Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Mentoring program management going forward

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:03:48 -0800

I'd like to have a bit of  chat about management of the mentoring program
going forward. We could do it over email but since we'll all be in London I
thought we could try to meet face-to-face to discuss it briefly. Do people
have 15-20 minutes to spare for this after the last WG session on Thursday,
or on Friday afternoon (March 6) after 15:30? I have preciously few open
slots but those two are available.

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:39:40 +0000

Thursday would be much better for me personally.

On 2014-2-26, at 3:03, Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'd like to have a bit of  chat about management of the mentoring program going forward. We could do it over email but since we'll all be in London I thought we could try to meet face-to-face to discuss it briefly. Do people have 15-20 minutes to spare for this after the last WG session on Thursday, or on Friday afternoon (March 6) after 15:30? I have preciously few open slots but those two are available.
> _______________________________________________
> mentoring-coordinators mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 05:39:50 -0500

Thursday is better for me, as well.

> On Feb 26, 2014, at 3:39 AM, "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:05:42 -0500

I can reserve the IESG Breakout Room (Victoria) for Thursday at 2100 for
this chat.  Does that work?

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:07:20 -0800

Oh, I thought we were talking about 18:30 (although now I see that SCIM is
meeting until 20:40). Does 18:30 work?

On 2/27/14 7:05 AM, "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>> I'd like to have a bit of  chat about management of the mentoring
>>>>program going forward. We could do it over email but since we'll all
>>>>be in London I thought we could try to meet face-to-face to discuss it
>>>>briefly. Do people have 15-20 minutes to spare for this after the last
>>>>WG session on Thursday, or on Friday afternoon (March 6) after 15:30?
>>>>I have preciously few open slots but those two are available.

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:14:38 -0500

Yeah, with the cancellation of B-n-B, the schedule has changed.  My only
concern with 1830 is if Robert needs to be in SCIM.  If that is not a
conflict, we can slide earlier.

Brian

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:32:55 -0600

I also assumed 1830. I'm not currently planning to go to scim.

Should we start by email though?
I think we've got a few things to go through, in priority order:

1) Who's going to be the primary driver? (Brian and Alissa are going to 
be busy, and I don't want to take it.
2) Do we need more matchers (I think we do.)
3) What tooling do we really want now that we have some runtime using 
the spreadsheet.

Am I missing anything?

RjS

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:51:54 -0500

> I also assumed 1830. I'm not currently planning to go to scim.

I will adjust the room reservation, just so we have it.

> Should we start by email though?

Sure.

> be busy, and I don't want to take it.

One option would be to ask for volunteers from the community to keep it
running.

> 2) Do we need more matchers (I think we do.)

I would like input from folks doing the matching.  How time-consuming
has this round been?

> 3) What tooling do we really want now that we have some runtime using

I *think* it would be good to have on-line sign-up forms for both
mentors and mentees.  It seems rather cumbersome to have mentors
re-volunteering for each meeting.  A form where they could add/withdraw
their names would be good, IMO.

> Am I missing anything?

I can't think of anything at this point.

Regards,
Brian