Subject: [Megaco] Megaco digitmap

From: Ramesh Babu Kuppili <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:22:44 +0530

Hi all,
 
I have a question about Megaco Digitmap:
 
The digitmap i am receiving from a MGC is as follows:
[2-8]xxxxxx|05xxxxxxxx|0xxxxxxxx|00xxxxxx.|9xx|E|F|x.F

And the dialled digits area as follows:

*54810001#

The MGC guy claims that given the above digitmap, the dialled digits have a match.  I fail to understand how.  Since the first digit dialed is asterisk "*" the only digitmap that is valid is "E".  But the next digit ends up being "over qualified" to the digitmap "E".  Should'nt the MG send a Notify as soon as the user dials asterisk "*" since there is a match already.  How can the user every complete the dial sequence given the above digitmap.

Thanks i advance.

- ramesh

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:12:45 +0200

I think you are right.  Given this digit map, I would expect the MG to
notify the "E", following which the MGC would understand that a special
service is being activated, and issue a new request with a new
context-specific digit map, for example "[2-8]xxxxxxF".
 
Raphael Tryster

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramesh Babu Kuppili [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Megaco digitmap
 
Hi all,

The digitmap i am receiving from a MGC is as follows:
[2-8]xxxxxx|05xxxxxxxx|0xxxxxxxx|00xxxxxx.|9xx|E|F|x.F
And the dialled digits area as follows:
*54810001#
The MGC guy claims that given the above digitmap, the dialled digits
have a match.  I fail to understand how.  Since the first digit dialed
is asterisk "*" the only digitmap that is valid is "E".  But the next
digit ends up being "over qualified" to the digitmap "E".  Should'nt the
MG send a Notify as soon as the user dials asterisk "*" since there is a
match already.  How can the user every complete the dial sequence given
the above digitmap.
Thanks i advance.
- ramesh
**********************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the 
named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or the sender immediately and do 
not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
*** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious content. ***
**********************************************************************************************

---

From: "Beis, Grigoris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:17:41 +0200

Hi Ramesh,

You are correct.

Digitmap pattern E is fulfilled by "*" only, in an unambiguous way. A
different digitmap like Ex.F could lead to a match for the specific
string.

BR,

Greg

________________________________

From: ext Ramesh Babu Kuppili [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Megaco digitmap

Hi all,

*54810001#

Thanks i advance.

- ramesh