Subject: [MEXT] AD review of draft-ietf-mext-aaa-ha-goals-01

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:05:35 +0300

I have done my AD review on this document.

The document is ready to move forward, but I wanted to note something 
regarding requirement G2.12.

This requirement says that it must be possible to support IKEv2 shared 
secret authentication. I can see some good and bad ways of implementing 
this in terms of the solutions. Is the solution already in some document?

I think we want to pay close attention to how this requirement is 
fulfilled and make sure the architecture is right. (Sending keys vs. 
specific keys for this HA vs. asking the server to calculate an 
authentication value, binding of access keys to things that go across 
accesses, mandatory vs. optional confidentiality of transported keys, 
etc.) I will ask for early security review on the solutions.

Jari

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "Giaretta, Gerardo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:12:11 -0700

Hi Jari,

Thanks for the review. 

Concerning the solution, it is specified in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-09.txt 

Gerardo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Jari Arkko
> Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:06 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Pasi Eronen; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [MEXT] AD review of draft-ietf-mext-aaa-ha-goals-01
>

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:18:46 +0200

Hi Jari,

thanks for the feedback

just to make sure, is there something you want us (either the MEXT WG or 
the editors of the document) to do about this?

regards, marcelo

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:26:24 +0300

> just to make sure, is there something you want us (either the MEXT WG 
> or the editors of the document) to do about this?

You should follow-up with security ADs (Cced) to make sure the review is 
happening.

Jari