Subject: [Megaco] Query Regarding Long Timer in conjuction with HandOff in H.248

From: "sushil kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 14:44:40 +0530

Hi All,

I need a help , what should be the behavior of MG (H.248 Protocol) in
following scenario:-

1. MGC1 established association with MG 

2. MGC1 initiate Add 1 request towards MG with transaction ID(let
transactionID be 2)

3. MG responded the Add request and should keep a copy of it for 30 sec
(LONG Timer ) so that it can response back if same transaction request comes
again.

4. Now MGC1 initiate handoff towards MGC2 (upto this point LONG timer did
not expire ) .

5. MGC2 established association with MG(upto this point LONG timer did not
expire ) .

6. Now MGC2 initiate Add 2  request towards MG with transaction ID 1( same
as above) and still LONG Timer did not expire.

What should be the expected response from MG ?

i) Should it reply this Add2 request?

    Or

ii) should in response of this request (having same transaction Id  and Long
timer did not expire ) MG  should return the same response which it saved
already?

Currently it respond with the OLD response which it already saved .

Please find the attached call flow for reference.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards

Sushil