Subject: [Megaco] Difference in H248.1 V2 and V3 in the Boolean Values of Echo cancellation property in TDMC Package

From: "Arvind Charanyan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:02:15 +0530

Hi,

In the case of TDMC Package, the Boolean values of the Echo Cancellation
property vary in H248.1 V2 and V3 specs.

In case of H248.1 V2, the values defined are tdmc/ec = "on" and "off",
whereas in case of H248.1 V3, the values defined are tdmc/ec = "True"
and "False".

Since both the specs mention the version of the package to be Version 1,
I presume that the values that can be defined for tdmc/ec shall be
"True" and "False" irrespective of the MEGACO version used.

Please let me know if my view on this issue is correct.

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:02:13 +0200

I believe Albrecht addressed this in a reply to my question last year,
as follows:

=> "Error" in text encoding.

The issue behind are different variable names in ASN.1 and ABNF syntax:

ASN.1             ABNF

reserveValue      vs ReservedValue

reserveGroup      vs ReservedGroup

True              vs ON

False             vs OFF

Thus, the semantical description in the main body of H.248.1 may use
both terminology and is not consistent at all places. But this is more
historical, - a matter of fact of support of two encoding schemes. This
is a very minor problem because in the end is the syntax definitive. We
need volunteers and correspondent contributions for the IMG in order to
make the text 100% consistent.

Albrecht

________________________________

From: Arvind Charanyan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Difference in H248.1 V2 and V3 in the Boolean Values
ofEcho cancellation property in TDMC Package

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind