Subject: [Megaco] Conflicting parameterID and ABNF token

From: "Syed Mohd Mujahid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:29:14 +0530

Hi,

     Could any body clear my following concern

     Can the parameter ID specified for a package be same as the ABNF
token?

     For example for the package "aastts 0x00a8" the parameter ID for
Segment type is "st",  which conflicts with the stream token "st".   Is
this allowed?

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:11:20 +0200

This is allowed as far as I know.
An overlapping name space is also technically no issue, due to the
"local" scope of such protocol codepoints in H.248.
There isn't any need for a globally unique name space due to the
hierachicaly concepts (like e.g. descriptors, packages) in the H.248
protocol architecture.

________________________________

	From: Syed Mohd Mujahid [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Freitag, 20. Juli 2007 16:59
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] Conflicting parameterID and ABNF token

	Hi,

	     Can the parameter ID specified for a package be same as the
ABNF token?

	     For example for the package "aastts 0x00a8" the parameter
ID for Segment type is "st",  which conflicts with the stream token
"st".   Is this allowed?