Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] I want to participate in IETF

From: Andres Villarroel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 11:52:20 -0300

Hi, i'm Andrés Villarroel. I'm a recently graduated Telecommunications
Engineer from Argentina who wants to begin participating in IETF.

I read in IETF website that after requesting for a guide there should be a
face-to-face meeting in a IETF meeting. For me is difficult to participate
in meetings because of economic and work reasons. I would like to know if i
can do the whole process remotely.

Best regards.

---------------------------------------
Andrés R. Villarroel

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:43:52 -0800

Hi Andres,

First, welcome to the IETF!  I hope you enjoy your experience with the
organization, be it in person or remotely.

The IETF's primary form of communication is mailing lists.  The three
face-to-face meetings every year are gathering points where more rapid
discussions can take place.  Most (all?) of the meetings have remote
participation support, allowing you to both follow the discussions remotely
as well as communicate to the meeting rooms remotely via a microphone/video
camera.

Please make sure you have the time to read the Tao of the IETF as well, as
it's an excellent introduction to the IETF.

https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/tao/

Cheers!

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 6:52 AM Andres Villarroel <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> mentoring-coordinators mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators
>

-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI