Subject: [Megaco] Results of the recent ITU-T Q3/16 meeting

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:42:19 +1000

Hello all,

Q3/16 on Media Gateway Control protocols recently met and approved 7
Recommendations:
------------------
H.248.39 "H.248 SDP parameter identification and wildcarding” (Rev.)
H.248.57: "Gateway control protocol: RTP control protocol package" (Rev.)
H.248.89 (ex H.248.TCP) "Gateway control protocol: TCP support packages" (New)
H.248.90 (ex H.248.TLS) "Gateway control protocol: H.248 packages for
control of transport security using TLS" (New)
H.248.91 (ex H.248.TLSPROF) "Guidelines on the use of H.248 capabilities
for transport security in TLS networks in H.248 Profiles" (New)
H.248.92 (ex H.248.SEPLINK) "Gateway control protocol: Stream endpoint
interlinkage package" (New)
H.248.93 (ex H.248.DTLS) "Gateway control protocol: H.248 support for
control of transport security using DTLS" (New)

Approved two Supplements:
--------------------------
H.Sup.13 (ex H.Sup.Term) "Gateway Control Protocol: Common ITU-T H.248
terminology – Release 1" (New)
H.Sup.14 (ex H.Sup.IANA) "SDP codepoints for gateway control – Release
1" (New)

And continued work of the following work items:
-----------------------------------------------
H.248.50 "Gateway control protocol: NAT traversal toolkit packages"
(Rev.): Output draft
H.248.66 (ex H.248.RTSP) "Packages for RTSP and H.248 interworking"
(New): Input draft
H.248.74 (ex H.248.MRCP) "Media Resource Control enhancement Packages"
(New): Input draft
H.248.78 "Gateway control protocol: Bearer-level application level
gateway" (Rev.): Output draft
H.248.81 Amd.2: Input text
H.248.Cloud "Gateway control protocol: Cloudification of packet
gateways" (New): Initial draft
H.248.RTPMUX “Gateway Control Protocol: H.248 support for RTP
multiplexing” (New): Output draft
H.248.SCTP “Gateway Control Protocol: H.248 support for control of SCTP
bearer connections” (New): Output draft
H.248.Shaper (New): "Gateway control protocol: H.248 support for traffic
shaping" (New): Initial draft
H.248.STGROUP “Gateway Control Protocol: H.248 Stream grouping and
aggregation” (New): Output draft
H.248.WEBRTC "Guidelines on the use of H.248 capabilities for web-based
real-time communication services in H.248 profiles" (New): Output draft
H.248 Sub-series Implementors' Guide (Rev.): Output draft
H-Series Supplement 2 “H.248.x sub-series packages guide – Release 16”
(Rev.): output draft
H.Sup.OpenFlow: "Gateway Control Protocol: Protocol evaluation of
OpenFlow versus ITU-T H.248" (New): Output draft

The output documents for these items can be found at:
http://wftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2013-2016/1406_Sap/1406_Sap.html

Regards, Christian