Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Mentoring introductions

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:45:35 -0700

Dear Holger Freyther,

Welcome to the mentoring programme! In this programme we aim to
facilitate knowledge transfer between experienced IETF-ers and new
participants in the community. The IETF is not your typical
organization so some help along the way might help you make your
landing a bit smoother, so you will stay with us longer!

It is my pleasure to act as your mentor during the day you'll be at the
IETF.  It sounds like you'll be arriving on Monday?  Or you arriving
Sunday night?  Do note that DNSOP isn't meeting until Wednesday at this
point, which I know you described interest in.

Good topics to look into ahead of time (and I'd be happy to answer
questions about) include the IETF toolchain, the meeting agenda, the
IETF app, how to use jabber rooms, the IETF document datatracker (where
all Internet Drafts, Working Group and Research Group agenda's and RFCs
can be found), and more! Much of this info can also be found in the Tao
of the IETF at https://ietf.org/tao .

Specific questions about your favorite topics of interest are wise to
ask as well such as: relevant working groups or research groups,
relevant authors, working group chairs and area directors.  You might
want to discuss trending issues in the upcoming meetings (also check the
ISOC "rough guides" in the IETF journal)

Wes