Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mip6-hareliability-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:30:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Home Agent Reliability Protocol (HARP)
	Author(s)       : R. Wakikawa
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mip6-hareliability-08.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2010-11-08

The home agent can be a single point of failure when Mobile IPv6 and
its associated supporting protocols are operated in a system.  It is
critical to provide home agent reliability in the event of a home
agent crashing or becoming unavailable.  This would allow another
home agent to take over and continue providing service to the mobile
nodes.  This document describes the problem scope briefly, and
provides mechanisms of home agent failure detection, home agent state
transfer, and home agent switching for home agent redundancy and
reliability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-hareliability-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.