Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Heading towards matching

From: "Alissa Cooper (alcoop)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:24:49 +0000

Hi folks,

I have updated the "mentors" sheet in the Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4OS7RZgZwHdE81S0NVbTFPNTZUTD
JWSkhCRWVkWlE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

There is a new column called "Available in London." All the past mentors
who sent me mail indicating that they are available to mentor in London
are listed there with a "Y," as well as all the new people who signed up
to mentor in the last few weeks. So you can filter on that column to see
which mentors are available in London.

Would one of you be able to take the emails from prospective mentees that
have been sent to this list and add them to the "participants" sheet? Feel
free to indicate that they are London-specific however you'd like. Once we
have that info in the spreadsheet I think we'll be ready to start
matching. It looks like there are about 12-15 mentee applicants thus far.

One wrinkle with the mentees is that a few people who will be attending
the IETF as part of ISOC's policy fellows program mistakenly signed up for
mentors. They should not be included in the spreadsheet. The full list of
ISOC policy fellows is below.

I think we could do a first round of matching and maybe have Jari/Alexa
send a reminder around about the program next week, after which we'll
likely need to do another round of matching. Sound ok to everyone?

Thanks,
Alissa

Coppens Pasteur Ndayiragije	Burundi
Hodge Semakula	Rwanda
Daniel Obam	Kenya
Issah Yahaya	Ghana
Małgorzata Steiner	Poland
Caroline Hammarberg	UNESCO
Bakarr Tarawally	Sierra Leone
Salam Yamout	Lebanon
Odon Kasindi	DRC
Jeffrey Dogley	Seychelles
Ihsan Durdu	Turkey
Antony Chigaazira	Botswana
Caroline Greer	ETNO
Elizabeth Martin Nzagi	Tanzania
Angelique Weeks	Liberia
Nashwa Gadelhak Abdelhalim Gad	Egypt

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:47:57 -0600

I've updated the spreadsheet, creating new pages for IETF 89.

I've added the requests for mentoring that I found (and one mentor 
volunteer from today).

Please start matching. (If you know you won't be helping this time, 
please say so - lets avoid
anyone having to rush matches at the end).

Keep in mind that the mentoring relationship is intended to last beyond 
meetings - try not
to overload anyone who took someone on already (that's continuing to 
participate). If in
doubt, ask the potential mentor before making the match.

Thanks!

RjS

On 2/13/14, 1:24 PM, Alissa Cooper (alcoop) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mentoring-coordinators mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:54:37 -0800

Thanks, Robert. 

None of the mentors listed as available in London have continued mentoring
a previous participant, so they should all be able to take on a new person.

Alissa

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 08:06:10 +0000

Have we run the list of mentees past ISOC? I think they wanted to not have their ISOC Fellows included.

Lars

On 2014-2-17, at 22:47, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've added the requests for mentoring that I found (and one mentor volunteer from today).
> 
> Please start matching. (If you know you won't be helping this time, please say so - lets avoid
> Keep in mind that the mentoring relationship is intended to last beyond meetings - try not
> to overload anyone who took someone on already (that's continuing to participate). If in

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 08:47:09 -0600

> Have we run the list of mentees past ISOC? I think they wanted to not have their ISOC Fellows included.
Alissa listed the ISOC fellows in her original message (copied at the 
end here). I made sure not to include
any of them in the spreadsheet.