Subject: [Megaco] Inventory of H.248 transport modes; RE: Megaco over SCTP

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:55:33 +0200

BTW: draft H.248.67 provides a summary of the presently defined 27 options for transporting H.248 messages.
The H.248 transport mode is tightly coupled to the H.248 Control Association.
 
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0808_Gen/TD-40.zip :

Table 1 - Property values for H.248 transport modes

	Text codepoint

	Binary Codepoint

	Protocol Stack

	Reference

IPv4

	UDP|IP4

	0x0000

	UDP/IPv4

	Annex D of [ITU-T H.248.1]

UDP|IP4-IPS

	0x0001

	UDP/IPsec/IPv4

	+ [IETF RFC 4301]

UDP|IP4-DTLS

	0x0002

	UDP/DTLS/IPv4

	+ [IETF RFC 4347]

TCP|IP4

	0x0003

	TCP/IPv4

	Annex D of [ITU-T H.248.1]

TCP|IP4-IPS

	0x0004

	TCP/IPsec/IPv4

	+ [IETF RFC 4301]

TCP|IP4-TLS

	0x0005

	TCP/TLS/IPv4

	+ [IETF RFC 4346]

SCTP|IP4

	0x0006

	SCTP/IPv4

	[ITU-T H.248.4]

SCTP|IP4-IPS

	0x0007

	SCTP/IPsec/IPv4

	+ [IETF RFC 4301]

SCTP|IP4-TLS

	0x0008

	SCTP/TLS/IPv4

	+ [IETF RFC 4346]

M3UA/SCTP|IP4

	0x0009

	M3UA/SCTP/IPv4

	[ETSI TS 129 202]

M3UA/SCTP|IP4-IPS

	0x000a

	M3UA/SCTP/IPsec/IPv4

	+ [IETF RFC 4301]

M3UA/SCTP|IP4-TLS

	0x000b

	M3UA/SCTP/TLS/IPv4

	+ [IETF RFC 4346]

IPv6

	UDP|IP6

	0x000c

	UDP/IPv6

	Annex D of [ITU-T H.248.1]

UDP|IP6-IPS

	0x000d

	UDP/IPsec/IPv6

	+ [IETF RFC 4301]

UDP|IP6-DTLS

	0x000e

	UDP/DTLS/IPv6

	+ [IETF RFC 4346]

TCP|IP6

	0x000f

	TCP/IPv6

	Annex D of [ITU-T H.248.1]

TCP|IP6-IPS

	0x0010

	TCP/IPsec/IPv6

	+ [IETF RFC 4301]

TCP|IP6-TLS

	0x0011

	TCP/TLS/IPv6

	+ [IETF RFC 4346]

SCTP|IP6

	0x0012

	SCTP/IPv6

	[ITU-T H.248.4]

SCTP|IP6-IPS

	0x0013

	SCTP/IPsec/IPv6

	+ [IETF RFC 4301]

SCTP|IP6-TLS

	0x0014

	SCTP/TLS/IPv6

	+ [IETF RFC 4346]

M3UA/SCTP|IP6

	0x0015

	M3UA/SCTP/IPv6

	[ETSI TS 129 202]

M3UA/SCTP|IP6-IPS

	0x0016

	M3UA/SCTP/IPsec/IPv6

	+ [IETF RFC 4301]

M3UA/SCTP|IP6-TLS

	0x0017

	M3UA/SCTP/TLS/IPv6

	+ [IETF RFC 4346]

ATM

	MTP3b|ATM

	0x0018

	MTP3b/N-SAAL/AAL5/ATM

	clause 4 of [ITU-T H.248.5]

SSCOP|ATM

	0x0019

	SSCOP/AAL5/ATM

	clause 5 of [ITU-T H.248.5]

ALF/AAL5|ATM

	0x001a

	ALF/AAL5/ATM

	clause 6 of [ITU-T H.248.5]

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Schwarz Albrecht
	Sent: Montag, 4. Mai 2009 11:32
	To: Sudhanshu Garg; Eli Liluz; [email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [Megaco] Megaco Over SCTP.

	More info:
	
	*			Standard for H.248-over-SCTP: H.248.4 (http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.248.4/en <http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.248.4/en> )
	*			Supplementary info: see H.Sup7, § 6.1.1 SCTP association establishment (http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.Sup7/en)
	*			H.248 profiles may provide additional procedural aspects on H.248 transport details.
	*			H.248 transport mode changes (e.g. from UDP to SCTP, from UDP/IPv4 to UDP/IPv6, etc):
		see draft ITU-T Rec. H.248.67 (ex H.248.TrM) "Gateway control protocol: GCP transport mode indication package"
		=> latest draft: http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0808_Gen/TD-40.zip <http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0808_Gen/TD-40.zip> 

	-Albrecht

________________________________

		From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sudhanshu Garg
		Sent: Montag, 4. Mai 2009 11:25
		To: Eli Liluz; [email-masked]
		Subject: Re: [Megaco] Megaco Over SCTP.

		Hi,

		Please refer "H.248.4: Gateway control protocol: Transport over Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)".

		It should help.

		Regards,

		Sudhanshu Garg

		Engineering Project Manager

		Ph: +91 124  4176218

		Mob: +91 9999500798

		A R I C E N T

		________________________________

				From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Eli Liluz
		Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 2:51 PM
		To: [email-masked]
		Subject: [Megaco] Megaco Over SCTP.

		Hi all.

		I have got a question regarding Megaco running over SCTP transport layer.

		Is there any change in the behavior of Megaco layer in case it runs over UDP or over SCTP?

		Is there any need to modify the algorithm of the retransmission?

		Is there any standard that deals with this issue?

		Thank you,

		Eli Liluz.

________________________________

		"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."