Subject: [MEXT] FW: New Version Notification for draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-02

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:15:35 +0200

FYI,

------ Forwarded Message

A new version of I-D, draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-02.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Jouni Korhonen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec
Revision:        02
Title:           Security architecture for Mobile IPv6 using TLS
Creation_date:   2009-10-13
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 36

Abstract:
Mobile IPv6 signaling between the mobile node and home agent is
secured using IPsec.  The security association between a mobile node
and the home agent is established using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  The security
model specified for Mobile IPv6 requires interaction between the
Mobile IPv6 protocol module and the IKE/IPsec module of the IP stack.
Implementation and deployment concerns exist with such a security
architecture.  This document proposes an alternate security
framework, which relies on Transport Layer Security for establishing
keying material and obtaining bootstrapping parameters required for
protecting Mobile IPv6 signaling and data traffic between the mobile
node and home agent.

The IETF Secretariat.

------ End of Forwarded Message