Subject: [Megaco] 909 MGC impending failure

From: "Emran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:45:36 +0500

Hi.

I m receiving an error 909 in the service change descriptor showing that it
is due to MGC impending failure.  Kindly guide me out of what is the reason
behind this cause.

I think this is due the loss of communication between MG and MGC when MGC is
inaccessible.  

To prevent the loss of communication MG starts an Inactivity timer to check
the accessibility of MGC and if after 30 sec MGC doesn't send any message
not even AUDIT command then MG send a NOTIFY message to any MGC.

If MGC doesn't respond to the NOTIFY message from MG then Service change
command with method=disconnect and reason=MGC impending failure is sent to
primary MGC from MG.

Kindly guide me out.

Thanks 

Emran Saleem

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:54:15 +0200

Firstly, there are two mandatory ServiceChange parameters, - Method and Reason -, thus any consideration of ServiceChange procedures requires in *general* to consider to combination of both. Just Reason may be not sufficient for specific cases.
 
Secondly, for 909 is only one valid combination possible {Failover, 909} according "Table F.1/H.248.1 - ServiceChangeMethod and ServiceChangeReason mapping".
 
Thus, "Disconnected" is not possible for the underlying failure scenario (in my opinion). Theoretically I could construct a scenario for "Handoff" with 909, but this use case is already sufficiently covered by 903, see § F.3.11.
 
I may imagine that two different use cases, - MGC is out of service and temporary interruption of Control Association -, are mixed. (Recognizing that both cases may have temporal and/or spatial overlappings, which do require a very careful analysis and a subsequent trigger of the "right" call-independent procedure).
 
-Albrecht

________________________________

	From: Emran [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Freitag, 20. Juli 2007 07:46
	To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
	Cc: 'Kashif Anwar-AM NGN'; [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] 909 MGC impending failure
	Importance: High

	Hi...

	I m receiving an error 909 in the service change descriptor showing that it is due to MGC impending failure.  Kindly guide me out of what is the reason behind this cause.

	I think this is due the loss of communication between MG and MGC when MGC is inaccessible.  

	To prevent the loss of communication MG starts an Inactivity timer to check the accessibility of MGC and if after 30 sec MGC doesn't send any message not even AUDIT command then MG send a NOTIFY message to any MGC.

	If MGC doesn't respond to the NOTIFY message from MG then Service change command with method=disconnect and reason=MGC impending failure is sent to primary MGC from MG.

	Kindly guide me out.

	Thanks 

	Emran Saleem

---

From: "Emran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:14:03 +0500

Dear Albrecht

I agree with your comments but in this is not a case of ‘handoff’ but it is
due the “failover”. By this u mean that 

MGC is out of service.

HOW is this possible!!!!! That MGC gets out of service. this scenario which
I presented in front of u is for the one RGW and MGC.

Why other RGW’s don’t suffer if there is MGC failure. I am sending u some
information thru which you can get better idea.

@....... ,.....E.

0010  00 84 34 2c 00 00 7e 11  15 b8 0a 00 00 43 3a 41   ..4,..~. .....C:A

0020  ae 01 0b 80 0b 80 00 70  58 6b 21 2f 31 20 5b 31   .......p Xk!/1 [1

0030  30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 36 37  5d 3a 32 39 34 34 20 54   0.0.0.67 ]:2944 T

0040  3d 32 32 32 7b 43 3d 2d  7b 73 63 3d 52 4f 4f 54   =222{C=- {sc=ROOT

0050  7b 73 76 7b 76 3d 31 2c  6d 74 3d 66 6c 2c 72 65   {sv{v=1, mt=fl,re

0060  3d 22 39 30 39 20 4d 47  43 20 49 6d 70 65 6e 64   ="909 MG C Impend

0070  69 6e 67 20 46 61 69 6c  75 72 65 22 2c 31 39 37   ing Fail ure",197

0080  30 30 31 30 31 54 30 37  30 36 33 38 30 30 7d 7d   00101T07 063800}}

0090  7d 7d                                              }}               

0000  40 00 00 00 01 80 00 15  2c d5 8e 00 08 00 45 00   @....... ,.....E.

0010  00 84 34 30 00 00 7e 11  15 b4 0a 00 00 43 3a 41   ..40..~. .....C:A

0020  ae 01 0b 80 0b 80 00 70  58 6b 21 2f 31 20 5b 31   .......p Xk!/1 [1

0030  30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 36 37  5d 3a 32 39 34 34 20 54   0.0.0.67 ]:2944 T

0040  3d 32 32 32 7b 43 3d 2d  7b 73 63 3d 52 4f 4f 54   =222{C=- {sc=ROOT

0050  7b 73 76 7b 76 3d 31 2c  6d 74 3d 66 6c 2c 72 65   {sv{v=1, mt=fl,re

0060  3d 22 39 30 39 20 4d 47  43 20 49 6d 70 65 6e 64   ="909 MG C Impend

0070  69 6e 67 20 46 61 69 6c  75 72 65 22 2c 31 39 37   ing Fail ure",197

0080  30 30 31 30 31 54 30 37  30 36 33 38 30 30 7d 7d   00101T07 063800}}

0090  7d 7d                                              }}        

Hope so that u will get a better idea from this information. 

Thanks and Regards

Emran Saleem       

  _____  

From: Schwarz Albrecht [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 4:54 PM
To: Emran; [email-masked]
Cc: Kashif Anwar-AM NGN
Subject: RE: [Megaco] 909 MGC impending failure

Firstly, there are two mandatory ServiceChange parameters, - Method and
Reason -, thus any consideration of ServiceChange procedures requires in
*general* to consider to combination of both. Just Reason may be not
sufficient for specific cases.

Secondly, for 909 is only one valid combination possible {Failover, 909}
according "Table F.1/H.248.1 – ServiceChangeMethod and ServiceChangeReason
mapping".

Thus, "Disconnected" is not possible for the underlying failure scenario (in
my opinion). Theoretically I could construct a scenario for "Handoff" with
909, but this use case is already sufficiently covered by 903, see § F.3.11.

I may imagine that two different use cases, - MGC is out of service and
temporary interruption of Control Association -, are mixed. (Recognizing
that both cases may have temporal and/or spatial overlappings, which do
require a very careful analysis and a subsequent trigger of the "right"
call-independent procedure).

-Albrecht

  _____  

From: Emran [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Freitag, 20. Juli 2007 07:46
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: 'Kashif Anwar-AM NGN'; [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] 909 MGC impending failure
Importance: High

Hi…

To prevent the loss of communication MG starts an Inactivity timer to check
the accessibility of MGC and if after 30 sec MGC doesn’t send any message
not even AUDIT command then MG send a NOTIFY message to any MGC.

If MGC doesn’t respond to the NOTIFY message from MG then Service change
command with method=disconnect and reason=MGC impending failure is sent to
primary MGC from MG.

Kindly guide me out.

Thanks 

Emran Saleem