Subject: [MEXT] Call for participation: MobiArch'07

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 21:27:52 +0200

Dear all,

Hope the following workshop call for participation be of interest for 
the group here.

Best regards,
Xiaoming
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MobiArch 2007 - The Second International Workshop on Mobility in the
Evolving Internet Architecture, August 27, 2007, Kyoto, Japan
sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM
in cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE
http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2007/mobiarch/

in conjunction with ACM SIGCOMM 2007, August 27-31, 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two keynotes will be speaking on latest advances and selected topics in
the emerging and future wireless/mobile network architectures. They are:

     Krishan K. Sabnani (Bell Labs): Key Technologies and Architectures
for the Next-Generation Mobile Networks

     Victor Bahl (Microsoft Research): Are Self Managing Networks in Our
Future?

Further information please find in
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007/keynote.html

Besides presentations and discussions of 11 technical papers selected
through a rigorous peer-review process, there will be a panel session on
the deployment issues of 4G and beyond, led by active researchers from
both the industry and academia.

Registration information is available at
http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2007/registration.html

We look forward to seeing you at the MobiArch'07 workshop in three weeks!

- The MobiArch'07 organizating team
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MobiArch'07 Program
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007/#program

9:00 - 9:10 Welcome messages and introduction: Chairs

9:10 - 10:05 Session "Mobility Architectures"

     Mobility as an Integrated Service Through the Use of Naming
        Randall Atkinson (Extreme Networks, USA); Saleem Bhatti
(University of St Andrews, United Kingdom); Stephen Hailes (University
College London, United Kingdom)

     An Architecture for Seamless Mobility in Spontaneous Wireless Mesh
Networks
         Franck Rousseau (IMAG, France); Martin Heusse (LSR IMAG,
France); Yan Grunenberger (LSR Laboratory, France); Vincent Untz
(LSR-IMAG Laboratory, France); Eryk Schiller (INPG - Institut National
Politechnique, France); Paul Starzetz (LSR, France); Fabrice Theoleyre
(INP Grenoble, France); Olivier Alphand (INP Grenoble, France); Andrzej
Duda (INP Grenoble, LIG Laboratory, France)

     A Framework for Evolutionary Networking
         Gautam Gupta (Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India);
S.v. Raghavan (Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai, India)

10:05 - 11:00 Keynote speech 1

11:15 - 12:10 Session "Locator/Identifier Separation"

     Performance of Host Identity Protocol on Lightweight Hardware
         Andrey Khurri (HIIT, Finland); Ekaterina Vorobyeva (HIIT,
Finland); Andrei Gurtov (Helsinki Institute for Information Technology,
Finland)

     Evaluating the Benefits of the Locator/Identifier Separation
         Bruno Quoitin (Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium);
Luigi Iannone (Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium); Cédric de
Launois (Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium); Olivier Bonaventure
(Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium)

     Embedding Identity in Mobile Environments
         Rui Aguiar (Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal); Alfredo Matos
(Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal); Susana Sargento (Universidade de
Aveiro, Portugal, Portugal)

13:15 - 13:50 Session "Delay Tolerant Networks"

     Distributed Community Detection in Delay Tolerant Networks
         Pan Hui (Univeristy of Cambridge, United Kingdom); Eiko Yoneki
(University of Cambridge, United Kingdom); Shu-Yan Chan (University of
Cambridge, United Kingdom); Jon Crowcroft (University of Cambridge,
United Kingdom)

     Redundancy and Distributed Caching in Mobile DTNs
         Mikko Pitkanen (Helsinki Institute of Physics, Finland); Joerg
Ott (Helsinki University of Technology, Finland)

13:55 - 14:50 Keynote speech 2

15:05 - 16:00 Panel session: Stagnation of deployment of 4G and beyond?
Chair:  Ryuji Wakikawa (Keio University, JP)
Panelists:
         Lars Eggert (Nokia Research Center, FI)
         Yoshiro Ohba (Toshiba Research, US)
         Joerg Ott (Helsinki University of Technology, FI)
         K. K. Ramakrishnan (AT&T Labs, US)
         Jun Takei (Intel Corporation, JP)

16:05 - 17:00 Session "Handover, Multihoming and Data Management"

     Kerberized Handover Keying: A Media-Independent Handover Key
Management Architecture
         Yoshihiro Ohba (TARI, USA); Subir Das (Telcordia Technologies,
USA); Ashutosh Dutta (Telcordia Technologies, USA)

     A Policy Management Framework for Flow Distribution on Multihomed
End Nodes
         Koshiro Mitsuya (Keio University, Japan); Romain Kuntz (Louis
Pasteur University, France); Shinta Sugimoto (Keio University, Japan);
Ryuji Wakikawa (Keio University, Japan); Jun Murai (Keio University, Japan)

     The Case for a Unified Extensible Data-centric Mobility
Infrastructure
         Yun Mao (University of Pennsylvania, USA); Boon Thau Loo
(University of Pennsylvania, USA); Zachary Ives (University of
Pennsylvania, USA);  Jonathan Smith (University of Pennsylvania, USA)

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext