Subject: [Megaco] Notifications of events while "OutofService"

From: "Miri Epstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:08:19 +0100

Hi,

As far as I've encountered, H.248 events that have triggered are
reported while the termination is "InService" state.

I could _not_ find that the H.248.3 standard prohibits the use of the
notify command when the termination is "OutofService". E.g., it does do
so for an Add command:
"Add shall not be used on a termination with a serviceState of
"OutOfService"." [7.2.1]

Does someone know about an event to be reported while the termination is
"OutofService"?
What can be the usage of such a report?

Many thanks in advance,
Miri

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:41:11 +1100

Hello Miri,

I think the key point is that service state is respect to the 
terminations ability to handle traffic. A Servicechange may set the 
ServiceState to out-of-service but it is up to the MGC to subtract the 
termination to finally clear it. Therefore in the interim period between 
the MGC receiving the ServiceChange and the MG sending a Subtract any 
events on the termination would be notified as normal.

Regards, Christian