Subject: [Megaco] HandOff between different transports

From: "Arvind Charanyan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:54:00 +0530

Hi,

I have a doubt in case of Hand-Off between different Transports.

Is it possible for an MGC to Handoff an MG to another MGC which uses a
transport different from the Original MGC?

It is not possible to specify the Transport Type while forwarding the
MGC ID in a Handoff SVC Request. Should the MGW always use the same
transport as the HANDING-OFF MGC to reach the HANDED-TO MGC (or) is it
up to the MGW to decide the best possible transport to reach the
HANDED-TO MGC? 

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind Charanyan V

Continuous Computing

Bangalore

Mobile: 9986583301

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:17:05 +0100

Q3/16 did start to discuss the subject of "multi-transport mode capable
H.248 entities in the last meetings.
See new clauses 10 & 11 in Draft H.Sup 7:
 
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0706_Gen/H_Supp_7_output.
zip
 
10 H.248 Control Association: Impact of transport mode changes  39
<outbind://2/#_Toc171251601> 

10.1           Situation of transport mode changes  39
<outbind://2/#_Toc171251602> 

10.2           Impact on established Control Association  40
<outbind://2/#_Toc171251603> 

10.3           Relation between profile and transport modes  40
<outbind://2/#_Toc171251604> 

10.4           Indication of transport mode  40
<outbind://2/#_Toc171251605> 

10.4.1 Indication based on provisioning. 40 <outbind://2/#_Toc171251606>

10.4.2 Indication based on ServiceChange procedures. 40
<outbind://2/#_Toc171251607> 

11 H.248 Control Association: registration of multi-transport mode
capable media gateways  40 <outbind://2/#_Toc171251608> 

11.1           Variant A: single-mode transport capable MGC   40
<outbind://2/#_Toc171251609> 

11.2           Variant B: multi-mode transport capable MGC, prepared to
serve all transport modes  41 <outbind://2/#_Toc171251610> 

              11.3             Variant C: multi-mode transport capable
MGC, not prepared to serve all transport modes  41
<outbind://2/#_Toc171251611> 

Q3/16 did not yet go down to the level where you are looking for
specific guidelines.
I could imagine that an additional property for the base root package,
indicating supported transport modes, could be useful for the transport
mode negotiation/determination during changeover or (re-)registration
procedures.
I did already think about the submission of a correspondent contribution
to the next meeting.
 
-Albrecht

________________________________

	From: Arvind Charanyan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2007 16:24
	To: [email-masked]
	Cc: Schwarz Albrecht; [email-masked]
	Subject: HandOff between different transports

	Hi,

	Is it possible for an MGC to Handoff an MG to another MGC which
uses a transport different from the Original MGC?

	It is not possible to specify the Transport Type while
forwarding the MGC ID in a Handoff SVC Request. Should the MGW always
use the same transport as the HANDING-OFF MGC to reach the HANDED-TO MGC
(or) is it up to the MGW to decide the best possible transport to reach
the HANDED-TO MGC? 

	Thanks and Regards,

	Arvind Charanyan V

	Continuous Computing

	Bangalore

	Mobile: 9986583301