Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] FW: RFC 3419 (TC for Transport addresses)

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:33:56 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Narten [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 19:34
To: Bert Wijnen; Bill Fenner; Margaret Wasserman
Subject: RFC 3419 (TC for Transport addresses)

IS this document used by anything? Should it be made historic??

Just doing a grep, almost no RFC references it. But RFC 4181
(Guidelines for MIB Documents, September, 2005) does.

It says:

   Note 3.  TDomain and TAddress SHOULD NOT be used in new MIB modules.
            The TransportDomain, TransportAddressType, and
            TransportAddress TCs (defined in TRANSPORT-ADDRESS-MIB
            [RFC3419]) SHOULD be used instead.

The reason I assume 3419 is irrelevant is because RFC 4022 (revised
TCP MIB for both IPv4 and IPv6) doesn't even refer to it!

Or am I just confused?

Thomas

_______________________________________________
MIB-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib-doctors