Subject: [Megaco] CDRs from MGW

From: "Priya, Geetha (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:54:00 +0800

Hi All,

Anyone aware of what type of charging details [CDRs] are sent from Media
Gateway. I am assuming some type of billing decisions made based on QoS
user gets [like MoS, delay , jitter etc].
I don't see any spec talking about this.

Thanks in advance
Geetha

---

From: "Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:45:48 +0200

Any interfaces to charging systems, billing servers, QoS servers, etc are usually on MGC level, not at MG level.
Consequently, if your  indicated information elements like performance measurements, QoS metrics, etc from bearer level would be subject of CDRs, then correspondent H.248 statistics would be applied at the H.248 interface.

________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Priya, Geetha (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
Sent: Montag, 12. Juli 2010 06:54
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] CDRs from MGW

Hi All,

Anyone aware of what type of charging details [CDRs] are sent from Media Gateway. I am assuming some type of billing decisions made based on QoS user gets [like MoS, delay , jitter etc].

Thanks in advance

Geetha

---

From: "Priya, Geetha (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:58:49 +0800

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  

Typically the performance measurements are to be considered for charging
and hence must be part of CDR, but I don't see such info being
transferred. I am actually looking into this from IMS perspective, the
MGCF-CDR has no info on these .. so I am wondering how the billing
domain computes cost based on this.. the Application server has more to
say about application but I am looking  into charging based on voice
quality. Does it makes sense?

I will also look into H.248 statistics.

Best regards

Geetha

From: ext Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht)
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:16 PM
To: Priya, Geetha (NSN - IN/Bangalore); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: CDRs from MGW

Any interfaces to charging systems, billing servers, QoS servers, etc
are usually on MGC level, not at MG level.

Consequently, if your  indicated information elements like performance
measurements, QoS metrics, etc from bearer level would be subject of
CDRs, then correspondent H.248 statistics would be applied at the H.248
interface.

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Priya, Geetha (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
	Sent: Montag, 12. Juli 2010 06:54
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] CDRs from MGW

	Hi All,

	Anyone aware of what type of charging details [CDRs] are sent
from Media Gateway. I am assuming some type of billing decisions made
based on QoS user gets [like MoS, delay , jitter etc].

	Thanks in advance

	Geetha

---

From: "Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:14:59 +0200

Thus, you should raise your question on the correspondent 3GPP email lists (SA2, CT3, CT4) (because it would be subject of an 3GPP H.248 Proflie (for Mn, Mc, Mp, Ix or Iq)), rather than the IETF list.

You may find a recent discussion paper of my company on that topic,
Measurements and statistics in IMS - Use Cases
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ct/WG3_interworking_ex-CN3/TSGC3_58_Kyoto_Japan/Doc/C3-100469.zip<http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ct/WG3_interworking_ex-CN3/TSGC3_58_Kyoto_Japan/Doc/>
-> 3.5     Case #5: Served user of statistics = Charging system..

The present status of correspondent support by 3GPP solutions has nothing to do with H.248, it's rather the overall 3GPP charging architecture as part of 3GPP IMS.

Like to recommend that your contact your NSN CT3 delegates.

________________________________
From: Priya, Geetha (NSN - IN/Bangalore) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Dienstag, 13. Juli 2010 10:59
To: Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: CDRs from MGW

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Typically the performance measurements are to be considered for charging and hence must be part of CDR, but I don't see such info being transferred. I am actually looking into this from IMS perspective, the MGCF-CDR has no info on these .. so I am wondering how the billing domain computes cost based on this.. the Application server has more to say about application but I am looking  into charging based on voice quality. Does it makes sense?

Best regards
Geetha

From: ext Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:16 PM
To: Priya, Geetha (NSN - IN/Bangalore); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: CDRs from MGW

Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Geetha

---

From: "Bhattacharjee, Arindam (Arindam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:40:38 -0500

MGCF CDR generation is outside the scope of H.248.
The QoS statistics sent from MG on H.248 per stream basis can be mapped per call leg in MGC call control application and can be  included in CDR. Billing system apps can use those CDR fields for charging. But those are upto the respective  implementation of MGC or billing apps  & outside the scope of H.248
-Arindam

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Priya, Geetha (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:59 AM
To: Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht); [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] CDRs from MGW

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Best regards
Geetha

Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Geetha