Subject: [Megaco] Control of T.38-to-V.152 interworking; RE: About fax control mode

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:45:25 +0200

Gary,
 
guess your outlined control modes are consider the positioning of an
H.248 MG between an IP and PSTN/ISDN domain.
Concerning the next scenario of IP-to-IP interworking, you may have a
look in Draft V.IP2IP-VxF.
There's an H.248 example flow in Appendix II ...
 
-Albrecht
 
TD 13R1 (WP 1/16)
Draft ITU-T Rec. V.IP2IP-VxF - Realtime Facsimile Services for IP
peering: Procedures for T.38-to-V.152 interworking

Appendix II H.248 bearer establishment procedure examples. 14
<outbind://37/#_Toc219275970> 

II.1........ Introduction. 14 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275971> 

II.2........ MG state transitioning: MGC-strict controlled method versus
MG autonomous transitioning  14 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275972> 

II.3........ Example network model 14 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275973> 

II.3.1..... H.248 decomposed gateway model 14
<outbind://37/#_Toc219275974> 

II.3.2..... Example media capability negotiation process on call/session
control level 15 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275975> 

II.4........ Example signalling. 17 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275976> 

II.4.1..... Auditing supported capabilities. 17
<outbind://37/#_Toc219275977> 

II.4.2     Creating a V.152-to-T.38 Context 17
<outbind://37/#_Toc219275978> 

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Gary Li
	Sent: Mittwoch, 26. August 2009 07:00
	To: 'Deepak Bissa'; [email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [Megaco] About fax control mode

	Hi Deepak,

	Yes, I got the answer at the Annex E2.2.

	Thanks a lot,

	Regards,

	Gary

________________________________

	From: Deepak Bissa [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:36 AM
	To: Gary Li; [email-masked]
	Subject: RE: [Megaco] About fax control mode

	Hi Gary,

	ITU-T Rec. T.38 (Appendix III) describes the softswitch control
and MG Autonomous switchover to fax.

	Packages used in softswitch control fax e.g. ctyp, fax and ipfax
are published in ITU-T Rec. H.248.2.

	With regards,

	Deepak Bissa

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Gary Li
	Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:23 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] About fax control mode

	Hi,

	About fax mode, there are four control mode.

	1.       non-control 

	2.       RTCP control 

	3.       softswitch control

	4.       Auto VBD(gateway self-negociate)

	Can any one help me clarify the means of above fax mode?

	And what the MGC behaviour when choose the mode?

	PS: I can't find it at any IETF or ITU document. If anyone
knows, pls tell me.

	Any information will be appreciated!

	Thanks

	Regards,

	Gary

________________________________

	"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.
If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no
responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the
information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: "Gary Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:02:30 +0800

Albrecht,

Thanks for remind me.

Fax really made me headache...

Best Regards,

Gary

  _____  

From: Schwarz Albrecht [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:45 AM
To: Gary Li; Deepak Bissa; [email-masked]
Subject: Control of T.38-to-V.152 interworking; RE: [Megaco] About fax
control mode

Gary,

guess your outlined control modes are consider the positioning of an H.248
MG between an IP and PSTN/ISDN domain.

Concerning the next scenario of IP-to-IP interworking, you may have a look
in Draft V.IP2IP-VxF.

-Albrecht

TD 13R1 (WP 1/16)

Draft ITU-T Rec. V.IP2IP-VxF - Realtime Facsimile Services for IP peering:
Procedures for T.38-to-V.152 interworking

Appendix <outbind://37/#_Toc219275970>  II H.248 bearer establishment
procedure examples  14

II.1 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275971>     Introduction  14

II.2 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275972>     MG state transitioning: MGC-strict
controlled method versus MG autonomous transitioning  14

II.3 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275973>     Example network model 14

II.3.1 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275974>        H.248 decomposed gateway model
14

II.3.2 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275975>        Example media capability
negotiation process on call/session control level 15

II.4 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275976>     Example signalling  17

II.4.1 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275977>        Auditing supported capabilities
17

II.4.2 <outbind://37/#_Toc219275978>      Creating a V.152-to-T.38 Context
17

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Gary Li
Sent: Mittwoch, 26. August 2009 07:00
To: 'Deepak Bissa'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] About fax control mode

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Gary

  _____  

Hi Gary,

ITU-T Rec. T.38 (Appendix III) describes the softswitch control and MG
Autonomous switchover to fax.

Packages used in softswitch control fax e.g. ctyp, fax and ipfax are
published in ITU-T Rec. H.248.2.

With regards,

Deepak Bissa

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Gary Li
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] About fax control mode

Hi,

1. non-control 

2. RTCP control 

3. softswitch control

PS: I can't find it at any IETF or ITU document. If anyone knows, pls tell
me.

Thanks

Regards,

Gary

  _____  

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used
for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this
message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from
virus."