Subject: [MEXT] Protocol Action: 'Mobile IPv6 Support for Dual Stack Hosts and Routers' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:55:52 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobile IPv6 Support for Dual Stack Hosts and Routers '
   <draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-10.txt

Technical Summary

   The current Mobile IPv6 and NEMO specifications support IPv6 only.
   This specification extends those standards to allow the registration
   of IPv4 addresses and prefixes, respectively, and the transport of
   both IPv4 and IPv6 packets over the tunnel to the home agent. This 
   specification also allows the Mobile Node to roam over both IPv6 and
   IPv4, including the case where Network Address Translation is present
   on the path between the mobile node and its home agent.

Working Group Summary

    This document is a product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6
    (MEXT) working group.

Document Quality

   Pasi Eronen reviewed the specification and his comments regarding
   interaction of DSMIPv6 with the IPsec architecture were resolved.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd for this document is Julien Laganier
   (MEXT WG co-chair). The Responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko
   (Internet Area Director).

RFC Editor Note

  Please add the following paragraph to the end of Section 5.4.4:

  This specification does not support mobile nodes returning home
  while using IPv4. That is, the IPv4 support is only defined for
  mobile nodes that are in a visited network.