Subject: [MEXT] New versions (-04) of the firewall vendor and admin drafts

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 14:09:53 -0400

Hi Folks,
   We have submitted new versions of the firewall vendor guidelines and 
the administrator guidelines drafts to address the issues raised during 
the earlier reviews and during the IETF71 mext meeting. Please take a 
look and let us know if you have any comments or issues.

Thanks
Suresh

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-krishnan-mip6-firewall-admin-04.txt
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Guidelines for firewall administrators regarding 
MIPv6 traffic
	Author(s)       : S. Krishnan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-mip6-firewall-admin-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-04-30

This document presents some recommendations for firewall
administrators to help them configure their existing firewalls in a
way that allows in certain deployment scenarios the Mobile IPv6
signaling and data messages to pass through.  For other scenarios,
the support of additional mechanisms to create pinholes required for
MIPv6 will be necessary.  This document assumes that the firewalls in
question include some kind of stateful packet filtering capability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishnan-mip6-firewall-admin-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-krishnan-mip6-firewall-vendor-04.txt
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Guidelines for firewall vendors regarding MIPv6 traffic
	Author(s)       : S. Krishnan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-mip6-firewall-vendor-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-04-30

This document presents some recommendations for firewall vendors to
help them implement their firewalls in a way that allows Mobile IPv6
signaling and data messages to pass through.  This document describes
how to implement stateful packet filtering capability for MIPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishnan-mip6-firewall-vendor-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: MARCELO BAGNULO BRAUN <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 20:55:28 +0200

Hi,

As you know, we have a deliverable in our charter that covers the 
firewall MIPv6 work.
Julien and myslef would like to know if people are ok with accepting 
these document as WG items for this charter items.
Please comment.

Thanks, Julien and marcelo

Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]> dijo:

> Hi Folks,
>   We have submitted new versions of the firewall vendor guidelines 
> and the administrator guidelines drafts to address the issues raised 
> during the earlier reviews and during the IETF71 mext meeting. Please 
> take a look and let us know if you have any comments or issues.
>
> Thanks
> Suresh
>

-- 
----
MARCELO BAGNULO BRAUN
WebCartero
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid

---

From: Noriaki TAKAMIYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 11:05:55 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

>> Wed, 07 May 2008 14:09:53 -0400
>> [Subject: [MEXT] New versions (-04) of the firewall vendor and admin drafts]
>> Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]> wrote...

> look and let us know if you have any comments or issues.

  I'v not been the meeting for a long time, and if it is insufficient,
  correct me.

  Firewall configuration for MIPv6 is also described in RFC4890 and
  RFC4942.

  How about refer to these document?

  example)
  4.3.2 in RFC4890
  2.1.2, 2.1.15  in RFC4942

  Regareds,

--
Noriaki TAKAMIYA