Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for a mentor for IETF95

From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:35:33 +0000

Hi there,

Would like to put my name forward for becoming a mentor for upcoming
IETF 95, if my skills and qualifications would be seen as suitable. I will be attending the meeting in Buenos Aires.

Below are the details of the mentoring form.

Full name: Ignas Bagdonas

Email address: [email-masked]

Affiliation: Routing System Ltd

Country in which you are based: UK

Gender: Male

IETF area(s) of expertise: RTG and OPS would be main ones, INT as a
secondary.

IETF WGs that you are familiar with: idr i2rs mpls ccamp isis pce bfd
nvo3 bess pals rtgwg grow netconf netmod trill bier lime.

How many years have you been participating in the IETF? Since 2001 on
and off, since 2010 constantly involved.

What other SDOs and/or technical activities do you engage in? Following
BBF, ITU-T for packet transport development, ONF, somewhat involved with
OIF, selected topics at IEEE 802.1.

What languages other than English would you be comfortable conversing in
with your mentee? Russian. In fact this would be my main interest in
putting the name forward for being a mentor, as in many events and
conferences discussing with attendees from Russian-speaking countries,
the language barrier is noted as a major one to be able to get into the
community. Therefore if anyone from that region would be looking for a
mentor, I would be happy to help. Lithuanian too, although I guess then
I would have to be a mentor for myself. :-)

Do you plan to attend the newcomers' meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00?
Would plan to, unless there is a major conflict with YANG editing
session (time does conflict, cannot say at the moment whether will have
to be there), and possibly hackathon.

Do you plan to attend the welcome reception on Sunday at 17:00? Yes.

Any other info you'd like to share: Would be interested to help someone
from LT, LV, EE, RU, UA, PL, GE, or around, or Russian-speaking if
language would be a barrier for them. However this is not a major criteria.

Thank you.

Ignas

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:49:22 +0000 (UTC)

Ignas,
Thank you so much for your help!   We would love to have you.
There will be more information coming soon. Nalini

      From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
 To: [email-masked] 
 Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 11:35 AM
 Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for a mentor for IETF95

Hi there,

Gender: Male

Thank you.

Ignas

_______________________________________________
mentoring-coordinators mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators