Subject: [MEXT] Protocol Action: 'Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:02:45 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility '
   <draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-14.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines a binding revocation mechanism to terminate a 
   mobile node's mobility session and the associated resources. These
   semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in
   the case of Mobile IPv6 and its extensions. This mechanism allows the
   mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure to request
   its corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or all 
   specified binding cache entries.

Working Group Summary

   This is a product of the MEXT WG. The document's progress was 
   coordinated with the NETLMM WG.

Document Quality

   The mechanism specified by this document is relied upon by the
   Evolved Packet System developed by 3GPP and as thus will be
   implemented by 3GPP vendors.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd is Julien Laganier. The Sponsoring AD
   is Jari Arkko.

RFC Editor Note

  Add an "Updates: RFC 3775" header to the top

  Change in the Abstract:
  OLD:
   These
   semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in
   the case of Mobile IPv6 and its extensions.  This mechanism allows
   the mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure to
   request its corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or
   all specified binding cache entries.
  NEW:
   This mechanism can be used both with base Mobile IPv6 and
   its extensions, such as Proxy Mobile IPv6. The mechanism allows
   the mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure to
   request its peer to terminate either one, multiple or
   all specified binding cache entries.