Subject: [Megaco] Distinguishing between Audio & Video Payload types using SR in RTCP packet

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:16:40 +0530

Hi

I recently started working in MG. I have a question regarding the sender
reports in RTCP.

Can you tell me how can we distinguish between an audio & video payload
type using the sender report data of an RTCP packet in ethereal?

Regards,

Ambesh

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:12:29 +0100

H.248 Interface:

	Each RTP-based media component is mapped on a dedicated H.248
Stream.
	Further: the RTP and RTCP flows could be both mapped on the same
H.248 Stream. This is the assumption in all present H.248 profile
specifications (with H.248 RTP terminations) as far as I know.
	There are then two H.248 Streams, one for audio-over-RTP + RTCP
and another Stream for video-over-RTP + RTCP.
	 
	=> Wireshark discrimination point: H.248 StreamID

RTP/RTCP-over-UDP/IP Interface:

	Assumption: individual L4 ports for RTP and RTCP (i.e. the mode
of Multiplexed RTP and RTCP on single L4 ports is not considered.)
	
	=> Wireshark discrimination point: UDP port numbers

Of course, you've to correlate the info of both interfaces.
 
-Albrecht

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2007 15:47
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] Distinguishing between Audio & Video Payload
types usingSR in RTCP packet

	Hi

	I recently started working in MG. I have a question regarding
the sender reports in RTCP.

	Can you tell me how can we distinguish between an audio & video
payload type using the sender report data of an RTCP packet in ethereal?

	Regards,

	Ambesh