Subject: [Megaco] context creation failure: correct reply structure

From: "Claudio Fontana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:59:14 +0200

Hello,

sorry for the basic question, but I could not find the answer in the
RFC or in the list archives.
I'd need some help in understanding the correct behaviour of the MGW
whenever it is unable to create a new context.

Suppose that the MGC requests creation of a new context with
an addRequest with contextID=CHOOSE, and the MGW is unable to
satisfy the request,

at which level should the MGW put the error descriptor in the reply?
If at the command or action level, which ContextID should be written
in the reply?

Thank you for your help,

Claudio Fontana

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Krishna Prasad Kalluri (TN/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:44:42 +0200

Hi,

It depends on in which level the error has occurred.

If the error occurred while processing the commands then MGW should
indicate the error descriptor in the command level. If the MGW is not
able process the context ID or other context related attributes MGW
should indicated the error in the action level.

Regarding the context Id to use,
If the context has no terminations left then it means no resources are
reserved and the controller need not subtract any thing later. So the
context ID received (in this case CHOOSE) can be used.

Regards
Krishna 

-----Original Message-----
From: Claudio Fontana [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: den 9 augusti 2007 15:59
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] context creation failure: correct reply structure

Hello,

sorry for the basic question, but I could not find the answer in the RFC
or in the list archives.
I'd need some help in understanding the correct behaviour of the MGW
whenever it is unable to create a new context.

Suppose that the MGC requests creation of a new context with an
addRequest with contextID=CHOOSE, and the MGW is unable to satisfy the
request,

at which level should the MGW put the error descriptor in the reply?
If at the command or action level, which ContextID should be written in
the reply?

Thank you for your help,

Claudio Fontana