Subject: [MEXT] CFP: SI on Mobility Management for Flat Networks

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:05:21 +0200

Springer Telecommunication Systems  Special Issue on Mobility Management
for Flat Networks

Call For Paper

Until recently, complexity in mobility management did not pose any
serious challenges with respect to performance for the vast majority of
mobile devices. Most devices had no active sessions most of the time,
and only a small minority maintained a handful of sessions active for
short periods. This changed with the wider introduction of modern
smartphones which use network resources in a much more aggressive manner
and for longer durations, have built-in multiaccess capabilities, and
suitable user interfaces for rich user experiences, especially in terms
of multimedia services. The latter is conducive to dramatically
increasing traffic volumes. Within this landscape, session and mobility
management in today's infrastructure networks is falling far behind the
new requirements arising from the widespread use of sophisticated
end-user devices. In order to address the core problem, mobility
management needs to include in its scope multiaccess and multipath
management. In current network architectures it is typical that a
(logical) single network element is in charge of managing mobility. This
impedes routing functionality as all data traffic has to be forwarded to
this network element, thus reducing system scalability and overall
reliability.

Considering the current trend in "flattening" network architectures, new
means of supporting mobility can be envisaged in a more distributed and
dynamic fashion. Such considerations include end-hosts and network
schemes.

We invite authors to submit papers reporting original, previously
unpublished research which address this research area and follow either
evolutionary approaches based on current IP-centered architectures or
introduce revolutionary designs and new paradigms. Experimental/testbed
and empirical studies as well as implementation/industry results
(including field trials) are also welcome. Topics of particular interest
include:

-      Performance evaluation, including scalability analysis, energy
efficiency, and resource utilization in flat networks

-      End-host vs. network mobility management

-      Future Internet architectures for flat networks, including cloud

-      networking and mobile clouds

-      Flat and distributed mobility management in 3.9/4G networks,
including 3GPP, IEEE and IETF technologies and standards

-      Disruptive technologies for flat mobile networks

-      Mobility and multiaccess management in flat networks

-      Mobile data traffic measurement and analysis, modeling, and
prediction

-      Security, trust, and reliability for flat networks

-      Experimental platforms for flat networks

Guest Editors

Kostas Pentikousis, PhD

Huawei Technologies ERC

Berlin, Germany

[email-masked]

Philippe Bertin, PhD

Orange Labs

Rennes, France

[email-masked]

Hidetoshi Yokota, PhD

KDDI Labs

Saitama, Japan

[email-masked]

Schedule

Manuscript submission deadline: 15 February 2012

End of first review cycle: 15 May 2012

Submission of revised paper: 15 August 2012

Notification of acceptance: 15 November 2012

Submission of final revised paper: 15 January2013

On-line publication of special issue: 3rd Quarter 2013 (Tentative)

Hard copy publication of special issue: Depends on printing schedule

Paper Submission

Authors should follow the Journal of Telecommunication Systems
manuscript format described at the journal web site:
www.springer.com/journal/11235. In particular, perspective authors
should thoroughly follow the "Instructions for Authors". Submission of a
manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published
before; that it is not under consideration for publication anywhere
else; that its publication has been approved by all co-authors, if any,
as well as by the responsible authorities -tacitly or explicitly- at the
institute where the work has been carried out. The publisher will not be
held legally responsible should there be any claims for compensation.

Manuscript Style

There is no limit on the length of submitted papers. Submitted papers
are typically 35 double-spaced typewritten pages, including all figures,
tables, bibliographies, etc. See "Instructions for Authors" on the
journal web site for details on Title Page, Abstract, Keywords, Citation
style, Table and Artwork formatting.

How to Submit

Manuscripts must be submitted by email to all three Guest Editors in PDF
format (with Subject: "[Telecommun Syst] Mobility Management for Flat
Networks"). The submission

email must include the title and abstract of your paper, 1-3 special
issue topics of primary interest as listed above, and the names,
affiliations and emails of all authors. The corresponding author should
also be designated clearly. If a paper contains material previously
presented at a conference, or some other Journal/Proceedings, authors
are REQUIRED to cite the previous work. Electronic copies of the earlier
publication(s) should be provided as part of the submission. In
addition, authors are requested to explain in a cover letter to the
Guest Editors, in which way the new submission provides substantial
novel contributions beyond those of the previously published work.

All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by at least three independent
reviewers, including a Guest Editor, to ensure high quality and
relevance to the topics of the Special

Issue.

********************************************************************************
IMPORTANT.Les informations contenues dans ce message electronique y compris les fichiers attaches sont strictement confidentielles
et peuvent etre protegees par la loi.
Ce message electronique est destine exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionne(s) ci-dessus.
Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur ou s il ne vous est pas destine, veuillez immediatement le signaler  a l expediteur et effacer ce message 
et tous les fichiers eventuellement attaches.
Toute lecture, exploitation ou transmission des informations contenues dans ce message est interdite.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d alteration.
A ce titre, le Groupe France Telecom decline toute responsabilite notamment s il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
De meme, il appartient au destinataire de s assurer de l absence de tout virus.

IMPORTANT.This e-mail message and any attachments are strictly confidential and may be protected by law. This message is
intended only for the named recipient(s) above.
If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.
Any unauthorized view, usage or disclosure ofthis message is prohibited.
Since e-mail messages may not be reliable, France Telecom Group shall not be liable for any message if modified, changed or falsified.
Additionally the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.
********************************************************************************