Subject: [Megaco] Regarding DTD pkg

From: "Syed Mohd Mujahid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:04:37 +0530

Hi Albrecht,

          Thanks for the following explanation. The {packageID, toneId}
pair acts as an identifier to the existing toneIds and their containing
packages. My question here is how can such {packageID, toneId}  pairs be
represented in an enum under a single property (tid). In other words,
how can the {packageID, toneId}  pair be represented as a single but a
unique enumerated value. 

 

"The DTD package is a *generic* package, the value of dtd/tid has
therefor a particular meaning (=> reference on a tone).

The value of dtd/tid relates to {PackageID, ToneID}, the property
dtd/tid represents thus one or more *pointers* to "real tone"
specifications.

The type "enumeration" is therefor used to be flexible concerning tone
specifications in concrete packages in my opinion.

Perhaps other people may better explain the concept of H.248.6 ..."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:47:07 +0200

See Annex A (binary) or B (text) in H.248.1 concerning encoding of
enumerations:
 
for text:
; Enumeration:  An enumeration must use the SafeChar form of VALUE

; and can contain anything allowable in the SafeChar form.

...

VALUE                   = quotedString / 1*(SafeChar / %x80-FF)

SafeChar                = DIGIT / ALPHA / "+" / "-" / "&" / 

                              "!" / "_" / "/" / "'" / "?" / "@" / 

                              "^" / "`" / "~" / "*" / "$" / "\" / 

                              "(" / ")" / "%" / "|" / "."

________________________________

	From: Syed Mohd Mujahid [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Freitag, 27. Juli 2007 08:35
	To: Schwarz Albrecht; [email-masked]
	Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
	Subject: Regarding DTD pkg

	Hi Albrecht,

	          Thanks for the following explanation. The {packageID,
toneId} pair acts as an identifier to the existing toneIds and their
containing packages. My question here is how can such {packageID,
toneId}  pairs be represented in an enum under a single property (tid).
In other words, how can the {packageID, toneId}  pair be represented as
a single but a unique enumerated value. 

	 

	"The DTD package is a *generic* package, the value of dtd/tid
has therefor a particular meaning (=> reference on a tone).

	The value of dtd/tid relates to {PackageID, ToneID}, the
property dtd/tid represents thus one or more *pointers* to "real tone"
specifications.

	The type "enumeration" is therefor used to be flexible
concerning tone specifications in concrete packages in my opinion.

	Perhaps other people may better explain the concept of H.248.6
..."