Subject: [Megaco] Pre-provisioned list traversal at MGW.

From: "Sushanth C K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:04:44 +0530

Hi,

    In reference to H.248 v3 I had a query about traversal of
pre-provisioned MGC list at MGW. 

    Say 3 MGC's are provisioned at MGW with priorities 1, 2 and 3
respectively. 

Scenario:

1)       Service change is issued to primary MGC. It replies with MgcId
3 to try.

2)       MGW sends a Service Change to MGC 3. MGC 3 responds with a
Service Change error.

At this point what is the MGC that MGW needs to try? 

a) Should it follow the pre-provisioned list? Assuming it tried last
provisioned MGC, MGC3. Hence wait for random amount of time and issue a
Service Change to MGC1 (primary)? 

b) Or should it treat this as a failure to contact primary MGC (MGC1)
and hence try the secondary MGC (MGC2). 

In my opinion MGW must try MGC2. Since MGC1 has redirected us to MGC3 it
must not be considered as traversal of pre-provisioned list. Hence on
failure of redirection to MGC3 we must attempt the first secondary MGC
on our list i.e MGC2.

Please provide your inputs on this.   

-Regards

Sushanth 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 07:48:27 +0300

I agree with you.  It is cleaner not to mix the concepts of redirection
and provisioned list.  Also, the alternative would never visit MGC2, so
it would defeat the benefit of the provisioned list.

Raphael Tryster

________________________________

From: Sushanth C K [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 9:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Pre-provisioned list traversal at MGW.

Hi,

Scenario:

-Regards

Sushanth