Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] draft errata for RFC1382

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:30:47 +0200

This what I intend to send to RFC-Editor. If I do not
hear any objections by the end of this week, then I
will send it on Monday Aug 7th.

Bert
------------- draft follows

To: rfc-editor, 
cc: iana; author of RFC1382 ([email-masked])

RFC-Editor,

The MIB doctors are working on a references list for ifTypes 
as found in IANAifType-mib, see
    http://www.iana.org/assignments/ianaiftype-mib 

During that process, we found the following error in RFC1382, page 4: 

   3.3.  Structure of MIB

   Instances of the objects defined below represent attributes of an
   X.25 Packet Layer interface.  At present these interfaces are
   identified by an ifType object in the Internet-standard MIB-II [5]
   of:

                 ddn-x25(4), and
                 rfc887-x25(5).

And also on page 23 we find the same error:

          -- ifType: ddn-x25 or rfc877-x25
          --      an interface of type ddn-x25 will use an algorithm to
          --      translate between X.121 address and IP addresses.
          --      An interface of type rfc877-x25 will use a
          --      configuration table to translate between X.121

The values ddn-x25(4) and rfc887-x25(5) are incorrect.

The correct values, as per the ianaiftype-mib:

                 ddnX25(4),
                 rfc877x25(5),    

We believe these to be correct as per RFC1573, which is when the
IANAIfTpe-MIB was handed over to IANA for admin/maintenance.

Bert

_______________________________________________
MIB-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib-doctors