Subject: [MEXT] RFC3775bis dereg issue

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:09:50 +0200

Hi Charlie,

In Rev 5 of the I-D posted at the URL in your earlier email, Sec 10.3.2
states:

"
When the Status
   field in the Binding Acknowledgement is greater than or equal to 128
   and the Source Address of the Binding Update is on the home link, the
   home agent MUST send it to the mobile node's link layer address
   (retrieved either from the Binding Update or through Neighbor
   Solicitation).

"

The MN may be on a virtual HL and hence there may not be a LLA for the MN to
which the BAck can be sent. IMO the above sentence should be revised by
deleting the part about sending it to the LLA and the clarification in the
parentheses.

-Basavaraj

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:49:12 -0700

Hello Basavaraj,

What if I add another clause, to say that the mandate
is placed when the Binding Update came from a mobile
node on the same link?

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:13:58 +0200

Hi Charlie,

> is placed when the Binding Update came from a mobile

I think that would work.Thx.

-Basavaraj