Subject: [Megaco] Context Id

From: Priya Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

As a beginner in MeGaco I have one question on context ID. The context ID is not quite clear to me. Hope to get response. 

A user  can have multiple contexts right ?
Each context indicates a particular set of related terminations.  For example, if a user is having a 3 way conf call, there are 3 terminations in a context with an ID. if that user is on call waiting on the other line , he is in a different context also at the same time. So there are 2 context ids for this user at this point in time. A combination of context id, termination ID+ other info like user ID can recognize the user accurately.

Is my understanding right? Please clarify.

Thanks
Priya

---

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:42:41 +0300

Hi Priya,

A termination (representing a user) can only be in one context at a
time.  Typically, in a 3-party scenario, a termination will move between
contexts.  Remember that when the terminations are in different
gateways, the MGC will create the required contexts on each MG.  For
example, suppose A, B and C are physical terminations in different
gateways, and A can bounce back and forth between B and C by pressing
flash.  The MGC would typically create 2 contexts on A's gateway, where
each context contains an ephemeral termination, one of them with a
remote descriptor pointing to B, and the other to C.  Each time A
presses flash, the MGC will MOVE A's physical termination out of one
context and into another.  At the same time, B's and C's physical
terminations are each in their own contexts on their respective MGs,
where each context also contains an ephemeral termination whose remote
descriptor points to A.  As A bounces between talking to B and C, the
MGC will control who hears whom by changing the Mode of each of the
terminations.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Priya Krishnan
Sent: Wednesday, 13 May 2009 8:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Context Id

Hi All,

As a beginner in MeGaco I have one question on context ID. The context
ID is not quite clear to me. Hope to get response. 

A user  can have multiple contexts right ?
Each context indicates a particular set of related terminations.  For
example, if a user is having a 3 way conf call, there are 3 terminations
in a context with an ID. if that user is on call waiting on the other
line , he is in a different context also at the same time. So there are
2 context ids for this user at this point in time. A combination of
context id, termination ID+ other info like user ID can recognize the
user accurately.

Thanks
Priya

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco