Subject: [Megaco] FAX on H.248/MEGACO

From: "Andre Rosa Stefanini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:01:41 -0300

Hi,

I've been asked about something not clear on specs: When a MG receives
fax and/or modem tones on RTP port, it should change the codecs in order
to allow tones to be passed in a correct way to be decoded as a fax or
modem in the other side. There are some options (i.e. using G.711 or
T.38). This way, the MG which detected the fax tone must set up a new
codec. For this, we have two options: automatic or negotiated. 

It's not clear on RFC which of these options is mandatory for the MG, or
if both of them. Could you help me with this?

Would someone could provide call-flows regarding fax/modem detection?

Thanks,

ANDRE

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:13:08 -0500

Appendix III (H.248 call establishment procedure examples for
facsimile-capable media gateways) from T.38 Spec should have what you
are looking for. I am looking at draft in force (04/2007).

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Andre Rosa Stefanini
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] FAX on H.248/MEGACO

Hi,

Thanks,

ANDRE