Subject: [MEXT] RFC 5846 on Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5846

        Title:      Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility 
        Author:     A. Muhanna, M. Khalil,
                    S. Gundavelli, K. Chowdhury,
                    P. Yegani
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 95467
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5846.txt

This document defines a binding revocation mechanism to terminate a
mobile node's mobility session and the associated resources.  This
mechanism can be used both with base Mobile IPv6 and its extensions,
such as Proxy Mobile IPv6.  The mechanism allows the mobility entity
which initiates the revocation procedure to request its peer to
terminate either one, multiple or all specified Binding Cache
entries.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC