Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Assistance with standards development

From: John Wason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:56:46 -0400

To whom it may concern,

I am the developer of Robot Raconteur, a network and interprocess 
communication library for robotics and automation applications. Due to 
the nature of the applications, it was necessary to design a custom 
binary protocol. While the library is currently closed source, I plan to 
open source it once the next version is ready. As part of this open 
sourcing process I will need to develop a set of detailed standards to 
make sure that compatibility does not become a problem. I also want to 
make sure there are not any glaring security problems in the protocol 
design. I am not sure if the standards will be released as part of the 
IETF or a  a new working group, however I am hoping that the IETF can 
help guide me through the standards writing process.

Thank you,

     -Dr. John Wason

-- 
John Wason, Ph.D.
Wason Technology, LLC
PO Box 669
Tuxedo, NY 10987
(518) 279-6234
[email-masked]