik prabhu                                                                                                   
                      Balakrishnan"            To:      [email-masked]                                                                 
                      <karthik.megaco@         cc:                                                                                      
                      gmail.com>               Subject: [Megaco] Service Change for Individual Registration                             
                                                                                                                                        
                      14.05.2007 07:07                                                                                                  

Hello All,

B.4.1.2 says,
"There may a lot of terminations to register and deregister at the same
time from the MGC side. In order to avoid the
impact of the flood registration and deregistration on the IMS core
network, the Feature Manager may use some
mechanism to control the number of registration/deregistration during a
specified period of time."

---

From: "Ron Gilaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:42:44 +0300

Hi Karthik and Albrecht,

I have just subscribed to the mailing list and post a message and for
some reasons the message have not been listed.
I got your messages from the group and would like to advise with you
concerning the setting of the Local desc in the MG reply to the MGC.
(No relation to the Service Change for Individual Registration).

When the MG receive a Media desc from the MGC, then according to H.248:

1. "If ReserveGroup is "False" and ReserveValue is "False", then the MG
should apply the following
rules to resolve Local and Remote to a single alternative each: .... The
MG returns its selected alternative in each of Local and Remote."

How come the Remote desc is not fully specified? Shouldn't the remote
desc specify exactly the media to be sent to the remote? If the MG shall
select parameters from the remote, how will the remote side know about
the MG selection?

2. "If ReserveGroup is "True" or ReserveValue is "True", then the
following rules apply: ... In its response to the MGC, when the MGC
included Local and Remote Descriptors, the MG shall include Local and
Remote Descriptors for all groups of properties and property values it
reserved resources for. If the MG is incapable of supporting at least
one of the alternatives within the Local (Remote) Descriptor received
from the MGC, it shall return an empty Local (Remote) Descriptor."

How can the MGC offer a codecs list to be used by the MG in the Local
desc? From where does the MGC gain this information? Is it from previous
Audit messages which the MGC has sent to the MG? Or any network policy?
What about codecs which the MG support but where not offered by the MGC?
Should the MG include them in the Local desc within the reply to the
MGC?

Thanks in advance,

Ron