Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB Doctors Last Call for http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-snmp-ether-01.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:44:38 +0300

I would like to invite the MIB Doctors to read and review
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-snmp-ether-01.txt.
This document is authored by Juergen and by the chair of IEEE 802.1 and
will obsolete RFC 1089 updating it to support transport of SNMPv3 over
IEEE 802 networks. 

If you have any comments or questions, please send them to
[email-masked] and also copy Tony Jeffree. This Last Call expires
on July 28. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

_______________________________________________
MIB-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib-doctors

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:16:45 -0700 (PDT)

> [email-masked] and also copy Tony Jeffree. This Last Call expires

I commented on the -00 version of this draft back in this thread:

http://ops.ietf.org/lists/mreview/mreview.2006/threads.html#00271

The only issue I had was respecting the re-use of Ethertype 0x814C,
which was proposed but was listed as an open issue in the -00 draft.  
I supported re-using 0x814C.  I see that the only change between -00
and -01 is that this is no longer an open issue (0x814C will be
re-used), so I am OK with the -01 document.

I encourage other folks to take a look, it's very short and will not
take up much of your time.

Mike Heard

---

From: "Orly Nicklass" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:12:31 +0200

I read the doc when it was first posted. Now that the type issue is
closed, I plan on using it. It seems useful. 

-----Original Message-----
From: C. M. Heard [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 00:17
To: MIB Doctors
Cc: Tony Jeffree
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB Doctors Last Call
forhttp://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-snmp-ether-01.txt

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> This document is authored by Juergen and by the chair of IEEE 802.1 
> and will obsolete RFC 1089 updating it to support transport of SNMPv3 
> over IEEE 802 networks.
> 
> [email-masked] and also copy Tony Jeffree. This Last Call 
> expires on July 28.

The only issue I had was respecting the re-use of Ethertype 0x814C,
which was proposed but was listed as an open issue in the -00 draft.  
I supported re-using 0x814C.  I see that the only change between -00 and
-01 is that this is no longer an open issue (0x814C will be re-used), so
I am OK with the -01 document.

Mike Heard